UCI alternate list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
synapse said:
dr. peterson is female

:laugh: sorry..typo

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP. Any news?

sdnstud said:
BUMP. Any news?

Only a confirmation email stating they recieved my waitlist acceptance form. After all of this waiting I'm only just now feeling the anxiety. GAH! :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting... Good luck to all you guys/gals!

Ok. I guess I have too much time. I re-read last year's alternate list movement thread and counted the # of acceptance offered each week. Here is what I found:

wk of 5/26: 1 sdner got accepted
5/30: 1
6/7: 2
6/14: 0
6/21:5
6/28: 4

hum...i seriously anticipate something to happen this week. Guess it won't be today.

sdnstud said:
Ok. I guess I have too much time. I re-read last year's alternate list movement thread and counted the # of acceptance offered each week. Here is what I found:

hum...i seriously anticipate something to happen this week. Guess it won't be today.

Good detective work sdnstud!

Alright everyone, I just emailed Dr. Peterson giving up my spot. It made me sad! If someone gets that spot, it better be one of you guys!!!!! GOOD LUCK! :luck: :luck: :luck:

yah; i thought they withdrew me but apparently I had to reconfirm; I was withdrawn yesterday; seems like sdnstud wants it most; so hopefully from one bear to another; good luck

NorCalGirl said:
Alright everyone, I just emailed Dr. Peterson giving up my spot. It made me sad! If someone gets that spot, it better be one of you guys!!!!! GOOD LUCK! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Oooooooh, ME ME ME ME ME!

I'm sure you'll do well and be extremely happy wherever you go, NorCalGirl. When I read through some of the threads in this forum I feel so lucky that I even had the opportunity to make a choice. Anyway, g'luck in all your endeavors!

sdnstud said:

Nice job!

Hmm 1 acceptance isn't much though. It seems as though late June is when most of waitlist movement occurs.

sigh, nothing new today... again

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I think I will step back from SDN for awhile. UCSD accepted a large group of waitlisters today and I wasn't one of them. It hurts to know that I am not among the chosen. If I stay on SDN, I will probably see you guys get off UCI's alternate list one by one while I depressingly booze up.

I wish each of you the best of luck. Take care.

sdnstud said:
Hey guys, I think I will step back from SDN for awhile. UCSD accepted a large group of waitlisters today and I wasn't one of them. It hurts to know that I am not among the chosen. If I stay on SDN, I will probably see you guys get off UCI's alternate list one by one while I depressingly booze up.

I wish each of you the best of luck. Take care.

keep your head up man; where ever you go for med school work hard and you will get a great residency :thumbup:

I too obsessively check this thread everyday to see if any movement has happened. Good luck to all of you guys! For those holding on to 1 acceptance, you know you'll end up with a great education wherever you go indeed :)

I got the call from Dr. Peterson today! I still can't believe it. Good luck to everybody!

I Got The Call Today Too!!!!!! :hungover:

Hi, new poster. I'm in the same boat, alternate list since December. What time did you guys get the call? Did they update your status on the uci status check page?

atasin said:
Hi, new poster. I'm in the same boat, alternate list since December. What time did you guys get the call? Did they update your status on the uci status check page?
The status page did NOT change. I got the phone call around 1pm.

CONGRATS EVERYONE!

I hope there's a phone call for me tomorrow. I want so badly to join you all!

Can I ask those of you that were admitted today whether you sent letters of intent and such? If so, what did they contain?

Thanks!

cammy1313 said:
CONGRATS EVERYONE!

Can I ask those of you that were admitted today whether you sent letters of intent and such? If so, what did they contain?

Thanks!
I sent a letter of intent, which included an update on my most recent shadowing experiences. I also had my school send my most recent set of transcripts.
Just keep updating them so that they know how interested you really are. Good luck!

Yay! Congratulations everyone! Cammy, I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you! :)

New user as well and also still waitlisted. I tell you, the tension stinks!!! Everytime my phone rings i freak out then get bummed out when it is not UCI

microman said:
I got the call from Dr. Peterson today! I still can't believe it. Good luck to everybody!

Congrats MicroMan! I know you deserve it. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the same success for me!

Hmmm....I wonder how many spots are left.....Hmmmm :confused:

I got off today too! but now i'm really confused...I really like UCI but I dont' know if I should go instead of UCSD. Any advice? I really like the people at UCI and I got a great impression from the school

mandalonius said:
I got off today too! but now i'm really confused...I really like UCI but I dont' know if I should go instead of UCSD. Any advice? I really like the people at UCI and I got a great impression from the school

seemed like a better more relaxed place than ucsd; i really liked la jolla tho, but it isnt a fun night life place; however, the city isnt too far away but the students dont seem to go much (read: too much studying). If you arent interested in academic med or research (esp. developmental), tho the med students didnt seem to be too involved (read: too much studying) then go with UCI.

microman said:
The status page did NOT change. I got the phone call around 1pm.

my status page changed. i got the call around 3pm.

cammy1313 said:
CONGRATS EVERYONE!

Thanks!

Hey all,

I got a voice mail from Dr. Peterson yesterday around 3pm Pacific time congratulating me too :) I'm glad the UC's were among the first to contact me after being waitlisted. Cammy, I know how much you want to go to UCI, I hope you hear from them soon! I sent in 2 letters of interest (note, NOT intent), one about a month after my interview and another as May 15th neared, updating on volunteering and activities and how much I liked the school. My status paged changed as well.

I'm now torn between Irvine and Davis. I'm still leaning towards Davis (i sent in the letter 2 days ago), but your guys's thoughts would be appreciated. Time to think......

nairay said:
Hey all,

I got a voice mail from Dr. Peterson yesterday around 3pm Pacific time congratulating me too :) I'm glad the UC's were among the first to contact me after being waitlisted. Cammy, I know how much you want to go to UCI, I hope you hear from them soon! I sent in 2 letters of interest (note, NOT intent), one about a month after my interview and another as May 15th neared, updating on volunteering and activities and how much I liked the school. My status paged changed as well.

I'm now torn between Irvine and Davis. I'm still leaning towards Davis (i sent in the letter 2 days ago), but your guys's thoughts would be appreciated. Time to think......

WOW! Congrats, Nairay!!!! Irvine versus Davis is a tough choice! Truthfully, I'd say it'd probably boil down to location for me. Northern and Southern CA are completely different places, IMHO. Which place gives you the warm fuzzies?

And on a side note, thanks for the happy thoughts everyone, I'm sending out every good vibe I can in return! However, I think I might have to follow in sdnstud's footsteps and step away. I'm pretty good at containing my anxiety but I can feel a blood vessel burst everytime I see someone post an acceptance in this thread. I'd like to be alive before I start med school! :laugh: Anyway, congrats everyone and hopefully I'll be posting here soon with my own good news!

nairay said:
Hey all,

What cammy said is true. Northern and southern california are two different creatures. Seeing as how u went to UCI for undergrad, UCI seems like the logical choice. Less stress about adjusting, staying close to family, etc.

synapse said:
my status page changed. i got the call around 3pm.
my status page finally changed too after getting the call yesterday.

I guess there hasn't been any movement during Memorial Day weekend. I just hope, as all others in the wait list to get that call soon- this is driving me insane!

*Standing in front of a podium, in a room full of depressed people, with all eyes on me*

Hi. My name is Curandero *choked up sound like I'm about to cry as I stare off to the side* and I'm a UCI waitlister.

*a single tear rolling down my cheek*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Curandero, you crack me up!!! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Hi everyone,

I've decided to stick with Davis (new environment, low cost of living), so I'm gonna decline my spot. It's nice how UCI gives pre-paid envelopes for their SIR. I hope it goes to one of you waiting for the lucky phone call.

I will miss the easy access to good Mexican food down there (Alejandro's, Alerto's, etc), HondaYa, my fave restaurant in Tustin, the chance to burn all my MCAT/application stuff at a Corona del Mar bonfire, and the new Lee's! (I was there when it was still a Denny's...)

Good luck! :luck:

congrats on davis nairay! although its sad you wont be at uci, im excited for u! have a great time at a great school!

nairay said:
Hi everyone,

I've decided to stick with Davis (new environment, low cost of living), so I'm gonna decline my spot. It's nice how UCI gives pre-paid envelopes for their SIR. I hope it goes to one of you waiting for the lucky phone call.

I will miss the easy access to good Mexican food down there (Alejandro's, Alerto's, etc), HondaYa, my fave restaurant in Tustin, the chance to burn all my MCAT/application stuff at a Corona del Mar bonfire, and the new Lee's! (I was there when it was still a Denny's...)

That's terrific, nairay! The bay area is great! Davis was my only reasonable shot of having the opportunity to move up there. But, alas, no interview. Ce la vie! I'm sure you'll have an amazing experience. And you know Irvine will always be here for a visit.

In the meantime, here's praying we get some more good news this week for us waitlisters!

nairay said:
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for the well wishes! Again, good luck everyone!

for those of you accepted post-may 15th, is there any type of fee (ie. $100 deposit) that we need to pay to the school??

Any news?...Anyone?

curandero said:
Any news?...Anyone?

Has anyone had problems checking thier status on the uci website? For some reason, I can't check mine anymore. Maybe they took away my priviledges because they know they have caused me to become ocd.

simone said:
Has anyone had problems checking thier status on the uci website? For some reason, I can't check mine anymore. Maybe they took away my priviledges because they know they have caused me to become ocd.

I tried logging in last night, the usual page prompting amcas id number and birth date doesn't come up. A little box asking for the username and password for the intranet now comes up.

swordfighter said:
I tried logging in last night, the usual page prompting amcas id number and birth date doesn't come up. A little box asking for the username and password for the intranet now comes up.

I get the same thing. I called yesterday and they said they didn't know of any problems. Maybe someone else should try calling today.

Hey guys, I have a problem here. I sent 2 letters of INTENT to UCI stating that it is my top choice and that I'd go if accepted. I just got a call from UCSD, and I'm in. Now, is it ok to call uci and drop myself from the alternate list? I love uci, and i love ucsd just as much. I just want this waiting to end, move down and settle in sd asap and get on with my life!!!

sdnstud said:
Hey guys, I have a problem here. I sent 2 letters of INTENT to UCI stating that it is my top choice and that I'd go if accepted. I just got a call from UCSD, and I'm in. Now, is it ok to call uci and drop myself from the alternate list? I love uci, and i love ucsd just as much. I just want this waiting to end, move down and settle in sd asap and get on with my life!!!

sdnstud, congrats bro! I've been semi-following all your angst and frustration with the UC, and it's nice to see that you finally got into one. Now if only UCD or UCSD will take me...