UCI anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daniel86155

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know if anatomy course at University of California, Irvine will be accepted to all p.t. schools since this is a basic requirement? I am a fourth year and plan to take it spring quarter but i heard that the course at UCI is sketch in the way that it may not be transferable, especially since its not even counted as a lab for the lab degree requirements. Is there a website that I can see if it is transferable or meets prereq requirements? I do not know what to do at this point :'( I have wasted $500 plus on applications and if this is not accepted i do not know what I will do.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Does anyone know if anatomy course at University of California, Irvine will be accepted to all p.t. schools since this is a basic requirement? I am a fourth year and plan to take it spring quarter but i heard that the course at UCI is sketch in the way that it may not be transferable, especially since its not even counted as a lab for the lab degree requirements. Is there a website that I can see if it is transferable or meets prereq requirements? I do not know what to do at this point :'( I have wasted $500 plus on applications and if this is not accepted i do not know what I will do.

Hi,

I had friends from UCI take their anatomy at the local Irvine CC (Irvine Valley College). They told me anatomy at UCI is only offered to medical students, ergo they were forced to attend IVC. I don't know how reliable this information is but I know for certain anatomy at IVC is transferable to all PT schools.

Western University has a prereq database search that will indicate which prereq courses are accepted. Don't assume though that because Western accepts the course other universities will too. Here's the link: http://prospective.westernu.edu/physical-therapy-e/requirements-22/

IMO, if you can't get a conclusive answer on the anatomy course offered at UCI you might as well take it at IVC. Good luck

From what I have heard, UCI offers their Anatomy course that consists of some "virtual" or simulated dissections which may give you trouble if the admissions committee decide to do some research on the syllabus of that course (if they do not already know about it). They may even breeze through it, making sure it has the required units and corresponding lab. I have no idea how schools decide whether a prereq can fulfill their requirements or not. The best way to know for sure is to directly contact the schools you will be applying to, and ask them about it. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I had friends from UCI take their anatomy at the local Irvine CC (Irvine Valley College). They told me anatomy at UCI is only offered to medical students, ergo they were forced to attend IVC. I don't know how reliable this information is but I know for certain anatomy at IVC is transferable to all PT schools.

Western University has a prereq database search that will indicate which prereq courses are accepted. Don't assume though that because Western accepts the course other universities will too. Here's the link: http://prospective.westernu.edu/physical-therapy-e/requirements-22/

IMO, if you can't get a conclusive answer on the anatomy course offered at UCI you might as well take it at IVC. Good luck
Hi,
Thank you so much for the help!!! so based on this, it means that this university takes this class? Just making sure. I talked to a counselor and they said most grad schools do take this class when its combined lecture and lab D170. I will probably call individual pt schools to be sure.
Best,
Daniel P.

Hi,
Thank you so much for the help!!! so based on this, it means that this university takes this class? Just making sure. I talked to a counselor and they said most grad schools do take this class when its combined lecture and lab D170. I will probably call individual pt schools to be sure.
Best,
Daniel P.

Hey - Did you get responses from calling the schools? I am also in a similar situation though I didn't realize it until I came across this thread so now I'm wondering the same thing. Just thought I'd ask before calling myself..

Hey - Did you get responses from calling the schools? I am also in a similar situation though I didn't realize it until I came across this thread so now I'm wondering the same thing. Just thought I'd ask before calling myself..
Hello, do you go to UCI as well? I did call and they told me that it does count at most schools. I went further to contact some schools such as Chapman and University of Nevada and they assured me that the requirement can be fulfilled with this course. The sad part of this story comes when schools require two or more anatomy courses. UCI I believe only offers one. Sorry for the late reply!

Hello, do you go to UCI as well? I did call and they told me that it does count at most schools. I went further to contact some schools such as Chapman and University of Nevada and they assured me that the requirement can be fulfilled with this course. The sad part of this story comes when schools require two or more anatomy courses. UCI I believe only offers one. Sorry for the late reply!

Hey! Sorry - was on vacation for the UC break. Yes, I go to UCI and was planning on taking anatomy here. I suppose if schools require an additional course, we could just take that elsewhere. Thanks for the info! My new problem is that the course doesn't seem to be considered a bio elective but that's another story...

Hey! Sorry - was on vacation for the UC break. Yes, I go to UCI and was planning on taking anatomy here. I suppose if schools require an additional course, we could just take that elsewhere. Thanks for the info! My new problem is that the course doesn't seem to be considered a bio elective but that's another story...
Oh i thought it was considered an elective. That sucks. I am taking nutrition in case