UCI "On Hold" For Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plattinum9

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has been put on hold for interview at UCI, did you eventually get an interview? and when? thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

plattinum9 said:
For anyone who has been put on hold for interview at UCI, did you eventually get an interview? and when? thanks...

I did. I PM'ed you with the details!

plattinum9, I have been on hold since September at UCI.

Members don't see this ad :)
what does "on hold for interview" mean? Is that one of the status on their status check website. My status has been "Pending review" for 2 months before they granted me with an interview.

NorCalGirl said:

Hey NorCalGirl, can you PM me the details as well? I've been "On Hold" since 1/10.

Thanks

PatentGuy33 said:
Hey NorCalGirl, can you PM me the details as well? I've been "On Hold" since 1/10.

Thanks

Heh me too. Hold since October.

NorCalGirl said:

Unless it involved sexual favors or animal sacrifice, can you post it to the thread. :)

Well, after being complete since August and spending months in "Review in Process" (longer than I've heard of for anybody else)...I'm "On hold". I called UCI's office this morning and they told me that they are reviewing all of the pre-interview hold people right now and that they will be sending out invites via e-mail by the end of this week. They will be sending out final decision letters (i.e. rejection letters) to the rest by the end of the month. Apparently there is/are no set date(s) for the final interviews. Come on UC Irvine!

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: (since it's St. Patrick's Day)

Hey, add me to those PMs as well! Many thanks!

tacrum43 said:
Well, after being complete since August and spending months in "Review in Process" (longer than I've heard of for anybody else)...I'm "On hold". I called UCI's office this morning and they told me that they are reviewing all of the pre-interview hold people right now and that they will be sending out invites via e-mail by the end of this week. They will be sending out final decision letters (i.e. rejection letters) to the rest by the end of the month. Apparently there is/are no set date(s) for the final interviews. Come on UC Irvine!

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: (since it's St. Patrick's Day)

thanks for calling tacrum... I guess that is tomorrow then. I will be compulsively checking my email tomorrow. :)

DoctorMalki said:
thanks for calling tacrum... I guess that is tomorrow then. I will be compulsively checking my email tomorrow. :)

Me too. In fact, just to add to the compulsiveness, UCI sent out the invites at midnight for the 3/1 interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
tacrum43 said:
Me too. In fact, just to add to the compulsiveness, UCI sent out the invites at midnight for the 3/1 interviews!

so i guess this means if we don't get an invite tomorrow we're rejected ?

DoctorMalki said:
so i guess this means if we don't get an invite tomorrow we're rejected ?

That's what the woman I talked to seemed to imply, but she didn't outright say it. I suppose that it could take longer than they expect and they might go into next week. Sorry, what she told me is all I know. I'm assuming that yes, if we don't get an invite by Friday night, then we won't be getting one. Good luck Malki, hopefully we will both get an invite!

Geez, sorry I never PM'ed all you guys! I guess I didn't check this thread after I posted that a month ago. I'm horrible.

Anyway, I was on hold waaay back in October. I had some extra letters of rec sent and also wrote an intense letter of interest to them (I know a lot about the program so I knew why I wanted to go there). I finally got an interview in December. After all that craziness, I'm on the alternate list. Sheesh... and my own boyfriend is a med student there.

Good luck everyone!! :luck: :luck: :luck: And Happy St. Patrick's day, too!

well, i was sitting in the admissions office, and i hear Gayle Pierce yell out to Dr. Peterson..."there are some high 'on holds', want to get them off?" and Dr. Peterson responds.. NO! so, that's the latest news.

Hi you guys - I too was on hold FOREVER..from about Sept until February. When my application was being reviewed, I sent in two letters (to Gayle and Dr. Peterson) and emailed them both as well. I also sent in some more letters of rec. I guess it worked b/c then I interviewed Feb 16! (I haven't heard back yet tho).

Since it's too late to mail stuff in, I really suggest emailing them both and telling them if UCI is your top choice. Their email addresses are on the UCI website, and their phone numbers too (I guess if you are very brave you could call!)

Anyway, good luck to you all! :luck: :luck: :luck: I really hope you guys get interviews...pm me if you have any questions or nething! :)

ComptonLBC said:
well, i was sitting in the admissions office, and i hear Gayle Pierce yell out to Dr. Peterson..."there are some high 'on holds', want to get them off?" and Dr. Peterson responds.. NO! so, that's the latest news.

troll?

Anybody receive an e-mail from UCI today? I'm compusively checking my e-mail praying for an interview invite...

nothing yet...i'm hoping for one too...good luck!

Please do not feed the troll.

Attachments

• troll.jpg
    troll.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 47
tacrum43 said:
Please do not feed the troll.

Tacrum43, why do you say i'm a troll? Answer me that. Are you saying that what i posted b4 was a lie? answer that. Yes or no. You think I made up that convo that Doc Peterson and Gayle Pierce had?!!?
Please do not feed the F A G.

ComptonLBC said:
Tacrum43, why do you say i'm a troll? Answer me that. Are you saying that what i posted b4 was a lie? answer that. Yes or no. You think I made up that convo that Doc Peterson and Gayle Pierce had?!!?
Please do not feed the F A G.

I did not say you were a troll until you said all that mean stuff about me. I simply asked other people's opinions because I couldn't make up my mind. You helped me out there. :thumbup: I do believe you made up that conversation between Dr. Peterson and Gayle because it would be inflammatory (that's the essence of a troll) and even if you didn't, it is irrelevant because you said you were there on Monday, but I called on Thursday, therefore my "news" was more recent than yours. How did I figure this out? I am a F A G: a Factually Accurate Guy, like you said. ;)

I think you are lying. You did not call on Thurs. You're just trying to start something and trying to imflame this bursitis topic. Maybe you need some anesthetics, cuz you are still a F A G = Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual man

ComptonLBC said:
I think you are lying. You did not call on Thurs. You're just trying to start something and trying to imflame this bursitis topic. Maybe you need some anesthetics, cuz you are still a F A G = Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual man

Is that the best you can do? And thanks to Evo for deleting that derogatory post.

tacrum43 said:
Is that the best you can do? And thanks to Evo for deleting that derogatory post.

yes tacrum43, that's the best i can do. Now the score is 2 to 1, and I'm up. where's your comeback? I'm up dawg, your turn to tie the score. I'll be waiting... or are you too mature for this? please don't tell me u'r too mature for this and take the high road. don't be a typical F A ...

LBCCOMPTON said:
yes tacrum43, that's the best i can do. Now the score is 2 to 1, and I'm up. where's your comeback? I'm up dawg, your turn to tie the score. I'll be waiting... or are you too mature for this? please don't tell me u'r too mature for this and take the high road. don't be a typical F A ...
and you needed to create a troll acount to get back at this guy? Epitome of pathetic....

Caverject said:
and you needed to create a troll acount to get back at this guy? Epitome of pathetic....

yes, i need to create a troll account to get back at this guy. I am the EPITOME OF PATHETIC!!!!! WHOO HOOO!!!!!! I"M SO STUPID!!! why am i so immature??!?!?!?!? GEEEEEEEEEEZ score 2-1 hahahahahhahaha WOOOO

LBCCOMPTON said:
yes, i need to create a troll account to get back at this guy. I am the EPITOME OF PATHETIC!!!!! WHOO HOOO!!!!!! I"M SO STUPID!!! why am i so immature??!?!?!?!? GEEEEEEEEEEZ score 2-1 hahahahahhahaha WOOOO

Common you guys! My life hangs in the balance of the topic of this thread and you two are having an online message board fight?

Caverject said:

CAVERJECT you are the pathetic one. I side w/ lbc compton or compton lbc whatever the heck his name is. How dare you make fun of people condescendinly in this forum. He was just insulted be the person who called him a troll, it aint your fight. Caverject, grow up. You are the epitome of 'loser'

Okay, now that the tool has been dealt with, please carry on.

Hi, I was on the hold list at UCI since October, and I really was not expecting to hear anything from them. Then...I got an email on March 5th offering me an interview on March 14( last monday).

Here's the bad news...when you are there, some students interviewed at the hospital, and need to take the shuttle to get there. Gayle Pierce, the lady in charge, told the lady who drove the shuttle that that Monday was the last full interview day, and she will no longer need the shuttle. I think they are still interviewing for the special programs, like the PRIME-LC (working with the Latino community), but I think that's it for regular interview. :(

OK, so if they have truly finished interviewing, what does this mean for everyone on the alternate list? Does UCI start offering acceptances to those on the list? Or do they just sit on their hands until May 15th when those they've already accepted decline for other schools?

Cammy1313, I actually did a search on this topic. the past 2 years, some (very few) alternates were accepted before May 15th. Majority of the alternate list movement occurs late May/early June. So yes, UCI does offer acceptance to those on the list before May 15th.

cammy1313 said:
OK, so if they have truly finished interviewing, what does this mean for everyone on the alternate list? Does UCI start offering acceptances to those on the list? Or do they just sit on their hands until May 15th when those they've already accepted decline for other schools?

sdnstud said:
Cammy1313, I actually did a search on this topic. the past 2 years, some (very few) alternates were accepted before May 15th. Majority of the alternate list movement occurs late May/early June. So yes, UCI does offer acceptance to those on the list before May 15th.

Thanks for the glimmer of hope, sdnstud! ;)

Good luck with the waitlist everyone! I would definitely continue to write update letters/emails to Gayle and Dr. Peterson. Show em UCI is your top choice! Good luck! :luck:

smartievan said:
Hi, I was on the hold list at UCI since October, and I really was not expecting to hear anything from them. Then...I got an email on March 5th offering me an interview on March 14( last monday).

Here's the bad news...when you are there, some students interviewed at the hospital, and need to take the shuttle to get there. Gayle Pierce, the lady in charge, told the lady who drove the shuttle that that Monday was the last full interview day, and she will no longer need the shuttle. I think they are still interviewing for the special programs, like the PRIME-LC (working with the Latino community), but I think that's it for regular interview. :(

Well if that's true :( . However, why would the admissions office tell me that they were still planning to send out more invites last Thursday if they had already stopped on Monday? Maybe nobody told the people that answer the phones, I don't know.

Apparently that was true, because Dr. Peterson e-mailed me today to tell me I was rejected.

This sucks. :( UCI was my first choice and they wouldn't even interview me. But neither has anybody else so I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. Sorry if I sound whiny, but it hurts to have your dreams crushed.

tacrum43 said:
Apparently that was true, because Dr. Peterson e-mailed me today to tell me I was rejected.

This sucks. :( UCI was my first choice and they wouldn't even interview me. But neither has anybody else so I guess I shouldn't really be surprised. Sorry if I sound whiny, but it hurts to have your dreams crushed.

I'm sorry to hear that, Tacrum :( If it makes you feel better, I was hoping to get an interview from them also, but I called yesterday and was told that they are done interviewing ("though nothing is official until you actually get the rejection letter"). So, I'm bummed too! Hang in there and re-apply and hopefully it'll all work out in the end. Good luck!

tacrum43 said:

Same here. Got an email from Dr. Peterson. UCI was my first choice.

Sorry to hear that Luv...i know how you feel. dr. peterson didn't email me though...i guess i'm just going to get the standard snail mail rejection

DoctorV09 said:
Sorry to hear that Luv...i know how you feel. dr. peterson didn't email me though...i guess i'm just going to get the standard snail mail rejection

Sorry to hear about everyone's rejections. I have a question though...

I have not been rejected yet (checked on the status page and confirmed that I am still "on hold").

Since everyone is getting rejected, does anyone know why this might be for me? I am not a minority or any other class of applicant that might qualify for a special program that I am aware of.

Yeah, I'm in your boat. No email, no update, nothing. For you guys that got the email, was your status updated or not?

nockamura said:
Yeah, I'm in your boat. No email, no update, nothing. For you guys that got the email, was your status updated or not?
same here ... no email, no status update, no snail mail rejection ...

I guess we are not qualified enough to receive a rejection email/snail mail ... you know, there is cost to send them out ... so we just have to assume rejection if we do not hear from UCI

My status page still says "on-hold" - I guess I received the email because I wrote a letter to them (basically begging them to re-review). Dr Peterson refers specifically to the letter in her rejection email.

faradayampere said:
same here ... no email, no status update, no snail mail rejection ...

I guess we are not qualified enough to receive a rejection email/snail mail ... you know, there is cost to send them out ... so we just have to assume rejection if we do not hear from UCI

me neither...no rejection via snail mail or email and my status page still says "on hold." i had been emailing Dr. Peterson as well, so who knows? these people (aka..all med schools) need better (and faster) communication methods