-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Uci Waitlist??
Started by BOOURNS
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
me too 🙁. there is something really wrong with the uc system. just because applicants will drop most schools for them, does not mean they should be allowed to string us along like this for so long. don't get me wrong, i'm very grateful to have gotten this far with them. however, i feel it is so WRONG to do this to us! i turned in my primary a year ago almost!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seriously, getting a waitlist together the month before people start school is not the way to do things. this will only get people in that haven't been accepted anywhere because everyone will have already matriculated by the time they actually start pulling from the waitlist.
what'd you stop by the office for PC?
what'd you stop by the office for PC?
I went to the office bec. fin aid sent me a letter requesting a form that I had already sent them. I wanted to hand-carry another copy to confirm that they did indeed receive it. Much to my surprise, they were off celebrating the long weekend 🙁
Originally posted by domagnet
When's the first day of class?
Sept. 2.
Still waiting for news ...
hey guys, I just checked my status page and it says that I am on the alternate list as of today 5/27/2003! So go check your status and you might see some updates there! However this was really weird, I called the admissions office and the lady there said that in her computer my application is still on hold 😕 So I was like well how many times does the status webpage update per day and she said once per day...anyways, she also said that if we need to get any more information to contact Dr. Peterson. So good luck people and hopefully the wait won't be so bad! take care.
Whoo Hoo! I'm on the alternate list! I guess this is a cause for a semi-celebration...😛
It's kinda corny, next to the Alternate List box is a 'Yes'.
It's kinda corny, next to the Alternate List box is a 'Yes'.
hey same here Dr. Don. I didn't call, but my status page has been updated to "yes" on the alternate list as of today. this is an unranked list right? I'll maybe give them a call tomorrow. I wonder if its a glitch or if we're really on the waitlist. Good luck everyone.
Hey all, it looks like I got into the alternate list as well. (Although I will probably call the office and confirm with them again today or tomorrow). Did anyone else get other types of changes on their status pages? I have the same doubts as Moskeeto in regards to this being a glitch or some kind of a sick joke.
What exactly is the difference between the waitlist and being an alternate, i thought it was the same thing..
can someone clarify?
thanks
can someone clarify?
thanks
its the same thing.Originally posted by fakename310
What exactly is the difference between the waitlist and being an alternate, i thought it was the same thing..
can someone clarify?
thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not to be mean or anything, but did anyone get rejected off the hold or better yet accepted off the hold! I'm just trying to figure out is EVERYONE who was on hold was put on the alternate list, because if that is the case then it's going to be much harder to be pulled off of it. thanks
ditto on the alternate standing. these schools are such a tease.
sorry to be the one to say it, but from what i understand, EVERYONE that interviewed is put on the waitlist at this point. they don't reject anyone. So your status hasnt' really changed, you just havne't been accepted.
I don't mean to be a downer, but this was explained to me by a first year student; everyone gets waitlisted.
the good news is that a lot of the class ends up coming off the waitlist after the other UCs have their pick of the students...so just wait and see at this point, no difference.
I don't mean to be a downer, but this was explained to me by a first year student; everyone gets waitlisted.
the good news is that a lot of the class ends up coming off the waitlist after the other UCs have their pick of the students...so just wait and see at this point, no difference.
Originally posted by fakename310
sorry to be the one to say it, but from what i understand, EVERYONE that interviewed is put on the waitlist at this point. they don't reject anyone. So your status hasnt' really changed, you just havne't been accepted.
I don't mean to be a downer, but this was explained to me by a first year student; everyone gets waitlisted.
the good news is that a lot of the class ends up coming off the waitlist after the other UCs have their pick of the students...so just wait and see at this point, no difference.
I had a feeling it was going to be like this....
I'm an alternate like all you guys too.
My student interviewer told me that of the nine people he interviewed last year, all but one were accepted outright, and the last one got in off the waitlist. I feel like a major failure. 🙂 I just may break his streak.
My student interviewer told me that of the nine people he interviewed last year, all but one were accepted outright, and the last one got in off the waitlist. I feel like a major failure. 🙂 I just may break his streak.
how can they put everyone they interview on the alternate list, thats crazy. so its just a fend for ourselves kind of deal then with no ranking. 😡 its just wierd because it seems as if i was told several times during the interview that we'd either be wailisted or rejected towards the end.
o well, thanks for the info fakename
o well, thanks for the info fakename
Hey guys! I was also put on the alternate list today, so I emailed Dr. Peterson to see if I could get any more info. She told me that I was in the upper third of the list and to expect an email from Gayle Pierce confirming this within "the next few days". So I assume everyone on the alternate list will be getting these emails by the end of the week. I wonder if she will tell us more specific rankings, other than what third we are in. It looks like it is going to be a long wait. 🙄
Best of luck to everyone waiting!
Best of luck to everyone waiting!
i was also put on the alternate list just like everyone else...i wonder how long it will take before we hear anything...i guess it could be till august. when do they start rejecting does anyone know???
Originally posted by bruingirl
Hey guys! I was also put on the alternate list today, so I emailed Dr. Peterson to see if I could get any more info. She told me that I was in the upper third of the list and to expect an email from Gayle Pierce confirming this within "the next few days". So I assume everyone on the alternate list will be getting these emails by the end of the week. I wonder if she will tell us more specific rankings, other than what third we are in. It looks like it is going to be a long wait. 🙄
Best of luck to everyone waiting!
I got the email this afternoon:
You have been selected as an alternate for the Fall 2003 first year entering
class at UC Irvine, College of Medicine. Classes begin September 3, 2003,
with registration and orientation scheduled for August 27, 28, and 29, 2003.
As positions become available, applicants from the Alternate List may be
accepted until September 3, 2003.
By June 6, 2003, please complete the form below and reply via e-mail to the
Office of Admissions and Outreach at [email protected] or fax it to (949)
824-2485. While we respect your need for additional information, we are
unable to provide further details regarding your individual status.
Sincerely,
Gayle Pierce
Director of Admissions
UC
Irvine
Alternate
List Information
Entering
Fall 2003
NAME:
AAMC ID:
I want to remain under consideration for an acceptance to UCI College Of
Medicine:
YES____ NO_____
If you answered "YES" to wanting to remain under consideration for an
acceptance, you must complete the following information:
Mailing Address:
Current Phone:
Work Phone:
Pager/Cell Phone(s):
E-Mail Address:
Please provide information for two additional contacts should we have
difficulty contacting you
1. Name Of Contact:
Current Phone:
Work Phone:
Pager/Cell Phone(s):
E-Mail Address:
2. Name Of Contact:
Current Phone:
Work Phone:
Pager/Cell Phone(s):
E-Mail Address:
Good luck eveyone. Sept. 3 cannot come soon enough
How will we know where we are on the waitlist of they don't give out info on our status!!! That's crazy.... what really sucks is that the schools I have been accepted to, and probably many of the other SDNers on this thread, are schools that start in the begining of August... so really we gotta find out before then. That really sucks... but does anyone know if they will let us know where we are on the list if we call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got that email, too. However, I have withdrawn my application from UCI, so that's (potentially) one less application they will have to review before yours!
Good luck folks -- I have a feeling that a bunch of you will get in (slowly) off the waitlist. Maybe now is a good time to take up a new hobby...😛
Cheers,
PD
Good luck folks -- I have a feeling that a bunch of you will get in (slowly) off the waitlist. Maybe now is a good time to take up a new hobby...😛
Cheers,
PD
Me three. I guess they were sending out the email in intervals. Did you all have the part in the email about how we were not ranked and they couldn't tell us how many people were on the waitlist or our position? That paragraph wasn't in the email that someone posted.
You mean this part?
"While we respect your need for additional information, we are unable to provide further details regarding your individual status. The list is not ranked and applicants are selected to be accepted from the list via a review process. We do not share information regarding how many people are on the list."
Yes, it was in mine.
"While we respect your need for additional information, we are unable to provide further details regarding your individual status. The list is not ranked and applicants are selected to be accepted from the list via a review process. We do not share information regarding how many people are on the list."
Yes, it was in mine.
I don't think so domagnet. although my source says that some people must have gotten rejected post interview from UCI and although they say it's not ranked, it has to be because all of us got a score from the committee (my source is part of that committee). Right now the best we can do is just send update letters and grades and show interest on UCI if that's where you really want to go. Dr. Peterson I think makes the final decisions on people off the waitlist. Does anybody else have any other news?
hey guys! i'm here too 🙂. i am surprised they seem to be waitlisting everyone. they specifically told us at the interview they'd be rejecting some people post-interview. also, i called the office a while back & she told me i could call to find out my ranking when the waitlist is out. hmmm...
To be quite honest, I haven't recieved that email yet. I don't know where that places me. My status online says "alternate-yes," so I'm assuming I'm supposed to get an email. My sources at UCI also tell me I won't be cut, but I don't know how high I am on the waitlist. He/she (source) also says everyone has been assigned a score already, so I'm sure the official position is "it's not ranked," but the reality is we are. Dr. Don, do you go to USC?
I got the email and replied. Things seem to be winding down. I, too, feel pressed w/ UCI's late start compared to the east coast schools. I'm not holding my breath.
i also got the email...so was everyone that was not accepted placed as an alternate??? was anyone rejected??? it doesn't even seem like they narrowed it down!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad