UCI's Humanities Core to meet English/English Composition Prereq

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ripeorange

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey yall!

I took the Humanities Core series at UCI and was wondering if those that did the same had these courses count towards the English/English Composition prereq for some dental schools. These courses were split up into a lecture component and writing component. In addition, these courses took care of many GE requirements (lower division writing requirement included). Unfortunately due to the AADSAS not allowing us to classify courses with multiple subjects, I am not sure if I should have these courses under "Humanities" or "English".

Here is the Humanities Core description:

"Humanities Core is a year-long course that examines how humans have interpreted and recorded their experiences in the past and how those interpretations inform the present and future. Through the study of literature, film, philosophy, history, and visual art, students delve into the processes of making meaning and learn textual analysis to gain a greater understanding of social interaction.

Lectures by prominent faculty present for students a variety of cultural artifacts and ways of understanding human experiences. At the same time, students engage in intimate discussion through small seminars that also prepare students to write for both academic and public audiences.

By addressing a wide range of texts and approaches to humanistic inquiry, Core meets seven General Education requirements, in the categories of lower-division writing, arts and humanities, multicultural issues, and international/global issues."

Appreciate the input!

Members don't see this ad.