UCLA adcom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jessica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the UCLA adcom is meeting to decide on the first round of acceptances??

Members don't see this ad.

Jessica,

I don't have an answer for you yet, but I can ask the office personnel when I go down there for interview next wk.

Jessica,

I have no idea. I want to know too! When did you interview? I interviewed on 12/18 and haven't heard anything. I'm going to call tomorrow to find out. I'll post their answer.

Take care

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't expect to hear anything before February. They usually don't start accepting until the end of January.

I just called today. They said that they aren't rolling admissions so they won't be accepting until April????????? That's bizarre, I was under the impression that all the UC's were rolling. Maybe it was a mistake...who knows.

I interviewed on 12/13, and my interviewer told me that the Admissions committee would most likely not meet until early Jan. I was just wondering if anyone knew whether the BIG event had happened yet. The interviewer also told me that it usually takes about 4 weeks from decision making to notification of applicants... so I guess the wait continues.

Hey Jessica,

Do you mean that they wait 4 weeks after they decide to contact the applicant? Or do you mean 4 weeks after the interview for the whole decision making and contacting process?

If it's the former, that would really suck... :(

..I said it once...and I'll say it again. Do NOT expect to hear before February.

BTW UCLA has rolling admissions. The person you spoke to doesn't know what they are talking about. If you don't believe me speak to Lili Fobert (director of admissions).

Hey guys!

I was at UCLA recently and both my student and faculty interviewer said that they are sending out the first round of acceptance letters next week. I don't know how recent of interview groups will hear since they started interviewing since October. However, they had no idea of a time frame of when more recent interviewees could hear from the school. All depends on when the committee makes a decision on you and where you rank in terms of desirability as a candidate. If you are one of those applicants put "on hold" (middle of the pack) it could be April or May before you hear. If you are one of those highly desirable or least desirable candidates you hear immediately (acceptance or rejection). Hope this is accurate information but it seems like everyone always hears something different.

Originally posted by Incendiary:

Do you mean that they wait 4 weeks after they decide to contact the applicant? Or do you mean 4 weeks after the interview for the whole decision making and contacting process?

•••

My interviewer told me that it usually takes the admissions office about 4 weeks to process the paperwork etc. and send out the acceptance letters after decisions have been made... but it seems like a lot of people are hearing different things. So... I guess we prepare for the worst and hope for the best (like the possibility of hearing something next week :eek: )

Good luck! Is it your first choice?

Thanks Incendiary... UCLA is awesome and I would LOVE to go there! Of course, being from southern California, I am biased... you can't beat the weather, the faculty, clinical experiences, etc. etc. plus they are building a new hospital and research facilities. I was very impressed by UCLA and if I got in I would certainly withdraw most of my pending apps. (dreaming of being in that fortunate situation!)

For those of you that have interviewed at UCLA, how long did you have to wait for an interview after your entire application was complete? It's been two months for me. I check the status check webpage daily, but to no avail. How long did you guys wait??? And when do they stop interviewing??

My turnaround time was about three weeks, but I think that is highly variable... I know others have heard sooner, some took a lot longer. I think they are interviewing through March (someone correct me if I am wrong)

i interviewed last week and they told me they normally send the first round out on jan 15th and that will still be the case this year, but there will be very few sent out. They told us that we should hear in mid feb if it is good news, but if it is wait list or reject that we may not hear to march. good luck everyone, i was quite impressed with the school, but it's just too close to home and the campus is too familiar (i grew up going to all the ucla football/bball games), so i'll be somehwhere else next year, but a really great school, good luck to all.

Originally posted by Jessica:
•Does anyone know when the UCLA adcom is meeting to decide on the first round of acceptances??•••

So this is "the answer" to your question: the first round will be sent out on 2-15-02. the Nov & Dec interviewees will be informed of the AdCom's decision by then. Deanna(the Admissions Officer)told me that some of the January interviewees may hear something by then too, if not definitely by March 15. One more month of waiting to go !!!!! :D :D

So has anybody received an acceptance from UCLA yet? What does "first round of acceptances" mean in terms of the number of acceptances offered? Do they offer as many as will fill the class, meaning everyone who interviews post-January is looking at a waitlist at best? I just interviewed a couple of days ago and now am totally confused as to when I should be expecting news? Is there any word of the date when the second round of acceptances will be offered?

Hey barb, I know a couple of people who have been accepted at UCLA. They haven't filled up the class yet. I think they normally fill the class by mid-march, but who know what will happen this year. When did you interview at UCLA? I interviewed last week too.

Hey bomback,
thanks for the info. I interviewed last Thursday. I really loved the school, it's by far my first choice.

thanks for the info, patientlywaiting

i'm not waiting patiently!!!

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Patiently Waiting:
• •••quote:•••Originally posted by Jessica:
•Does anyone know when the UCLA adcom is meeting to decide on the first round of acceptances??•••••So this is "the answer" to your question: the first round will be sent out on 2-15-02. the Nov & Dec interviewees will be informed of the AdCom's decision by then. Deanna(the Admissions Officer)told me that some of the January interviewees may hear something by then too, if not definitely by March 15. One more month of waiting to go !!!!! :D :D •••••

I FINALLY got my secondary after about a billion phone calls...but alas...is it too late?