UCLA Class of 2010!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DoctorDolittle said:
When I called the Weyburn Terrace Office, they told me that parking applications would be distributed on move-in day. To me that seemed a little strange seeing that I would need a place to park my car the day I got there and couldnt exactly wait for the app to be processed etc. I ultimately decided not to bring my car, so I didnt follow up on the issue but I think your best bet would be to call Weyburn directly. Hope that helps!
The meters in front of the Weyburn office are tagged for "unloading" on move-in day. Also, if you don't get your permit on the first day (which for me took about 1.5 hours of standing in the parking office line), you can just stick your parking application in your window until you go get the permit the next day.

Members don't see this ad.

By the way: Who here moved into Weyburn on July 1st? Let's meet up!

Hi all!

Rosemary (aka rosiemary ;) ) and I got our offer! We will be in Cypress Court! Anyone else there too?

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, so I checked my BAR account online and saw a massive balance. I emailed Gloria at the financial aid office about it and this is her response:

"You do not need to pay your fees on your own; you can wait until your financial aid disburses, the last week of July, and pays your fees without penalty. The July 20 deadline is to pay fees with a credit card or personal check or if you are not a financial aid recipient. I plan to have award letters mailed by the end of this week, and then your fall aid will disburse to pay your fees, as I already mentioned, the last week of July."

So, rest assured, we can wait till we get our financial aid to pay the fees. My checking account is dwindling really fast. On a lighter note, I got my room assignment a few days ago: Palm Court, #067. Not sure if that's first floor or what... guess I'll find out when I arrive on the 15th. Anyone else in Palm Court?

-Sarah

DrBorisCA said:
Hi all!

Rosemary (aka rosiemary ;) ) and I got our offer! We will be in Cypress Court! Anyone else there too?

Cypress here too :cool: See ya in a few weeks!

DrBorisCA said:
Hi all!

Roomies already sharing a PC :)

uclaers!!!! i just got off the waitlist and am looking forward to heading down south in august. my undergrad is hopkins and i'm originally from nor-cal. in regards to housing, i just applied for weyburn and all other ucla grad housing for that matter. has anyone that got off the waitlist obtained lottery-given housing?

ucla2010 said:
uclaers!!!! i just got off the waitlist and am looking forward to heading down south in august. my undergrad is hopkins and i'm originally from nor-cal. in regards to housing, i just applied for weyburn and all other ucla grad housing for that matter. has anyone that got off the waitlist obtained lottery-given housing?

Congrats welcome to the club!

ucla2010 said:

Congrats! Welcome to the from-Hopkins-waitlist-accepted-matriculating club!

Mixtli said:
Congrats! Welcome to the from-Hopkins-waitlist-accepted-matriculating club!

lol, there are other ppl from jhu?

nycballet said:
On a lighter note, I got my room assignment a few days ago: Palm Court, #067. Not sure if that's first floor or what... guess I'll find out when I arrive on the 15th. Anyone else in Palm Court?

-Sarah
Hey Sarah!

I'm already moved into Palm 059, and know of a handful of other incoming MS1s that are moved in here as well. Palm 067 is part of the row of exterior facing (as opposed to courtyard facing) apartments that open up directly to the sidewalk on Veteran. You're right at the corner of Veteran and Weyburn on the ground level.

Hi Bluntman! That's really good to hear! Thanks for giving me an idea of where my room is. First floor should make moving in a bit easier (I hope). I'm moving in this Saturday so I'll probably see you around! :)

I just got into UCLA off the waitlist a few days ago and just found this thread. I am going to be living off campus in a Santa Monica apartment.

Anyway, I was just wondering what information has been sent to accepted students. I got the acceptance letter and am supposedly getting Financial aid info this week. What other documents and information should I have gotten but did not because of my late acceptance? At this point all I have done is registered on URSA, Statement of intent, Legal residence,and started looking up all my immunizations. What else is there?

Now that all that is done, when is the next get together in Westwood? I'd like to shoot pool or have drinks with you guys so we can get to know one another.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, I know that the book sale supposedly doesn't apply to textbooks, but I saw several of the required MSI books for 20% off on a table outside of the health sciences store --- including the Robbins book.

P.S. Congrats, SlippingSloth :)

SlippingSloth said:
Now that all that is done, when is the next get together in Westwood? I'd like to shoot pool or have drinks with you guys so we can get to know one another.
I say next Saturday evening/night to catch the next wave of people that move in, but I'm up for anything before then too! :)

This guy needs a little bump:

1. Kathy aka. DrBorisCA - From L.A., Undergrad UCLA
2. Rosemary aka. rosiemary - Pico Rivera, CA. Undergrad Stanford University
3. Andrew aka. MrAndrew47 - France/Kobe, Japan/Orange County, CA - Undergrad @ UCI!
4. G3 aka. Gee!Golly!Gosh! - From around town
5. John (Bluntman) - From OC, undergrad at UC San Diego
6. Greta aka Freewater- undergrad UC San Diego, currently living in Seattle
7. doc_doc_goose! - L.A. Undergrad in Boston
8. Jeff aka. WhiteRussian - From San Diego, undergrad at Wash U
9. dukeward - from Pasadena, Wash U undergrad
10. nocturnalraj - undergrad at UCI
11. redorkulated- From OC, 99% sure
12. mdung--San DiegO! Undergraduate @ UCSD!~
13. nycballet - undergrad at Yale ('04)
14. Danny aka Wookey - The OC, undergrad at UCI
15. Jess aka blueray83 - From Nor Cal, undergrad at Cal Poly, SLO
16. Emily (prana_md) - Oakland, ug @ Davis, post-bac @ Mills
17. Keith (Jarshaq32) - Burbank, undergrad @ Pepperdine
18. Amanda (the_chister) - Taiwan/Vancouver/Piedmont, undergrad at Princeton
19. chipan14 - Hawaii, undergrad UCLA
20. Iulia (brassai) - San Jose, CA, undergrad UCLA
21. Chris (shockaklan) - From Sun Daygo, undergrad UCSD
22. Amy (Snarfblatt) - San Francisco, undergrad U of AZ, grad UCSF
23. Steven (StevenRF) - Torrance, undergrad USC

SlippingSloth said:
I just got into UCLA off the waitlist a few days ago and just found this thread. I am going to be living off campus in a Santa Monica apartment.

Anyway, I was just wondering what information has been sent to accepted students. I got the acceptance letter and am supposedly getting Financial aid info this week. What other documents and information should I have gotten but did not because of my late acceptance? At this point all I have done is registered on URSA, Statement of intent, Legal residence,and started looking up all my immunizations. What else is there?

Congrats guys! :)

You'll get a checklist on your status page for forms to turn in. It might be there already if not here's what I have for the regular med program...

White Coat Ceremony Information (SAO) - form due 7/14/2006
Family Orientation (SAO) - form due 7/28/2006
BruinCard Terms & Conditions and Photo (SAO) - form due 7/7/2006
Bruin OnLine Account (SIS) - online registration
Registration Forms/URSA (ADM) - most of us did this right after acceptance
Health Clearance Form (SHS) - 8/4/2006
Final Transcript (ADM) - Please have your Final Transcript mailed to the Admissions Office
Access to computer, printer, and internet by 8/7/2006

Also what's not listed is the health insurance/waiver stuff that you can fill out at www.studenthealth.ucla.edu (due 7/20) and the electronic fund transfer app which is mailed.

3. Andrew aka. MrAndrew47 - France/Kobe, Japan/Orange County, CA - Undergrad @ UCI!
24. Chris (slippingsloth) - Monrovia, CA undergrad UCSD

Bluntman said:
This guy needs a little bump:

24. Chris (slippingsloth) - Monrovia, CA undergrad UCSD[/QUOTE]
25. ucla2010-Stockton, CA, undergrad johns hopkins

In case any of you are wondering (like I was), you can fit a queen bed in both of the 2BR plans. A queen box spring, however, won't fit up the stairs in a townhouse.

Also, I was bored this morning, so here's a nice pic of our new home: :)

187587364_9ee2d1cc78.jpg

Bluntman said:
In case any of you are wondering (like I was), you can fit a queen bed in both of the 2BR plans. A queen box spring, however, won't fit up the stairs in a townhouse.

187587364_9ee2d1cc78.jpg

Thanks I was wondering about that. I'm bringing mine too. Did Housing give you any grief about having a queen size?

Wookey said:
Thanks I was wondering about that. I'm bringing mine too. Did Housing give you any grief about having a queen size?
Not at all. I didn't mention it to them, and I don't see how it's any of their concern. After all, it's not like it's a water bed that could potentially flood the place. :rolleyes:

Bluntman said:

187587364_9ee2d1cc78.jpg

Hey Bluntman!
Thanks for the pic~ I was actually wondering if you would be able to post or PM me some pics of the inside. I was accepted post-second look weekend so I didn't get a chance to take the tour, and trying to schedule one ahead of time w/ the Weyburn office is like pulling teeth! I'm currently deciding between Weyburn and the Keystone/Mentone apartments, so I am curious about the space in a 2-bedroom since UA South apts have about 200 more square feet.
Thanks man! :thumbup:
SoCalGal

SoCalGal said:
Hey Bluntman!
Thanks for the pic~ I was actually wondering if you would be able to post or PM me some pics of the inside. I was accepted post-second look weekend so I didn't get a chance to take the tour, and trying to schedule one ahead of time w/ the Weyburn office is like pulling teeth! I'm currently deciding between Weyburn and the Keystone/Mentone apartments, so I am curious about the space in a 2-bedroom since UA South apts have about 200 more square feet.
Thanks man! :thumbup:
SoCalGal
What!?...so my charming personality wasn't enough to convince you to live here by itself?! ;) Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by how much space there is in both the 2BR models. I fit a queen bed and a big-ass desk in my room with no problems, and the living area is big enough to comfortably fit a large couch, entertainment center, and a couple of other chairs/recliners. The only things that I would say are "small" are the closets (but then maybe I've just been spoiled with a walk-in for the last year).

There are a bunch of cleaning people here right now, so I'll take some pics of the place for you as soon as they leave. :)

I never got a chance to take a tour of the 2BR apts. Can I see pictures of the inside too? Im moving in August 1st and I need to decide what to bring/buy for my room. hehe. I have a queen, but I wonder if I should bring a twin instead--to just have more space in the room.

Thanks!

Bluntman said:
What!?...so my charming personality wasn't enough to convince you to live here by itself?! ;) Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by how much space there is in both the 2BR models. I fit a queen bed and a big-ass desk in my room with no problems, and the living area is big enough to comfortably fit a large couch, entertainment center, and a couple of other chairs/recliners. The only things that I would say are "small" are the closets (but then maybe I've just been spoiled with a walk-in for the last year).

There are a bunch of cleaning people here right now, so I'll take some pics of the place for you as soon as they leave. :)

mdung said:
I have a queen, but I wonder if I should bring a twin instead--to just have more space in the room.

Thanks!
I will literally die if I ever have to go back to a twin!!! :smuggrin:

does anyone know what the schedule is like for orientation week? especially the first day (monday, 7th)---i am planning on going on a trip to portland that weekend for water rafting and i was hoping to come back monday morning instead of sunday night (saves me 100 bucks)--- think i can get away w/ that? suppose to fly into lax at 9am...

thanks.

Bluntman said:
I will literally die if I ever have to go back to a twin!!! :smuggrin:

mdung said:
does anyone know what the schedule is like for orientation week? especially the first day (monday, 7th)---i am planning on going on a trip to portland that weekend for water rafting and i was hoping to come back monday morning instead of sunday night (saves me 100 bucks)--- think i can get away w/ that? suppose to fly into lax at 9am...

thanks.

I don't know how it is this year, but last year, it started early (I want to say at 8:00).

Ok so now I have the checklist on my status, I was wondering what else have we recieved in the mail? I still haven't gotten any financial aid info from UCLA... Have there been any packets with information sent?

Thanks

No finaid package yet. I hope we get it b4 school starts. When did you get yours last year UCLAStudent?

26. Christine (kuisedai) - San Jose, CA, undergrad @ Berk

Hey guys, I just found this forum : ) I'm moving into Weyburn too - do you guys know anything about roomie assignments yet? Looking forward to meeting everybody!

How do we do our laundry without a bruin card in weyburn? I think we get them during orientation week right?

kuisedai said:
Hey guys, I just found this forum : ) I'm moving into Weyburn too - do you guys know anything about roomie assignments yet? Looking forward to meeting everybody!

Welcome aboard! I made the inital housing payment on 6/5 and got the room assignment for cypress court on 7/12.

StevenRF said:
How do we do our laundry without a bruin card in weyburn? I think we get them during orientation week right?
You can go down to the security office in the basement of CHS and get yours early if you want to. That's what we did. :thumbup:

Bluntman said:
You can go down to the security office in the basement of CHS and get yours early if you want to. That's what we did. :thumbup:

The security office said they didn't give out bruin cards. Student affairs said they wouldn't give it to me until first week. Hmmm

are any M1's considering getting a place at club california?

Anyone hear any news about when we'll be finding out about our financial aid packages? Seems that they're already about a month late in telling us :eek:

doc_doc_goose! said:
Anyone hear any news about when we'll be finding out about our financial aid packages? Seems that they're already about a month late in telling us :eek:

i got mine in the mail yesterday. it doesn't really say much more than what they have on your ursa site.... but you have to sign the form and mail it back in.

Wookey said:
Welcome aboard! I made the inital housing payment on 6/5 and got the room assignment for cypress court on 7/12.

Thanks : ) I'm in jacaranda court, next to the cemetary everyone's been talking about.

kuisedai said:
i got mine in the mail yesterday. it doesn't really say much more than what they have on your ursa site.... but you have to sign the form and mail it back in.

Ah, thanks.. Didn't realize they were already posted on URSA.

Hey anyone who is in town and is down to start hanging out, PM me your name and phone # so I can start getting in touch about meeting up. :) I think tonight we're gonna try to find a place to do Taco Tuesday...

Does anyone know the dimensions of the bedroom in a 2 br appt? I'm trying to figure out how big of a desk can i fit with a queen size bed. Thanks!

Wookey said:
Does anyone know the dimensions of the bedroom in a 2 br appt? I'm trying to figure out how big of a desk can i fit with a queen size bed. Thanks!

About 10 1/4' by 9 3/4'. I fit in a full futon, bookcase, and large desk... still havnt figured out what to do with my clothing... the closest is tiny!

Hey, I'm a promotor and recent USC medical school graduate. (I'm not a fan of the medical school, for those of you who ask) But I have also recently picked up a night job doing promotions in Hollywood at different clubs. If any of you guys are interested on being on my e-mail list about the different events we are having, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]. This friday we are having an event at Basque where one of the playboy playmates/wanna be designers is having a fashion show. Just e-mail me if you want more information.

hey everyone
I just got off the waitlist for the Drew/UCLA program and have been frantically trying to get stuff done. I've noticed that you need your UID for a bunch of stuff. How long did it take you to get it after being accepted? also does anyone know the schedule for orientation week starting august 7? thanks!
PS any Drew/UCLA students? give me a holler!

medhopeful724 said:
hey everyone
I just got off the waitlist for the Drew/UCLA program and have been frantically trying to get stuff done. I've noticed that you need your UID for a bunch of stuff. How long did it take you to get it after being accepted? also does anyone know the schedule for orientation week starting august 7? thanks!
PS any Drew/UCLA students? give me a holler!
Your UID comes with your official letter of acceptance...so if it says "decision letter sent" on your status page, then it's all up to the USPS now...

Hi guys! I just got called off the waitlist! I need to get my butt to LA in two weeks! Does Weyburn Terrace give priority to med students?

26. Christine (kuisedai) - San Jose, CA, undergrad @ Berk
27. Rafee (Oscar22) - Phoenix, AZ, undergrad U of AZ

I need to start drinking with my classmates...anyone down for Sunday?