Notification date: 11/01
Method of notification: Phone call
Residency: IS (CA)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
Application complete date: 8/28
GPA (science, overall): overall 3.91
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22 AA/22 TS Nothing under 17
Method of interview: Zoom

Don't lose hope guys!! Hang in there, you got this!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have an idea of how many interview invites have been sent out thus far?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview

Notification date: 11/21

Any tips for the interview from those who had one this cycle? There are questions on SDN but since they recently switched to closed-file (from what I hear), I am not sure how relevant they are.

Interview

Any tips for the interview from those who had one this cycle? There are questions on SDN but since they recently switched to closed-file (from what I hear), I am not sure how relevant they are.
wow, congrats!

Interview

Any tips for the interview from those who had one this cycle? There are questions on SDN but since they recently switched to closed-file (from what I hear), I am not sure how relevant they are
Congrats! when did you submit your app?

Thank you both. I'm extremely lucky.

Submitted June 1st

My application is still regarded as received/application complete as opposed to received/under review. Is this normal prior to receiving an interview invite/rejection or do some of you who are still awaiting a response have an under review designation?

My application is still regarded as received/application complete as opposed to received/under review. Is this normal prior to receiving an interview invite/rejection or do some of you who are still awaiting a response have an under review designation?
Mine is “application complete” and I have not heard anything from UCLA

ignore everything except for "interview invite", "accepted", or "rejected"...

Reactions: 1 users
Are they done sending out interviews? Not sure how late they send them out until

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they done sending out interviews? Not sure how late they send them out until
they are not likely done
publics usually have one to a few post-dec dates
generally, there are very few that are done already (mostly ivies)

they are not likely done
publics usually have one to a few post-dec dates
generally, there are very few that are done already (mostly ivies)
I was wondering if it’s okay to call the admissions to ask if they will interview post December this year? You know so I wouldn’t obsessively wait to hear back from them.

I was wondering if it’s okay to call the admissions to ask if they will interview post December this year? You know so I wouldn’t obsessively wait to hear back from them.
i wouldn't advise that you do that
trust the process...

You can call and ask, it’s not gonna hurt you, but the realistic answer is they will say yes

Is it also true that they don’t read any emails? Would be nice to have a way to show continued interest

Is it also true that they don’t read any emails? Would be nice to have a way to show continued interest
I followed up with them a few weeks ago via email about a question I emailed to them in late July, no response. It was a specific question too, not something I could have found on their website myself.

Got the call at 8:58!

• Care
Just got the call at 9:35 am pst

Last edited:
  • Love
Did anyone get their email for the deposit yet?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Is there a Facebook group / group chat by any chance?

Hi everyone! Current dental student at UCLA School of Dentistry! We do have a Facebook group page for the incoming Class of 2028! Here it is:

Thank you!

My app status is still “application complete/received”. Should I consider myself rejected at this point or they are just ghosting me?

My app status is still “application complete/received”. Should I consider myself rejected at this point or they are just ghosting me?
you are not rejected until they reject you
although ucla typically only has one or two post december interview sessions

Hi, does know if UCLA has post-december interviews? I heard it's not common for UCLA to have them, as they usually fill their class before December. Wanted to know if anybody heard from admissions directly regarding this cycle's status. Thanks.

Hi, does know if UCLA has post-december interviews? I heard it's not common for UCLA to have them, as they usually fill their class before December. Wanted to know if anybody heard from admissions directly regarding this cycle's status. Thanks.
I had a pre-dec interview but was waitlisted and told on dec 15 that they plan to have some interview sessions around now to mid-February. Late February is also the soonest we'd hear any waitlist movement!

Reactions: 4 users
is the class already full?
I gave the admissions coordinator another call and she told me the class is indeed full 😔 they’re still conducting interviews in February but we’ll probably only hear movement if people change their mind or after March 1 when ucla is informed of which students hold more than one spot

Did ucla ghost anyone else? And, is the class already full?
The coordinator told me the class is indeed full at this point but will conduct 4 more interviews (10 people each) in February. That was definitely more than what I expected but apparently it works out for them in then end, based on their past retention rates?

Reactions: 1 users
The coordinator told me the class is indeed full at this point but will conduct 4 more interviews (10 people each) in February. That was definitely more than what I expected but apparently it works out for them in then end, based on their past retention rates?
Gotcha thanks for the info! Do you know if sending a letter of interest would help in case of ucla? Because I know some other schools don’t accept them.

^^ also if there are updates you can provide on your application, would it be worth a shot to send a letter of interest? (New research position, grades etc)

^^ also if there are updates you can provide on your application, would it be worth a shot to send a letter of interest? (New research position, grades etc)
UCLA does not accept LOIs. I submitted one and they said they don't take them.

Could your multiple calls have rubbed admissions the wrong way rather than show you had interest? Also, UCLA admissions stats are already quite high, not sure how much higher your stats were (also it's an average, plenty ignored/interviewed/accepted have better stats than you, and the opposite is also true). Also, I'm sure since you're so far along in this process you understand that stats alone don't get you into competitive programs. What do you think would be a fairer selection process?

Could your multiple calls have rubbed admissions the wrong way rather than show you had interest? Also, UCLA admissions stats are already quite high, not sure how much higher your stats were (also it's an average, plenty ignored/interviewed/accepted have better stats than you, and the opposite is also true). Also, I'm sure since you're so far along in this process you understand that stats alone don't get you into competitive programs. What do you think would be a fairer selection process?
I want to first congraduate you on your acceptance!
To give you a little context, I have 25AA, 3.94 GPA, ucla alum. I also have over 100 hrs of shadowing experience, relevant work experience, and volunteer work. I applied early in the cycle, but It took my application over 2 months to be completed. I think a fairer process would give everyone a chance, and robbing someone the opportunity to be considered just because they called to ask normal questions sounds a little unethical, don’t you think?

I applied on July 1st, paid the fee on the same day. My application status did not change to complete untill late September. Called many times in the meantime to followup (which obviously showed how interested I am about the school). Never received a thing. Seeing how responsive and supportive other admission offices are, made me less interested in this school. I would also note that I have above their average stats. I don’t find their selection process the best or the fairest.
you could always rescind your application if you feel the school is unfair...

I want to first congraduate you on your acceptance!
To give you a little context, I have 25AA, 3.94 GPA, ucla alum. I also have over 100 hrs of shadowing experience, relevant work experience, and volunteer work. I applied early in the cycle, but It took my application over 2 months to be completed. I think a fairer process would give everyone a chance, and robbing someone the opportunity to be considered just because they called to ask normal questions sounds a little unethical, don’t you think?
your application took 2 months to be marked as completed on aadsas, not necessarily to be completed and considered
aadsas updates are notoriously not dependable...

Just received an interview for the waitlist (OOS)...What does that mean, and what are the chances of getting off the waitlist?
it means the class is full, but if you are still interested in the school, they are willing to interview for a spot if someone drops out

there's no way of telling what your chances are of getting off the waitlist...