UCLA ---> Happy January 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well its January 15th, and although its MLK Jr. Day and although it has been reported in another thread that the UCLA admissions office said they wouldn't be sending out acceptances until the end of the month, We can now start compulsively checking the status page to see when the letter from UCLA has been sent:

https://www.medstudent.ucla.edu/applications/appstat/appforms/status.htm

Good luck and Happy January 15th!

Members don't see this ad.

Well its January 15th, and although its MLK Jr. Day and although it has been reported in another thread that the UCLA admissions office said they wouldn't be sending out acceptances until the end of the month, We can now start compulsively checking the status page to see when the letter from UCLA has been sent:

https://www.medstudent.ucla.edu/applications/appstat/appforms/status.htm

Good luck and Happy January 15th!

LOL!!! Yes, now that it's Jan. 15 checking the status page 6x a day is a LITTLE less pointless than it was before :>

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Happy Jan 15th!!! Here's to some good luck for all of us!!!

:luck: :love: ucla :love: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes..for distractions...and yes for compulsive checking! The wait is unbearable....

Here is to GOOD LUCK to all :luck: :luck:

BUMP!!!

Hopefully someone can stop by tomorrow to confirm if we will hear soon or have to wait several more weeks.

maybe someone can call the office...I'm might be tempted...:)

Guys, January 16th is finally here!!!

(I know, I get excited over anything now)

Jan. 16...no change on status page yet :(

Me neither. Oh well. :(

has anybody called them yet to check on when they expect to send initial letters out?

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, I am flattered by the nomination, but honestly I think someone should stop by the office.

Called the office this morning...yeah I've been busy keeping myself distracted :) and I was told that decisions would start to be mailed by the end of the week...take that info for what it's worth (I know others have said end of the month...)

Any local kids wanna stop by the office for a friendly update visit?

Good Luck! :luck:

Called the office this morning...yeah I've been busy keeping myself distracted :) and I was told that decisions would start to be mailed by the end of the week...take that info for what it's worth (I know others have said end of the month...)

ahhh seriously? the end of the week???? *hopeful*

I could go downstairs and ask them, but nahhhh, you guys need to relax a little.

I could go downstairs and ask them, but nahhhh, you guys need to relax a little.

Hey, Penny - would you mind popping downstairs to ask? I think knowing would be far more relaxing than this frantic - "did they send them? no? yes? when are they sending them? anyone? hello!?"-ness that we have going on here ;)

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy:thumbup:

Hey, Penny - would you mind popping downstairs to ask? I think knowing would be far more relaxing than this frantic - "did they send them? no? yes? when are they sending them? anyone? hello!?"-ness that we have going on here ;)

meh, I would because I'm a nice guy, but seriously, they get like a billion calls a day asking this, maybe try letting them be and you will be rewarded with bueno karma points.

trust me they didn't forget about anyone :D

meh, I would because I'm a nice guy, but seriously, they get like a billion calls a day asking this, maybe try letting them be and you will be rewarded with bueno karma points.

trust me they didn't forget about anyone :D

eh, I understand... I'm just not one of those billion callers, sending hundreds of updates & hounding the office types, so I'm in the dark except for what I hear on SDN.....

I'm sure they didn't forget about anyone ;) I just hope that this doesn't turn into last year (late Feb)

:luck: :love: dreaming of ucla :love: :luck:

this isn't fun...I checked my status 15 times already today.

Extra good luck for everybody! :luck: :luck: :luck:

:laugh: :luck: :laugh: Happy January 17! :laugh: :luck: :laugh:

I have a feeling it aint gonna happen today...

Someone at UCLA should visit the office, that's the best source of current information.

I have a feeling it aint gonna happen today...

Someone at UCLA should visit the office, that's the best source of current information.

see here's the thing...I would really love to be in Westwood right now where its a balmy 56 degrees so I could go visit the admissions office in person.

Instead I'm freezing my ass off...

see here's the thing...I would really love to be in Westwood right now where its a balmy 56 degrees so I could go visit the admissions office in person.

Instead I'm freezing my ass off...

I wouldn't say it's balmy exactly. It just hailed like crazy outside. It's a white January in LA.

Good luck guys! Lol this thread reminds me all over agian when students started these types in threads in the MCAT forum waiting for MCAT scores. When they didnt come out that day, stories of conspiracy by princeton review and kaplan began to form and it just went downhill from there. Anyhow, good luck, hope to hear good news from all of you!

said that they r "trying" for the end of this wk. dont know what that means.

Good luck guys! Lol this thread reminds me all over agian when students started these types in threads in the MCAT forum waiting for MCAT scores. When they didnt come out that day, stories of conspiracy by princeton review and kaplan began to form and it just went downhill from there. Anyhow, good luck, hope to hear good news from all of you!

Heh... What kind of conspiracy theories?

Also, "trying for?" They have two more days. TRY HARDER.

any speculation as to whether a notification that the final decision letter has been sent could indicate an acceptance if it happens tomorrow or friday ??????

Hmm I guess there was snow. There was a lot of hail and slush falling so didn't see flakes.

It did snow today in Westwood --- it was the weirdest thing ever! :laugh:

I heard about it happening in Malibu but it snowed here in westwood too?? :confused: i was stuck behind a desk in a dungeon all day so i had no idea...

I heard about it happening in Malibu but it snowed here in westwood too?? :confused: i was stuck behind a desk in a dungeon all day so i had no idea...

Sure did --- I was walking home from school today and saw it on Weyburn. I took pictures. :D

dude, are you sure it was snowing? It was hailing. I saw it from the window, it doesn't look like snow to me.

Today's the ultimate test on whether results are going out this week. If it's not sent today, I highly doubt they would on a Friday...

Good luck to all of you (me included) !

Today's the ultimate test on whether results are going out this week. If it's not sent today, I highly doubt they would on a Friday...

haha, why so? I love rampant speculation!

haha, why so? I love rampant speculation!

You're right, it is speculation. But odds are, if they don't send anything today, it probably will be left to Monday...it just seems like the office is pretty slow on Fridays.

Does anyone know until what interview date they'll be releasing the letters for? I interviewed the first week of december, so I'm not sure that I'll be in this batch. Anyone have a clue?

Does anyone know until what interview date they'll be releasing the letters for? I interviewed the first week of december, so I'm not sure that I'll be in this batch. Anyone have a clue?

I'm in the same boat; I interviewed in december. I don't know if they do it by interview dates or not, though.

I'm pretty sure --- but it did hail, too.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-cold18jan18,0,1404930.story?coll=la-home-headlines

This is random, but if you have a Facebook profile, there's a new group where people are posting their pictures of the snow at UCLA (search for UCLA blizzard). Lol.

How could I miss it? No way! But I saw hail for the time... so cool!

From the article:

"....Westside neighborhoods were more likely to have been hit with a heavy accumulation of irregularly shaped hailstones called graupel that can be confused with snowflakes...."

So did anybody in Westwood get a chance to ask them personally if this batch is going out within the next day or not?

So did anybody in Westwood get a chance to ask them personally if this batch is going out within the next day or not?

maybe UCLAstudent could drop by the admissions office for us? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.