UCLA ---> Happy January 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aahhhh! Status change here too!! :scared: interviewed in sept. I live right across the street from the med. school. I wish i could just go and pick up the letter, but it's probably already sent..
 
for the first batch of acceptances, was it a big envelope or a small one

The first batch as far as i can tell was just acceptances with scholarships...
i have a feeling this one is a mixxed batch

as far as I understand, ALL UCLA acceptances/rejections/waitlists are sent in SMALL envelopes, so don't lose hope at the sight of a small envelope!!
 
Interviewed on February 1. Status changed today.

Does anyone know if the first batch sent last month included any waitlists and rejections?

there were about 15-20 people who got the letter sent, and all but two came back a few days later to say they got in, many with $. At least two did not reply again, but none came back to say waitlist or rejection. The ones who received Final decision sent instead of letter sent, were apparently pre-interview rejections.

As for the composition of this batch, it's anyone's guess, since the previous two years were not consistent. 05 was all acceptances the first few notifications, but 06 was first acceptances, followed by mixed. If UCLA decides to stick with the most recent method, I suspect those of us who got "letter sent" today could be getting anything, so we will just have to wait and see.

Here's to hoping they went back to the 05 method. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seems like many of those with status changes are feeling it's bad news....? Any reason why y'all feel this way?

I'm rooting for you all to get good news! They need to accept more people by second look - maybe it's all you guys!!! GL!!! :luck:
 
Seems like many of those with status changes are feeling it's bad news....? Any reason why y'all feel this way?

I'm rooting for you all to get good news! They need to accept more people by second look - maybe it's all you guys!!! GL!!! :luck:

a few of the Feb interviewees are getting "letter sent" before many of the fall06 interviews, I'd like to think they were so impressed by the Febs that they had to rush them acceptances.

But of course, the alternative interpretation is that of the "what the hell were we thinking interviewing her?" variety.

Patience grasshopper....
 
Hey - quick question for those who interviewed last Fall (sep-nov): are you just sitting tight? Have you tried contacting the office to see if everything's alright with your file? I haven't - just been patiently waiting (which I do believe is the right way), but, goodness gracious, when are they going to let us know?????

wishing and hoping....
 
Seems like many of those with status changes are feeling it's bad news....? Any reason why y'all feel this way?

Maybe because I interviewed on Friday the 13. Haha! But really, it's just a dreadful hunch based on last year's pattern of letters, and my own meager attempt to prepare myself for the worst. My UCLA interview was one of my best, but I've discovered (as have many others) that quality of interview doesn't really correlate with acceptance. Here's hoping I'm wrong....
 
Hey - quick question for those who interviewed last Fall (sep-nov): are you just sitting tight? Have you tried contacting the office to see if everything's alright with your file? I haven't - just been patiently waiting (which I do believe is the right way), but, goodness gracious, when are they going to let us know?????

wishing and hoping....

I have not contacted the office since October. Have not called, emailed, or sent an update letter.
Like most people who interviewed in the fall I was told late January I would hear. :laugh:
Oh well
This truly 100% is the last school I am waiting on. Its funny that I can say I have waited HALF A YEAR now for them to decide, literally.
 
for the first batch of acceptances, was it a big envelope or a small one

The first batch as far as i can tell was just acceptances with scholarships...
i have a feeling this one is a mixxed batch

From earlier in the thread:

Just got in, east coast OOS, with the $5,000 scholarship! UCLA, you are awesome! The mail literally just came, letter dated 2/23, postmarked 2/26. Good luck to all the other east coasters (and others) waiting. 🙂 Also, the letter was in a small envelope (though I didn't see it personally; got the call from somebody at my house.)
 
For those of you who are familiar with last year's UCLA letters, do you know if the second batch included mostly waitlists/rejections?
 
I have not contacted the office since October. Have not called, emailed, or sent an update letter.
Like most people who interviewed in the fall I was told late January I would hear. :laugh:
Oh well
This truly 100% is the last school I am waiting on. Its funny that I can say I have waited HALF A YEAR now for them to decide, literally.

I hear ya! UCLA is also the last school I have yet to hear back from. Sometimes I get exasperated and just want to know something, ANYTHING, from them so that I can move on with my life, make some decisions & start getting excited about a particular med school for this fall. Of course, that's not true - I'd rather hear good news then bad news, even if the good news follows a period of being a waitlister.....

Ok, sorry guys, just grumbling now.... Who knew it would be this many months later with still not a clue as to what's going on.... Am I rejected and they just haven't sent out rejection letters yet? Am I set to be accepted next round? Are these acceptances & I'm waitlisted & will hear when they get around to mailing out the waitlist letters? It's really tough to be in the dark....

Oh, UCLA, do shed some light on me (and, of course, my fellow SDNrs!).....
 
For those of you who are familiar with last year's UCLA letters, do you know if the second batch included mostly waitlists/rejections?

2005
1/25/05 - Acceptances
2/1/05 - Acceptances
2/8/05 - Acceptances
3/4/05 - Acceptances
3/7/05 - Acceptances, Rejections & Waitlists

2006
2/23/06 - Acceptances
3/3/06 - Rejection/Waitlist
3/7/06 - Waitlist
3/13/06 - Acceptances (including one who interviewed in Nov)
 
2005
1/25/05 - Acceptances
2/1/05 - Acceptances
2/8/05 - Acceptances
3/4/05 - Acceptances
3/7/05 - Acceptances, Rejections & Waitlists

2006
2/23/06 - Acceptances
3/3/06 - Rejection/Waitlist
3/7/06 - Waitlist
3/13/06 - Acceptances (including one who interviewed in Nov)

Thanks! Oh man...starting to become pessimistic...
 
2005
1/25/05 - Acceptances
2/1/05 - Acceptances
2/8/05 - Acceptances
3/4/05 - Acceptances
3/7/05 - Acceptances, Rejections & Waitlists

2006
2/23/06 - Acceptances
3/3/06 - Rejection/Waitlist
3/7/06 - Waitlist
3/13/06 - Acceptances (including one who interviewed in Nov)

Wow, they're getting later and later with each passing year, aren't they? I'd hate to be applying next year... they probably won't find out until like April!! :b
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
look at the proximity of the last three batches for 2006, i bet the batch just sent out includes acceptances, waitlist and rejections...
 
Trying to stay positive here. UCLA is lagging big time and second look weekend is approaching. It wouldn't make sense that the office is wasting time mailing out only rejections/waitlists when there are still all those slots to fill.
 
status change...interviewed 12/1

at least the waiting is over...unless it is another waitlist!!!! haha

good luck all :luck:
 
Trying to stay positive here. UCLA is lagging big time and second look weekend is approaching. It wouldn't make sense that the office is wasting time mailing out only rejections/waitlists when there are still all those slots to fill.


I agree. I think this wait especially for some of us who interviewed early Fall is unprofessional. There are practical reasons for wanting to know like swtiepie already stated. Being able to move on an start planning for next year, find an apartment, make plans to move, get your $hit in order basically.
If UCLA rejects me then I know where I am going but without hearing from them first then I really don't.
It would also be nice to meet future classmates at second look but with their current record of lagging behind there is no way that will happen for us. It will be a second look for maybe 20 people, what fun is that?👎
 
I agree. I think this wait especially for some of us who interviewed early Fall is unprofessional. There are practical reasons for wanting to know like swtiepie already stated. Being able to move on an start planning for next year, find an apartment, make plans to move, get your $hit in order basically.
If UCLA rejects me then I know where I am going but without hearing from them first then I really don't.
It would also be nice to meet future classmates at second look but with their current record of lagging behind there is no way that will happen for us. It will be a second look for maybe 20 people, what fun is that?👎

Wow I should shut up. Status change for me as well.
PLEASE TELL ME SOMEONE SMART LIKE QM OR SWTPIE HAS ONE TOO😱

Heres hoping for the 2005 Pattern of letters
 
status change...interviewed 12/1

at least the waiting is over...unless it is another waitlist!!!! haha

good luck all :luck:

Good to see you interviewed at some awesome schools. That gives me hope that there is a batch of good news letters coming out. :laugh: 👍
 
G'luck, everyone who received status changes!


I interviewed early/mid September and still no status change+pity+


sigh...
 
maybe those that had status changes earlier in the day and those that had status changes later in the day identify the different groups?!?!?
 
maybe those that had status changes earlier in the day and those that had status changes later in the day identify the different groups?!?!?

I just checked 10 mins ago and did not check earlier in the day so I can't help you there.

Damn i must have missed this thread all day, tons of posts. I think this will be a mixed batch myself. I interviewed in Sept for anyone who cares to know. If it was really sent today there is a good chance I could have it by Friday. Now I am scared
 
This thread is quickly approaching 1000 posts. It will be closed when it breaks 1000, so one of you might want to just go ahead and start a "UCLA ---> Happy January 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~ Part 2" (or some other variation on the title) thread.

Just a heads up.
 
i just tallied the status page changes posted here... (that is, for THIS round of status. all the first rounders appear to have gotten acceptances)

looks like :

sept : 2
oct : 2
nov : 3
dec : 3
Jan : 3
Feb :2
? : 1

thoughts?
 
i just tallied the status page changes posted here...

looks like :

sept : 2
oct : 2
nov : 3
dec : 3
Jan : 3
Feb :2
? : 1

thoughts?

Looks fairly even. I put money on 100% rejections OR all 100% acceptances.

It seems as though the easy tasks are who to accept and who to reject. Selecting who to waitlist is probably not such an easy task. Based on the response from people who received acceptances a few weeks ago they can then probably decide how large the next batch of acceptances should be. Just my thinking. That would go along with the 2005 pattern
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
goodbye my thread, I will miss you sorely, no matter if UCLA decides to give me love or not 🙁

Its been a fun ride!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.