UCLA ---> Happy January 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is taking so long...this week seems to be passing by in slow motion.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, this is taking so long...this week seems to be passing by in slow motion.

ya the killer is that decision about YOU (accept/waitlist/reject) has probably been determined already and its just getting the batch together that is the rate-limiting step...

Let's hope for a change by tomorrow...a classmate also waiting called today and they told him results may go out anytime now

Members don't see this ad :)
ya the killer is that decision about YOU (accept/waitlist/reject) has probably been determined already and its just getting the batch together that is the rate-limiting step...

I agree...the decision has been made (for most) and we have to wait to get the snail mail letter....ah waiting....:smuggrin:

Let's hope for today guys. According to different accounts, we should hear anywhere from today till Friday...

Let's hope for today guys. According to different accounts, we should hear anywhere from today till Friday...

On the 19th (I believe) someone was told that decisions wouldn't be mailed til the "end of the month" - which would technically be next week (if the phone estimate pans out). Others were told end of this week. I'm certainly hoping for the latter - especially if it contains good news!!

:luck: GL to ALL waiting!!! :luck:

:love: ucla :love:

How long do you think it takes mail to reach New York from Los Angeles?

How long do you think it takes mail to reach New York from Los Angeles?

I'm guessing it will take about the same time as it took b/w the status page changing and receipt of the interview questionaire page (for me on the west coast it was about 1 week or so)....? So I'd allow for 2 weeks (probably more like 7-8 business days after the status change?) Just a wild guess!

GL and I hope good news is headed your way soon!

Thanks for the response! GL to you and everyone else as well!

i talked to a MS2 last week thats on the commitee, and she said that they are still reviewing applicants that interviewed in october. she hinted to me its going to be a while before i my decision(jan interview)

Wow, they are still reviewing October interviewees? That just sent a chill down my spine :scared:

Wow, they are still reviewing October interviewees? That just sent a chill down my spine :scared:

I talked to an MS2 at UCLA in Nov who said that their committee was reviewing the Oct interviewees....? Maybe the different committees are running at different speeds?

Members don't see this ad :)
i talked to a MS2 last week thats on the commitee, and she said that they are still reviewing applicants that interviewed in october. she hinted to me its going to be a while before i my decision(jan interview)

Which subcommittee is your friend referring to?

So, will all of our status pages change at once?

yes. in addition, the earth's poles will switch, the planet will shift on its axis and spin backwards for a split second.

also, all postal workers will begin carrying tazers so you loonybins don't tear them apart looking for your letters :laugh:

Does everything have to be academic with you people...:laugh:

Argh, I had an early Jan interview as well. I guess there's no sense hoping for a response this/next week :(

Good luck everybody though. UCLA! :luck:

Does everything have to be academic with you people...:laugh:

hahah, nah i just find that wording much less clumsy than "the part that holds everything up"

I hope so just so there will be a collective orgasm from all of the contributors to this thread.

peace, love, and ucla acceptances

I talked to an MS2 at UCLA in Nov who said that their committee was reviewing the Oct interviewees....? Maybe the different committees are running at different speeds?

I was told through a source that my app had been reviewed already and i interviewed early october. So maybe swetiepie is right.

It all depends on how often your interviewer attends committee meetings. Most committees are reviewing applicants who interviewed in January at this point.

:laugh: :love: :laugh:

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck!​

:laugh: :love: :laugh:

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck!​

Thanks, DrB! :) Lots of good luck wishes floating around this thread! Hopefully, it'll turn out well for all of us! :)

:luck:

Has anyone emailed or talked to their med student interviewer about the application status and when acceptances will be sent out?

Do you guys think the med student interviewers will mind receiving emails from us asking about our status?? Im just soo anxious to know!!!:rolleyes:

Has anyone emailed or talked to their med student interviewer about the application status and when acceptances will be sent out?

Do you guys think the med student interviewers will mind receiving emails from us asking about our status?? Im just soo anxious to know!!!:rolleyes:

You guys had student interviewers? When I went I was the only applicant there and I only had one faculty interview.

You guys had student interviewers? When I went I was the only applicant there and I only had one faculty interview.

I had 1 faculty interviewer... ? :)
GL to ALL! :luck:

:love: ucla :love:

I wouldn't do this. The student won't tell you what you want to know, and it looks bad.

Good luck! :) :luck:

I guess I'm the black sheep here then. :idea:

Whether or not you get a student interviewer is actually completely random. It just depends on whether or not a student is available for the date and time you interview. :cool:

Whether or not you get a student interviewer is actually completely random. It just depends on whether or not a student is available for the date and time you interview. :cool:

Yeah, that's what they told me (at the time I interviewed they hadn't chosen student interviewers yet) but in your experience, does it end up hurting those who didn't receive them?

Interestingly enough, the day I interviewed, ALL the males (7) got student interviewers, and ALL the females (4) only had one. There wasn't even one exception. Needless to say we were intrigued. lol.

Yeah, that's what they told me (at the time I interviewed they hadn't chosen student interviewers yet) but in your experience, does it end up hurting those who didn't receive them?

Not at all. In fact, sometimes it hurts to have a student interviewer. There are times when an applicant is enthusiastic and engaging around the faculty member but is disinterested, bored, or arrogant around the student. These people typically don't get in.

I think one interview is stressful enough.

End of January is creeping up on us...and where are the decisions...come on UCLA! Good Luck...:luck:

I seriously think they should come out tomorrow. End of January is sooo close...

Has anybody called recently as to whether they are holding up the end of the week prediction?

Good luck

Not at all. In fact, sometimes it hurts to have a student interviewer. There are times when an applicant is enthusiastic and engaging around the faculty member but is disinterested, bored, or arrogant around the student. These people typically don't get in.

I agree with this. Two interviews = two chances to screw it up, IMO. But one can argue both ways.

I seriously think they should come out tomorrow. End of January is sooo close...

Has anybody called recently as to whether they are holding up the end of the week prediction?

Good luck

I called today and the lady on the phone said "I cant tell you" and I asked for a time frame and she said when they have finished reviewing an appropriate number of applicants they would start releasing decisions.:rolleyes:

That sounds longer than by the end of this month....sighhh..

I agree, that does sound like longer than the end of the month. But then again, it may depend to who you speak to...

I called today and the lady on the phone said "I cant tell you" and I asked for a time frame and she said when they have finished reviewing an appropriate number of applicants they would start releasing decisions.:rolleyes:

What I can't understand is the notion that they need enough applicants, since every indicator indicates that they are a month earlier in the process this year as the same time last year.

I'm curious how these delays are playing into everyone's opinion of UCLA. I totally loved it there and would be very happy to go there over some more prestigious schools. However, this process makes me doubt the administration. Even as far back as the secondary and interview notifications, UCLA is the only place I applied to that didn't send email notifications. Instead we had to constantly check our status (stati? statuses?) pages, something UCLA didn't tell us about (I wouldn't have even thought to do without SDN). The interview day, while it did include a nice tour, had none of the formal talks by admissions deans, financial aid people etc. that I've seen at most other schools. Now they are, seemingly once again based on previous years, delayed in handing out admitions decisions. Every other school seems to be able to meet their self-imposed deadlines, why not UCLA. Add to that the fact that they will only send out snail mail (why no email or phone calls?) seems to be another example of what can at best be thought of as an overwhelmed administration and at worst a callous one. Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to go there (heck, I only check my status page every two minutes), and maybe I'm just venting, but does anyone else feel a bit dissapointed in UCLA?

Eh, I guess I just expected as much. I told myself I wouldn't hear til late Feb, based on last year, and, while I think the snail-mail-your-interview-invite-back-and-forth is a little silly in these days of instant internet communication, I just took it as they way they do things. I think a UC for med school is probably very similar to a UC for undergrad (think: large bureaucracy). Thankfully they also come with a lower price tag :cool:

GL TO ALL WAITING!!! :)

Yes. I was ecstatic when I found that I was offered an interview, but the interview day was disappointing. I came in hoping to learn more about the school. Instead, I was pointed to a doctor's office, where my interview started an hour and a half late, then went to get lunch (which was pretty good) with other interviewees and 2 students, then went home. That's it. No tour, no presentation, no information. I feel like I know nothing about the school, so if I am lucky enough to get in, I will have to go back and visit it again. Hopefully, the med school experience at UCLA doesn't resemble the uncoordinated, poorly planned, delay-ridden interview and admissions process.

Eh, I guess I just expected as much. I told myself I wouldn't hear til late Feb, based on last year, and, while I think the snail-mail-your-interview-invite-back-and-forth is a little silly in these days of instant internet communication, I just took it as they way they do things. I think a UC for med school is probably very similar to a UC for undergrad (think: large bureaucracy). Thankfully they also come with a lower price tag :cool:

GL TO ALL WAITING!!! :)

I know it is a public school and never expected the level of involvement at any UC as I would at a private school. Still the other UCs I interviewed at, SF and SD, both have email notification and have been able to send out acceptances as advertised.

I know it is a public school and never expected the level of involvement at any UC as I would at a private school. Still the other UCs I interviewed at, SF and SD, both have email notification and have been able to send out acceptances as advertised.

True, and the interview day at SF was far more involved (tour, etc).

I guess I just meant from SDN and talking to current students, I was told OVER and OVER to expect very little from the interview day, that the second look weekend is when they flash more color/jazz it up/do more for the applicants, and that I should expect MAJOR delays with decisions.... That's all I meant.

Considering the prep I got, I am not too disappointed. Had I not been prepped - I would be appalled!

Status
Not open for further replies.