UCLA question - Describe a problem in your life...

SSM115

2+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Full question: Describe a problem in your life. Include how you dealt with it and how it influenced your growth (500 characters).

So I was unsure whether my topic of choice was appropriate and I could use some help. I was going to write about interpersonal/friendship problems that have arisen between myself and my closest friend who has muscular dystrophy. He and I both understand the the consequences of such a conditions and for a long time neither one of us could really come to terms with how that changed our relationship (couldn't do certain things, I felt terrible being able to do certain things, it changed who he was as a person, etc).

So in this case the problem would be the interpersonal ramifications of a medical condition.

The "how I dealt with it" part would be our heart-to-heart discussions, newfound openness, etc.

My growth would be learning how to have tough conversations, conflict resolution, improved ability to empathize

Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
  1. Non-Student
Full question: Describe a problem in your life. Include how you dealt with it and how it influenced your growth (500 characters).

So I was unsure whether my topic of choice was appropriate and I could use some help. I was going to write about interpersonal/friendship problems that have arisen between myself and my closest friend who has muscular dystrophy. He and I both understand the the consequences of such a conditions and for a long time neither one of us could really come to terms with how that changed our relationship (couldn't do certain things, I felt terrible being able to do certain things, it changed who he was as a person, etc).

So in this case the problem would be the interpersonal ramifications of a medical condition.

The "how I dealt with it" part would be our heart-to-heart discussions, newfound openness, etc.

My growth would be learning how to have tough conversations, conflict resolution, improved ability to empathize

Thoughts?
Sounds fine!

Reactions: 2 users
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads