UCLA School of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

How can I find out information about acceptance rate at UCLA. I interviewed with them already, and the school is my top choice. I would love to go there. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Does UCLA offer post-december interviews? I've heard for the past 2 cycles there have only been pre-december interviews and I was wondering if that's the case this cycle too.

I submitted my app and paid UCLA's supplemental fee in late July. On AADSAS, UCLA is the only school that is listed as "received/application complete" and not "application under review" ...Should I be concerned and reach out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my app and paid UCLA's supplemental fee in late July. On AADSAS, UCLA is the only school that is listed as "received/application complete" and not "application under review" ...Should I be concerned and reach out?
Just a hypothesis. But I have noticed a similar trend for “elite” schools.

Some schools do not review applications in the order they were received. Some schools will mention this explicitly but I don’t believe UCLA mentions anything one way or another.

Basically the top tier students will get their application reviewed first, regardless of the date they applied.

UCLA likely has a relatively strict algorithm that filters out students who have mediocre stats (GPA/DAT) or fail to meet some other criteria.

I have read they don’t examine every application so it is entirely possible your application will never be reviewed and will be stuck on that status. It is also possible they review your application later on in the cycle once they interview/accept more competitive candidates.

If you feel your application is highly competitive (objectively and subjectively) maybe inquire about a status update. If not, be patient and maybe inquire later on. Next month or post December.

Curious to see what other people suggest though. I’m also in the same boat as you (applied mid June/verified mid July).

Reactions: 1 users

Some schools do not review applications in the order they were received. Some schools will mention this explicitly but I don’t believe UCLA mentions anything one way or another.

Basically the top tier students will get their application reviewed first, regardless of the date they applied.

UCLA likely has a relatively strict algorithm that filters out students who have mediocre stats (GPA/DAT) or fail to meet some other criteria.

I have read they don’t examine every application so it is entirely possible your application will never be reviewed and will be stuck on that status. It is also possible they review your application later on in the cycle once they interview/accept more competitive candidates.

If you feel your application is highly competitive (objectively and subjectively) maybe inquire about a status update. If not, be patient and maybe inquire later on. Next month or post December.

Curious to see what other people suggest though. I’m also in the same boat as you (applied mid June/verified mid July).

I would agree. I would say -- having a very high DAT (23+), very high GPA (3.8+), or being a CA resident with good metrics -- pushes applications to the front of the line.

Also sitting on "App Complete" (submitted early July and OOS). Good luck all!

Reactions: 1 user

Yeah and I don't think UCLA is the only one that does this, unfortunately. But it makes sense that schools would want to interview & accept those with high stats first before getting to those with lower stats. Comforting to know that I'm not alone in this lol

Does UCLA offer post-december interviews? I've heard for the past 2 cycles there have only been pre-december interviews and I was wondering if that's the case this cycle too.

Their Predental Outreach just had a Zoom lecture and it seems like they're trying to fill seats by December. Someone specifically asked if they would have post-December interviews but we ran out of time.

Their Predental Outreach just had a Zoom lecture and it seems like they're trying to fill seats by December. Someone specifically asked if they would have post-December interviews but we ran out of time.

I would agree. I would say -- having a very high DAT (23+), very high GPA (3.8+), or being a CA resident with good metrics -- pushes applications to the front of the line.

Also sitting on "App Complete" (submitted early July and OOS). Good luck all!

24AA but been sitting on "app complete" since july as well :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
At “top” or “competitive” programs everyone that is applying from out of state, and usually in state too, is going to have killer stats. When all applicants have great stats, no one does. At that point it’s your story, unique ECs (not just standard volunteering/research/etc.), and other unique things that make your app standout

Yeah wondering if anyone got interviews in november? I haven't gotten a rejection yet so I'm wondering if I'm still in the mix

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this may seem like a stupid question, but has anyone been rejected yet?

Yeah wondering if anyone got interviews in november? I haven't gotten a rejection yet so I'm wondering if I'm still in the mix
According to Facebook, someone just got an invite.

I heard they were on their last batch from Dr. Margolis at the preview day yesterday so fingers crossed!

Just got a pre-decision day interview invite today! They called me on the phone and didn’t send any email. They had 12/8 & 12/11 available. AADSAS status has been application complete for the past few months. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
  • Love
Just got a pre-December interview invite today! They called me on the phone and didn’t send any email. They had 12/8 & 12/11 available. AADSAS status has been application complete for the past few months. Good luck everyone!
congrats!
would you please share your stats?

Just got a pre-decision day interview invite today! They called me on the phone and didn’t send any email. They had 12/8 & 12/11 available. AADSAS status has been application complete for the past few months. Good luck everyone!
Congrats! Did your status on ADEA change?

Congrats! Did they call you in the morning? California resident? Good Luck!!!

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone know if UCLA does open or closed file interviews? How many interviewers are there, and are they faculty or students?

Hi, does anyone know if UCLA does open or closed file interviews? How many interviewers are there, and are they faculty or students?
closed file, two interviews 35 minutes each with 2 different faculty

Yeah, hoping for an interview. I’m OOS now but graduated HS in CA and lived there from birth until I was 21.
GPA (o/s) - 3.87/3.86 (4.0 in postbacc)
DAT - 26AA, 26TS, 26PAT
Business degree with 3 years work experience before changing careers.
submitted first day and verified early, but haven’t heard anything yet, so who knows
Hi , did you heard anything about interview ?

Hi everyone, I stressed out , tonight I’m going to submit my application In the AASAS, just today I got my documents done , do you think, they would look at my application and before deadline they would send it to UCLA ?
I
Pretty late for UCLA in my opinion, but I guess it also depends on stats and state of residence

Should be open file, 1 interviewer who is a faculty member (you may have 2 interviews one after another - not sure who decides this). Then you have a lunch panel Q&A with current students.

Got the call! 10:50 AM PST

Last edited:
Does anyone know whether they are still making calls/sending emails? We were told in my interview that we would receive a call on the 15th regardless of the committee's decision. I have not heard a thing as of yet. Just wanted to inquire to see if anything has changed since then. Interviewed in Sept. Thanks.

Does anyone know whether they are still making calls/sending emails? We were told in my interview that we would receive a call on the 15th regardless of the committee's decision. I have not heard a thing as of yet. Just wanted to inquire to see if anything has changed since then. Interviewed in Sept. Thanks.

Has your status on AADSAS changed?

If you use gmail they’ve had outages recently. Lots of people on Facebook dental admissions group are having the same issue not getting decision emails. I know UCSF also had issues with AADSAS itself in sending emails. I would check with UCLA admission to see what’s going on....

Has your status on AADSAS changed?

If you use gmail they’ve had outages recently. Lots of people on Facebook dental admissions group are having the same issue not getting decision emails. I know UCSF also had issues with AADSAS itself in sending emails. I would check with UCLA admission to see what’s going on....
AADSAS still says invited for interview...

I do use gmail so perhaps that is it. Called UCLA admissions today, left a message, no call back as of yet. Hopefully we can get more information soon. Thanks for your help!

I called today and talked to admissions. Unfortunately I was placed on waitlist 😔 and now I have no idea what my chances are or how to get off the waitlist and be accepted. I will most likely have to wait until people decline their offers.

• Sad
I called today and talked to admissions. Unfortunately I was placed on waitlist 😔 and now I have no idea what my chances are or how to get off the waitlist and be accepted. I will most likely have to wait until people decline their offers.
Did your status on AADSAS change from invited to interview to offer made?

I called today and I was waitlisted :(
Do waitlisted students ever get off of the waitlist before the deadline (Jan 15th?) Because that’s also the last day I can commit to my second choice school.

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows if the class is full yet?

Do waitlisted students ever get off of the waitlist before the deadline (Jan 15th?) Because that’s also the last day I can commit to my second choice school

Do waitlisted students ever get off of the waitlist before the deadline (Jan 15th?) Because that’s also the last day I can commit to my second choice school.
The smartest thing to do is commit to the school you are offered an acceptance. That is the only guarantee you have, unfortunately waitlisted is not a guarantee. I was told by a D1 at UCLA that it's rare that someone who's on the waitlist gets off of it.

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows if the class is full yet?
I was told UCLA accepts more than the 88 seats available on acceptance day since not everyone takes the seat so it's likely full for now /: