UCLA Secondary 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

byaaaaaaah23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I started getting worried because I still hadn't received a secondary invite from UCLA (submitted 6/5), so I double checked the email that they sent me when they received my AMCAS on July 23. Apparently when I first read the email, I didn't think I could access the secondary, so I assumed I hadn't been invited yet, especially because it says that they will be completing preliminary reviews through December. I thought that meant I could get the secondary at any point until then.

But I just tried again and it's been live the whole time. So I will be about two months late in submitting--- how much is this going to hurt me and should I even bother filling it out at this point? I can't even believe that I misread the email.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure about UCLA, but I know UCSD gave a 2 week deadline to complete the secondary. I think 2 months looks pretty bad - but if I were you I would just call the admissions department and explain that you thought you hadn't received a secondary the whole time and that you're super interested in the school or something like that. I'm just a fellow applicant though, so someone else may have better advice.