UCLA Secondary 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

byaaaaaaah23

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I started getting worried because I still hadn't received a secondary invite from UCLA (submitted 6/5), so I double checked the email that they sent me when they received my AMCAS on July 23. Apparently when I first read the email, I didn't think I could access the secondary, so I assumed I hadn't been invited yet, especially because it says that they will be completing preliminary reviews through December. I thought that meant I could get the secondary at any point until then.

But I just tried again and it's been live the whole time. So I will be about two months late in submitting--- how much is this going to hurt me and should I even bother filling it out at this point? I can't even believe that I misread the email.
 
I'm not sure about UCLA, but I know UCSD gave a 2 week deadline to complete the secondary. I think 2 months looks pretty bad - but if I were you I would just call the admissions department and explain that you thought you hadn't received a secondary the whole time and that you're super interested in the school or something like that. I'm just a fellow applicant though, so someone else may have better advice.