UCLA secondary?

Started by scully
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

scully

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have alot of people received their UCLA secondary already? If so, are any of you taking the August MCAT? I haven't received even an AMCAS confirmation from them yet (I received them from everyone else a long time ago.) Has anyone else heard?

Thanks!
 
Yes, I received a secondary from them about 5 weeks after sending in my primary app. I took the April MCAT though - maybe they do not look at your application until they have received your MCAT score? Good luck!
 
Scully,
If you're taking the August mcat and have indicated this on your AMCAS, I'm pretty sure you will not get a secondary from any of the UC schools which do screen. Unless you have a previous MCAT score that's good enough for them to send you an application, plan on waiting for quite a while.

Best wishes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Scully,

I am writing the August MCAT and I am planning on applying to US Schools (I am Canadian). When is a good time to send my AMCAS application? Is it true that you are at a disadvantage if you write the August MCAT instead of the April one?

Medschool Dreamer
 
medschooldreamer-

I think it is best if you turn in the AMCAS as soon as you can this summer. While it is true that alot of schools won't even look at your file until they have your results (Oct.15), it is still good to have everything else processed before this time.

As for the disadvantage of taking the August MCAT--I think it is real, many schools highly recommend taking the April test. I guess if you only want to apply once it might be better to wait until next year and start earlier, but if you are impatient like me, you can take your chances and hope for the best. Good luck!
 
I have not received any secondaries from CA. schools, but I'm not surprised, because I'm not a resident. The up-side of being pre-screened is that you're not being rolled for $60-$75 just for sending in an application.