UCLA , Will Letter of Intent Help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BjOrKnRaDiOhEaD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone

I just interviewed 2 thrusday agos at ucla, and it is my number one choice, just like everyone else im sure.

But, I wanted to know, do you guys think I should write a letter of intent, and will it help, i sooooooo want to go there.

If i were to write one, what should include, what are the musts and what are the nono's in such a letter.

I dont want it to sound as if im kissing ass, but does anyone have any advice on what to include in my letter?

Thanks a bunch!

noosh:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

did you get a decision back? i think the LOI will have more strength when you find out you are on a WL. but i guess it doesnt hurt to send it before they even review you.

i am trying to work on one. but im just gonna write about why i feel ucla will work out best for me and my family.

If you mean Letter of Intent as in what it really means, then you should write something to the effect of "UCLA's my first choice, I'll withdraw from all the other schools if accepted". If what you really mean is a letter of interest, you can just write something to the effect of "I am writing to express my strong interest in UCLA..."

Whatever you write at the beginning, make sure you back it up with reasons. I'd put the more unique reasons before the more obvious ones (i.e. low tuition, nice location, prestige, etc.)

Yes, writing letters to UCLA does help, or at least it did 2 years ago.