Uconn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Da Alchemist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone here applying @ UCONN? How come their tuition for instate student is only $6900. Also they dont require much gpa. This must be an easy school to get in to. lol

Members don't see this ad.

anyone here applying @ UCONN? How come their tuition for instate student is only $6900. Also they dont require much gpa. This must be an easy school to get in to. lol

Isn't it because they only take their undergrad students?

if you are out-state, you are competing against every single pre-pharm student living in Connecticut. I'm sure if you saw that it is a good deal then they saw it too. but I think UConn requires a lot of prerequisites or something... when I looked it up months ago.. i was pretty sure there was something that made it hard-to-get into school, not sure though

Members don't see this ad :)
Students classified as full-time Connecticut students pay tuition of $6,456 per year;

Students eligible for the New England Regional Student Program pays tuition of $9,744 per year;

Students classified as full-time and out-of-state pays tuition of $19,656 per year.

Tuition charges for the last two years of the professional program in 2006/2007 dollars are as follows:

Students classified as full-time Connecticut students pay tuition of $14,310 per year.

Students eligible for the New England Regional Student Program, pays tuition of $21,438 per year

Students classified as full-time and out-of-state, pays tuition of $30,942 per year.

Isn't it because they only take their undergrad students?

i think u are right. this is what it says on their page

Two years of specific pre-pharmacy courses taken at the University of Connecticut.

All required math, English, and science courses must be completed by May for entry into the professional program in the following September.

Macroeconomics, sociology, and public speaking must be completed before admission into the fall semester. (Public speaking is not applicable to freshmen beginning in the fall 2006 semester.)

A minimum of 64 credits of prerequisite coursework should be completed before beginning the professional program.