UCSD Full Accreditation (Probationary Status)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just discovered that UCSD School of Pharmacy is Fully Accredited with Probation for Standard 14. I looked up Standard 14 on the ACPE website (https://www.acpe-accredit.org/pdf/S2007Guidelines2.0_ChangesIdentifiedInRed.pdf). It's "Curricular Core—Pharmacy Practice Experiences."

Any thoughts or specific explanations regarding the school's probation status?

Members don't see this ad.

what does this mean? can they lose their accreditation?

Sound like they are lacking in amount of 4th year rotations available for students. In saturated areas, schools will sometimes need to pay rotation sites to take students. I am not sure if USD was previously doing this, but they better start now if they weren't before. I doubt they will lose accreditation over this unless the school administration is completely incompetent as this is an easy problem to correct. Overall, this says a lot about the quality of this program.

Members don't see this ad :)
They will fix this no problem and maintain their accreditation status.

Last edited:
Sound like they are lacking in amount of 4th year rotations available for students. In saturated areas, schools will sometimes need to pay rotation sites to take students. I am not sure if USD was previously doing this, but they better start now if they weren't before. I doubt they will lose accreditation over this unless the school administration is completely incompetent as this is an easy problem to correct. Overall, this says a lot about the quality of this program.

Found out through connections that this is not exactly the case - it's a stupid issue that I won't post on here, but it has nothing to do with rotation sites and paying for them. It's regarding an outdated pharmacy requirement still being imposed on schools by ACPE that's very easily remedied. It's stupid, trust me.