UCSD Osteopathic Org. forming. Need Support!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aecuenca

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am forming an osteopathic organization at UCSD and need any support from anyone that can help. The biggest thing that we need is literature, so if anyone has any D.O.-related books they can donate that they are not using anymore, our organization would benefit from your donation.

Any other support would be greatly appreciated. Response at UCSD has been very positive and I would like the first meeting in November to be a very good one. If you think you can help, please email me at [email protected]. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Arnold Cuenca
Western U/Class of 2004
Founder and Advisor for UCSDOMA

Members don't see this ad.

Arnold you will definitely need to get a hold of "The DOs" by Gevitz. If I can dig mine up you can have it.

------------------
Ryan
Western U/COMP Class of 2004
thedigitaldoctor.com

Thanks miglo! That was the one book the officers and I were going to get first. If you're willing to part with it, they would greatly appreciate it.

Let me know if you want to do it.

Thanks!

Arnold
Founder and Adviser of UCSDOMA

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd recommend contacting the STUDENT OSTEOPATHIC MEDICAL ASSOCIATION (SOMA) and the STILL NATIONAL OSTEOPATHIC MUSEUM. Both offer great opportunities for students to learn about osteopathic medicine. And being a member of both looks nice on your application. And SNOM offers discounts to members on books, etc. that pertain to osteopathic history.

Good work and good luck! If I can help at all, e-mail me at [email protected]

ggulick.gif

Thank you Gregory!

I actually contacted SOMA already via email and am waiting for their response. I am going to try and call them directly tomorrow.

If you can tell me who I can contact about SNOM, please let me know.

I really appreciate the help!

Arnold
Adviser and Founder of UCSDOMA

Hey Arnold,
I'll be graduating this year from UCSD, and will be applying to osteopathic schools. I would be very interested in joining an osteopathic organization hear on campus. Please e-mail me more info.

Thanks alot,
Ryan Harshburger
[email protected]

Arnold, visit SNOM's webpage at:

http://www.kcom.edu/museum/

If I were you, I'd contact them and have them mail you information about joining, etc. Then make that information (or at the very least, the phone number/address, etc.) available at your first meeting.

One other thing I might do is contact your state osteopathic organization. Here in Florida I was able to join the Florida Osteopathic Medical Association as a student.

Feel free to e-mail me anytime, Arnold: [email protected]. I'll help out in any way possible.

Best of luck to you.

ggulick.gif

[This message has been edited by Gregory Gulick (edited October 18, 1999).]

Thank you Gregory! I will email you with any questions I might have...thanks for the support!

Arnold
Advisor and Founder of UCSDOMA