UCSD V OUWB (with half tuition scholarship)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

madaboutmedlife

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys!

I'm having a really tough time deciding between these two schools. I am currently undecided on my future specialty. I really loved both schools during interview day.

A disclaimer: I realize that I am super lucky that I have these amazing choices, and I know that this is not an actual problem, I would just appreciate some advice.

OUWB

PROS:
+ Half tuition scholarship
+ Close to home (would not have to move)
+ I have been employed by Beaumont and really love the environment there
+ Family is close, and I would have a lot of support

CONS:
- Unranked
- Relatively new school

UCSD

PROS:
+ Amazing weather
+ New environment
+ Well-ranked medical school, established

CONS:
- Very expensive
- I would have to move