UCSF 3 eLOR Requirement?!??! Whaa...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shikamaru

Vie for PharmD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Source:
UCSF Supplemental Form E
(http://pharmacy.ucsf.edu/pharmd/admissions/steps/2/supp/form/e.pdf):

Section E9.
"I understand that my application will be considered incomplete and will be canceled if:

1. I do not submit all required recommendations through PharmCAS eLOR service,..."

^ ?????!!!?!!..... What is the deal with that??? My professor submitted a paper LOR... :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I think they mean letter of recommendations to PharmCAS - it doesn't necessarily have to be a paper LOR but all three must be sent to PharmCAS - not the school itself

I think they mean letter of recommendations to PharmCAS - it doesn't necessarily have to be a paper LOR but all three must be sent to PharmCAS - not the school itself

That is exactly what I was thinking! I think by eLOR they just mean that you do it through PharmCAS. Why would PharmCAS accept paper recommendation letters if they weren't valid by other schools? Also, if you have any doubt just call UCSF and check with them. Its still not too late to correct that, if it is the case (hopefully it isn't).