UCSF School of Pharmacy Class of 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

berk510

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Has anyone else applied to UCSF for this cohort? I’m still waiting on interview invite notification! Hoping to hear back next week whether I’m invited or not.

Lets support each other here!

Good luck! 🤞

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I just got my interview invitation today for 21 and 26 Jan

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I just got my interview invitation today for 21 and 26 Jan
Ah, I'm so excited for you!! Congratulations!!!

I haven't gotten a response yet. I'm SO nervous. Are you in California?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting UCSF statistics I came across: Graduation Rate and Graduate Performance
No doubt UCSF is one of the better schools in the country, yet graduates are 3 times less likely to find jobs compared to ten years ago. Nowadays pharmacy graduates are over 4 times more likely to have no plans after graduation compared to 10 years ago. Speaks volume about the state of this profession, but I wonder what admissions' take on this is?

Last edited:
Hi, I think you posted in the wrong thread. This is a supportive environment.
Then let's support one another by trying to make sense of these statistics :)

Hi!

UPDATE: got an interview invite- around 5:15pm! :biglove:

Ah, I'm so excited for you!! Congratulations!!!

I haven't gotten a response yet. I'm SO nervous. Are you in California?
I am in California but not a resident or citizen. Congratulations on getting an interview!! I’m super nervous too but we’re gonna do great!

Interesting UCSF statistics I came across: Graduation Rate and Graduate Performance
No doubt UCSF is one of the better schools in the country, yet graduates are 3 times less likely to find jobs compared to ten years ago. Nowadays pharmacy graduates are over 4 times more likely to have no plans after graduation compared to 10 years ago. Speaks volume about the state of this profession, but I wonder what admissions' take on this is?
It looks like you’ve been a member here for more than 10 years, and speaking about the profession from the perspective of “10 years ago”, so I’m going to assume you’ve been a pharmacist for at least half a decade and have watched the field change. Thank you for sharing your experience and warning us about the obstacles ahead. At risk of sounding like I’ve drank the koolaid, I’ll explain why none of this scares me as much as you think it should.

1. The class size is approximately 100 students, this means that 1% is one student. So when you say “3 times” in an effort to scare all of us, that’s a difference of less than 10 graduates.

2. “To be determined” can include people who just did not respond to the survey. Do we know if UCSF follows up with the graduate class to update the “to be determined” category? For all we know, it could be 0% now. Or maybe they’re still unemployed but we don’t know why, it could have nothing to do with the “state of the profession”. And before you say you know it’s because of the state of the profession, you actually don’t know for sure unless you reached out to them personally.

3. The fact that about 90% of UCSF graduates do find employment every year is definitive proof that there are jobs. Those odds don’t sound too bad either. Many of us have beat much lower ones to even get into college.

I don’t want to discount your experience in the field either, because obviously I haven’t even grazed the surface. But every saturated field has this issue. If you can’t make yourself
irreplaceable then… you’re replaceable. It’s obvious you’re trying to scare people out of the profession because things aren’t like they were “10 years ago”, sorry to break it to you but pretty much nothing is as it was 10 years ago.

I am in California but not a resident or citizen. Congratulations on getting an interview!! I’m super nervous too but we’re gonna do great!

Completed the interview yesterday, it went well- I did have some moments though where I wish I could go back in time to fix (lol). Anyway, good luck! You got this! :horns:

Completed the interview yesterday, it went well- I did have some moments though where I wish I could go back in time to fix (lol). Anyway, good luck! You got this! :horns:
My interview is on 26 Jan 😯 didn’t realize they started it so early. I’m glad yours went well! Hoping for good news for both of us 🙏🏻🙏🏻

My interview is on 26 Jan 😯 didn’t realize they started it so early. I’m glad yours went well! Hoping for good news for both of us 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Good luck! Let me know how it goes-- see you on the other side!

has anyone heard back yet? The wait is brutaaaaal.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are people still applying to pharmacy school? Man, if I had it to do over again, I would choose ANYTHING but pharmacy...

Just checked your recent activity: you are really passionate about bringing students down. Who hurt you?+pity+

Haven't heard back yet. I'm feeling so anxious 😫
I'm assuming it'll be the 24th because that's what was last years release date. Same here! I'm constantly refreshing my e-mail D:

Is anyone declining their spot? I am on the waitlist and this is my top choice

Is anyone declining their spot? I am on the waitlist and this is my top choice
What # are you on the waitlist? I believe that financial aid results come out around April so there might be people withdrawing around that time.

Alumni of ucsf here - I wanted to know if ucsf still ask the human condition question as one of its personal statement? I had a hard time being able to find the personal statement questions for the application process.

It looks like you’ve been a member here for more than 10 years, and speaking about the profession from the perspective of “10 years ago”, so I’m going to assume you’ve been a pharmacist for at least half a decade and have watched the field change. Thank you for sharing your experience and warning us about the obstacles ahead. At risk of sounding like I’ve drank the koolaid, I’ll explain why none of this scares me as much as you think it should.

1. The class size is approximately 100 students, this means that 1% is one student. So when you say “3 times” in an effort to scare all of us, that’s a difference of less than 10 graduates.

2. “To be determined” can include people who just did not respond to the survey. Do we know if UCSF follows up with the graduate class to update the “to be determined” category? For all we know, it could be 0% now. Or maybe they’re still unemployed but we don’t know why, it could have nothing to do with the “state of the profession”. And before you say you know it’s because of the state of the profession, you actually don’t know for sure unless you reached out to them personally.

3. The fact that about 90% of UCSF graduates do find employment every year is definitive proof that there are jobs. Those odds don’t sound too bad either. Many of us have beat much lower ones to even get into college.

I don’t want to discount your experience in the field either, because obviously I haven’t even grazed the surface. But every saturated field has this issue. If you can’t make yourself
irreplaceable then… you’re replaceable. It’s obvious you’re trying to scare people out of the profession because things aren’t like they were “10 years ago”, sorry to break it to you but pretty much nothing is as it was 10 years ago.
He was being modest, and your response is 100% the state of mind the schools want you in so they can hook you for 150-200k, young, gullible and ignorant. No one is trying to scare you, they are providing facts, what should however scare you is that everything is out there for you to verify and you still choose not to believe it and are unable to make adult risk/reward decisions.

“Every saturated field has this..”. But not every “saturated” field is the worst projected of any profession and worst ranked in healthcare, is it? Do you know new grad rates are 45-50/hr (75-80k) based on extensive salary datasheets (do you even know what that is or how to reference it?), for 6-10 years of schooling and 150-200k debt? There is absolutey 0 ROI, which i am not sure you understand, and that’s now, not when you graduate. Every single year, thousands of students like you think they are smarter than the system and can beat the state of pharmacy, you are not and you cannot, you are number in a pool of 15,000 each year that can do the same exact job as you but you won’t understand this until you graduate or are half way through. 80% end up in retail, where you will likely end up, 1% are in Industry (~200 PharmDs in 2021), which is out of scope for students. HRSA has 60,000 oversupply in the next decade, again the worst ranked profession in existence and worst ranked in healthcare. That’s after the mythical/BS provider status and positions the schools are claiming are opening. BLS has similar predictions, and both are extremely modest (it’s much worse).

You’re right, nothing was as is 10 years ago, the golden age of pharmacy, but was is true is that the predictions made by the reputable sources out there with near perfect track records have come true. If pharmacy school was free today it would still have 0 ROI due to the opportunity cost.

Sorry, but, you do sound like you’re drinking the cool aid, and you seem cocky about it too. Come back in a few years when you’ve gotten some life experience and realize the school is bending you over in every possible way. I’m assuming you ate up the provider status and the BS roles they’re feeding you about, which are not only non existent but schools are being sued for these lies.

Edit: Why are you still making these cringy threads (no offense), do you not know anyone is getting in Pharmacy school? The standards are non existent and the acceptance rates 90%+, if you secure a loan/tuition, you’re in. You seriously need to try hard and go out of your way to not be accepted. 2.0s with no Bachelors, no PCAT, no intern hours, nothing, are getting in.

Last edited:
Got my acceptance today at 1pm! Woohoo! :soexcited:
Do you mind sharing your stats, I am really nervous about my gpa, I currently have a 3.2 but upon graduation I hope to have around a 3.3. Will that be good enough for this school and ucsd or California pharmacy schools.