UCSF Acceptance 2005!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ckvk said:
Congrats pv25
iam accepted too :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats Manik and Aaram

ckvk

Congrats Everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all of you on your acceptance to UCSF. I was wondering, is UCSF still sending out interview call letters or this is it?
Regards-- :)

dentistjas said:
Congrats to all of you on your acceptance to UCSF. I was wondering, is UCSF still sending out interview call letters or this is it?
hi ,
I got selected too.......
Congrats to all those who got selected.

sangmitr

HI

Congrats to everyone. Enjoy your moment. Party hard. Don't stress about what you have to do once you start and all that. It will all fall into place.

Oh yes, please add your info in the Acceptance Thread 2008/2009.

Thanks

Cheers

dentistjas said:
I dont think they have another interview for the program starting 2006.its only an one time deal every year!!

Thanks pv25,yasi,desi dentist,Manik khisti,g3k,dentistjas,sangmitr n BDS DMD.
Party time for you too Manik :)

I got acceptance email. I am so happy! Congradulations to all those who also received the email! See you guys in UCSF!

Heartiest Congratulations to all those accepted!
dentistcs

Hey Goal..
CONGRATS on your acceptance to all the 3 CA schools.. :thumbup:
UOP/ USC/ UCSF!!..
Good Luck :luck:
ta

Goal said:
Let me be the first one to say .......I am accepted at UCSF!!! :)

Hi, guys, I have a question, why the email say it is "Provisional Acceptance Letter", is it changeable? Any comment?

Toothavenue said:
Hey Goal..
CONGRATS on your acceptance to all the 3 CA schools.. :thumbup:
UOP/ USC/ UCSF!!..
Good Luck :luck:
ta

Thank you toothavenue.
SDN is a great place to be in and we all are lucky to have found it.
Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
After a long torturous waiting, I got accepted into UCSF, UOP and UIC.
I want to go to UCSF. However, I saw some people chose UOP. Could anyone give me any idea about these two school? and why people like UOP?
thanks!

Goal said:
Thank you toothavenue.
SDN is a great place to be at and we all are lucky to have found this.
Good luck to you.

dentisttim said:
I want to go to UCSF. However, I saw some people chose UOP. Could anyone give me any idea about these two school? and why people like UOP?
thanks!

congrats!And they are all good schools,too. :thumbup: :)

You might want to look at the earlier posts on this thread that compares and contrasts UCSF w/ UOP. :)

dentisttim said:
thanks!

Congratulations...

Hi all,
congrats to all who got in :) :thumbup:
i got into UCSF tooo. :) ...Sorry for dropping in late.
good luck, bye.

dentisttim said:
thanks!
congrats :luck:
I think both schools are good but if i was chosen by both school,i chose ucsf as i want to go for postgraduate :luck:

Congratulations to all who got in...

congrats everybody!!
i think people chose uop over ucsf bcoz of its better clincs and better facilities and more over gradautes from uop are certified for invisalign ortho thing. as they say, if u wanna be rich dentist go to uop. thts my opinion.
congrats again.

dentisttim said:
thanks!

Congratulations dentisttim on getting admitted to three great programs!!
You won't go too wrong with any of them.

Many people choose UCSF over UOP for two reasons:

1) UCSF has a great reputation all over the United States and
is regarded as one of the top programs in the country. UOP is
less well known even in northern California. Ask the average
dental patient and most will not have even heard of UOP.
UCSF also has a fantastic medical school which increases
the prestige of UCSF.

2) UCSF gives you an advantage if you think you might have an
interest in specializing later. Many schools reserve about half
of their specialty positions for their own graduates. You will have
an opportunity to get to know the professors on the specialty
admission committees and greatly increase your chances of getting
accepted. UOP does not have much in terms of specialties, so you
would have to go elsewhere for a specialty.

Both school have fine programs, especially if you are sure that a
specialty is not for you.

I got accepted into USC, UOP and UCSF too, but I think I'm gonna choose UCSF. All the schools are really goos, but for some reason UCSF is my dream school from day 1. Thanks dent doc for the information, you confirmed my decision! :idea:

It's great to be here to know all my future classmates! I look forward to meeting you all! :love:

tigger01 said:
I got accepted into USC, UOP and UCSF too, but I think I'm gonna choose UCSF. All the schools are really goos, but for some reason UCSF is my dream school from day 1. Thanks dent doc for the information, you confirmed my decision! :idea:

It's great to be here to know all my future classmates! I look forward to meeting you all! :love:

congrats tiger01 :luck:

Congratulations to all those who made it to the acceptance list! Enjoy your success .....

hi ,

I am also accepted at UCSF.......Its really nice to see all of our batchmates here.....Please feel free to contact me at my e-mail at [email protected] I am looking forward to talk with you all pesonally on phone, so that we can know each other better. I am new to San Francisco and wish someone of our batchmate can give me some information about this big city.

thanks

Hi Friends
Heartiest Congratulations to all who have been accepted.
Here''s a request to all those with who are deservingly blessed with multiple admissions.Please, please decide on your choice as soon as possible and convey your refusal to the other schools soon So that those who r anxiously waiting in hope to be taken up from the alternate list get their chance to join your gang.
I am on the alternate list of UOP.
Anybody heard anything about being on the alternate list of UCSF?
Thanks

thanks for your information. I have made up my mind to join UCSF and I am going to inform the other two schools. I hope this will help those guys who are waiting for UOP and UIC. All the best!

dent_doc said:
Congratulations dentisttim on getting admitted to three great programs!!
You won't go too wrong with any of them.

Many people choose UCSF over UOP for two reasons:

the prestige of UCSF.

2) UCSF gives you an advantage if you think you might have an
interest in specializing later. Many schools reserve about half
of their specialty positions for their own graduates. You will have
an opportunity to get to know the professors on the specialty
admission committees and greatly increase your chances of getting
accepted. UOP does not have much in terms of specialties, so you
would have to go elsewhere for a specialty.

Both school have fine programs, especially if you are sure that a
specialty is not for you.

I'm on the alternate list at UCSF.
This is what was told to me:
All those who have received acceptances have till the first week of January to make their decision. In the mean time all those who are on the alternate list will receive a card asking them if they were still interested in continuing with the admission process. You have to mail the cards back to them.
Based on the number of vacancies available students who sent the reply cards will be contacted in the order in which they stand in the waiting list.
Anybody else sailing in the same boat as me?

dentistcs

idudette said:
Hi Friends
Heartiest Congratulations to all who have been accepted.
Here''s a request to all those with who are deservingly blessed with multiple admissions.Please, please decide on your choice as soon as possible and convey your refusal to the other schools soon So that those who r anxiously waiting in hope to be taken up from the alternate list get their chance to join your gang.
I am on the alternate list of UOP.
Anybody heard anything about being on the alternate list of UCSF?
Thanks

hi!
i am on the alternate list too.....so that makes two of us at the moment .....good luck and lets hope that some spots do open up....

On the Alternate list, but way down....so goodbye UCSF.

Same with me. I seem to always end up on the waiting list. Seems like NYU is my last hope. Congrats :thumbup: to all those who have made it in!

rahmed said:
On the Alternate list, but way down....so goodbye UCSF.

dentistcs said:
I'm on the alternate list at UCSF.
This is what was told to me:
All those who have received acceptances have till the first week of January to make their decision. In the mean time all those who are on the alternate list will receive a card asking them if they were still interested in continuing with the admission process. You have to mail the cards back to them.
Based on the number of vacancies available students who sent the reply cards will be contacted in the order in which they stand in the waiting list.
Anybody else sailing in the same boat as me?

dentistcs

Thanks dentistcs I called them up too and I too seem to be on their alternate list.So all the best to all u r waitin in hope.
Hope it does work out for some of us

Just wondering if anyone from those accepted at UCSF decided to go with another school instead UCSF? Seems highly unlikely.... just wishful thinking for those of us on the alternate list...
dentistcs

"Many people choose UCSF over UOP for two reasons:

the prestige of UCSF."

Frankly, the reasoning like this makes me laugh.
The AVERAGE patient does not care from what school you graduated. Unless you work in a very upscale and snobbish area. Then, maybe, the school name would matter. Otherwise, all that matters is how good is the work you do.

Hi idudette,
Just wondering if you or anyone else in the forum knew how many people were there on the alternate list at UCSF and the ratio of the number of students in the high priority alternate list to those in the medium priority alternate list?

Thanks
dentistcs

QUOTE=idudette]Thanks dentistcs I called them up too and I too seem to be on their alternate list.So all the best to all u r waitin in hope.
Hope it does work out for some of us[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know how much deposit is required to be paid at UCSF and by which date?

Thanks.

Best,

hi guys,
ther r 3 alternate lists.high(13 students); medium(8 students)and low(13students).
its the ucsf medical school tht is very reputed and all related to research. dental schools in usa have no ranking list neither for regular dds nor for international programs.
all schools ahve +ve & -ve issues.other thaan tht u shd look for
-school near ur home
-money$$-big issue
-if intersted in speciality-go for school where u want to be in for speciality;it 'll increases ur chances;get good recommendation letters.

moreover ucsf have pass/no pass system and dont give gpa.i think by some sysytem u can convert ur results from ucsf into gpa. but its better to have gpa on ur transcript rather converting it and telling every school u 'll apply for speciality. pass/no pass seems easy thing , but acc to students its more stressful bcoz u need 70% to pass.
i got accepted in ucsf,usc,ucla &bu.i will keep u posted with more if i get any info abt any of these schools.
good luck!!!

asr13 said:
hi guys,
ther r 3 alternate lists.high(13 students); medium(8 students)and low(13students).
its the ucsf medical school tht is very reputed and all related to research. dental schools in usa have no ranking list neither for regular dds nor for international programs.
-school near ur home
-money$$-big issue
-if intersted in speciality-go for school where u want to be in for speciality;it 'll increases ur chances;get good recommendation letters.

moreover ucsf have pass/no pass system and dont give gpa.i think by some sysytem u can convert ur results from ucsf into gpa. but its better to have gpa on ur transcript rather converting it and telling every school u 'll apply for speciality. pass/no pass seems easy thing , but acc to students its more stressful bcoz u need 70% to pass.
i got accepted in ucsf,usc,ucla &bu.i will keep u posted with more if i get any info abt any of these schools.
good luck!!!
one has to get a degree thats all is what is important and one has to learn what is being taught. i think then things will come in place automatically.even in India for postgraduation it is pass no pass system.and i am sure there must be sure way to convert your performance into GPA.US education system has solution to every problem

asr13 said:
hi guys,
-school near ur home
-money$$-big issue

good luck!!!

asr13,
You mentioned all school where you got acceptance. But what is your first choice? Confirm that position as soon as possible, so wait listed people have some idea for their admission. And this is my request to all guys who got acceptance from more than 1 school, put their selected school on this.
KHUS

dentistcs said:
Hi idudette,
Just wondering if you or anyone else in the forum knew how many people were there on the alternate list at UCSF and the ratio of the number of students in the high priority alternate list to those in the medium priority alternate list?

Thanks
dentistcs

Sorry I have no idea.
If I have to believe what they told me I am in the first list.

I am in the medium alternate list and my number is 21. I don't have any hope of getting admission. Congratulations to all the students who got admission and best of luck for the students who are in the alternate list.

Good Luck to all ..having got an acceptance
.UCSF is an excellent school!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
best
tzz

gamecock1 said:
I am in the medium alternate list and my number is 21. I don't have any hope of getting admission. Congratulations to all the students who got admission and best of luck for the students who are in the alternate list.

Didn't realise people were so hotly posting their run-rate here....

BTW, I am accepted at UCSF & BU..........and am I glad.....yippee....yippee.... :D

For all you folks on UCSF alternate list, here is one vacancy...I am going to BU...

I'd be nuts to study in CA...damn! are these schools expensive......much rather save 50K in expenses over 2 yrs....plus I like the snow....more skiing........yohoooo.......its not as if the name of a school matters helluva lot....how does a patient give 2 hoots as long as you do your job well.......
so BU it is for me.......
anyone else going to BU?

I am outta here..........goodluck everyone!!!!!!!!!!

hi,
i am opting out of ucsf too!! good luck to all of u!!

asr13 said:
hi,
i am opting out of ucsf too!! good luck to all of u!!

asr13,
CONGRATES...FOR ACCEPTANCES FROM 4 UNIVERSITIES.
You are opting out of ucsf!! But what about UCLA, USC, BU..From your message, it seems like you would like to join BU. If you do not mind, put your choice of school name from out of three!!!!
Thank you,
KHUS