UCSF Application 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I got my acceptance mail today!! 😍 This was my second time applying (last year i waitlisted). Mine was written on 03/24 and post marked 03/31. Interview dates was Thursday sometime in the early february.


I thought this mail would never come. my sister and both my parents hates me already for always making them check the mailbox three times a day.
 
OMG CONGRADULATIONS!!!😀 we were just talking about our situations but hopefully I get into my school that I want to get into

I got my acceptance mail today!! 😍 This was my second time applying (last year i waitlisted). Mine was written on 03/24 and post marked 03/31. Interview dates was Thursday sometime in the early february.


I thought this mail would never come. my sister and both my parents hates me already for always making them check the mailbox three times a day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my acceptance mail today!! 😍 This was my second time applying (last year i waitlisted). Mine was written on 03/24 and post marked 03/31. Interview dates was Thursday sometime in the early february.


I thought this mail would never come. my sister and both my parents hates me already for always making them check the mailbox three times a day.

Oh Congrats! Where was the mail sent to?
 
It finally came and I got in!! So I will be 95% sure declining UOP (and UCSD) for those from other threads interested. Anyone from SF??
 
Arrrrrgh! Still waiting in Los Angeles!

But congrats to everyone else who got accepted! 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It finally came and I got in!! So I will be 95% sure declining UOP (and UCSD) for those from other threads interested. Anyone from SF??

Yeah I live in Hayes Valley, how bout you? I really want to organize a BBQ/picnic in Golden Gate Park in the summer around the time that everyone gets settled in SF, but we should totally get together before then!!
 
:banana: I got in!!! (I've always wanted to use the dancing banana face)

my letter was postmarked March 30th and then I received it this afternoon. Well my mom did while I was sitting on a plane coming back from UW.
 
It finally came and I got in!! So I will be 95% sure declining UOP (and UCSD) for those from other threads interested. Anyone from SF??

First congrats on you acceptance into UCSF!! 😀 and thank you because i'm hoping to get into UOP
 
Skillz, I second the idea of having a bbq for people who're already around the area before people settle in. i'm anxious to meet all you guys already!🙂
 
I haven't received anything yet (I'm from California). What could that mean?

Edit:

I just read Joel's new post.

"Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success."
-Brian Adams


​
I guess that answers my question.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yea!! I'm in SF, I'd like to meet up!!

Congrats to everyone!!! I got my acceptance on Thursday, and was so thrilled. 🙂 (ugh, that seems like such an understatement)

I'm in SF and would like to meet up with y'all too. Can't wait to meet the UCSF School of Pharmacy Class of 2014!
 
I got in!!!! Omg, I couldn't believe it! I was expecting mail on Monday because I live on the east coast. I was so sure I was going to get waitlisted or rejected because my interview went pretty badly! Ahhh! Now I gotta debate between UCSF and UMD.... O_O Talk about a tough choice!!
 
Waitlisted. Don't know what date it was postmarked b/c I'm not home. Hopefully I'm in a pretty high spot...
 
Where in CA are you? I'm in LA and just got mine today. I guess if you're further south (SD?) you should hear by Monday?
 
Has anyone recieved any paperwork from UCSF other than acceptance/rejections/waitlist??😕
just curious, especially for those admitted..... 😀
 
I have never posted anything on here, but i have been faithfully looking through the posts since march 1st. Like many i have stalked my mail man, driving home for lunch at 12.15pm to be there when the mail truck arrives.GlAD TO ANNOUNCE ..I AM GOING TO SAN FRANCISCO!!! got my letter in the mail today, my Husband opened it and was like ok you, i guess we going to massachusettes, and then was like hello CALIFORNIA..AM SO HAPPY. Congrats to everyone who got ACCEPTED and good luck:luck: to those on the waitlist, NEVER LOSE HOPE!



UCSF (interview 2/6) accepted (post marked 3/29):laugh:🙂:luck:
MCPHS (interviw 2/8) accepted (2/12)🙂
pacific university (1/23) waitlisted 😕 withdrew :laugh:
purdue (denied interview)😛
SIUE ( withdrew from interview 3-12)
USC ( applied, never heard anything, emailed and was told no International students accepted)😡
 
I got in!!!! Omg, I couldn't believe it! I was expecting mail on Monday because I live on the east coast. I was so sure I was going to get waitlisted or rejected because my interview went pretty badly! Ahhh! Now I gotta debate between UCSF and UMD.... O_O Talk about a tough choice!!


Go to UCSF, you will love SF. I lived there for a year and loved it, it's expensive but you will have fun trust me. I live in Northern VA now and I always tell my mom I want to go back to SF, lol.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Kool...I also sent my deposit and they have already deposited my check...at least according to my online banking they did....and I called to see if they had received my california residency pprwrk and they said no, so I mailed it out again on friday.... =)
 
Did they cash your check or acknowledge your deposit yet?

My check was cashed within 5 days, and I assume they received my residence paperwork, as it was mailed the same day. That was in mid-March, and I haven't heard anything since... Someone else said mid-April, so hopefully soon?