UCSF Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DREDAY said:
Well I am in brazil right now and dont return to cali till the 14th. then i need to go to sf that same day to try to buy my bed, desk, and all that ish and have everything ready by the weekend. I have bedroom C, do you think a qeen size bed and a large desk, and a dresser would fit in there, or should i opt for a FULL instead. Im in a 4 bedroom apt also, and i think its in the 3rd floor, but im not sure what building. I am wandering what my roomates and I are gonna do about furnishing the place.

Wow Brazil...that's awesome! If you live in the West building then I can tell you for sure a queen size bed is not going to fit. A full size is already crowding as it is. I think you can find out what building you're in by looking at your address. If it's 1505 4th St then you're in the West. If it's 525 UCSF Lane (notice this is a new street than the proposed 13th street before) then you're in the North building. I don't know about the South though....sorry.

if you're supposed to be in the North building then more than likely you will be re-located to either the South or the West building temporarily until construction is done for the North building.

If you need to buy furniture...best place I'd say to go to is IKEA. If you're driving to SF, I can tell you the directions to get to IKEA since it is only 15 min away from Mission Bay Housing but you'd have to cross the Bay Bridge.

Also, be aware of your mail since the financial aid office recently sent a new/updated Offer letter that may or may not require you to sign a MPN for the Health Professional Loan.

I'll be back in the bay area in the afternoon of the 18th so if you need any help feel free to email me. Hope to see you and everyone soon !

Red

Members don't see this ad.

What is everyone wearing to orientation? Khakis and button down, jeans and tshirt....?

yeah I had the same question. I have no idea what to wear to orientation.

Members don't see this ad :)
and bring a backpack? Ah nuts...

I hope we dont have to wear khakis!! I was hoping Jeans and a button down would be fine. Are any of you all here in town? Better yet are you staying at Mission Bay?