UCSF Letter of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PDizzle

PreDents.com
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, here's the problem. UCSF wrote me a letter saying that one of my LoR's didn't qualify as a science course. The letter was written from my instructor in a plant biology course that required a full year of undergrad biology and strongly recommended an uper division genetics course. Believe me, you needed genetics cuz I didn't have that course yet and the class was super tough.

My instructor is a complete stud at UC Berkeley. He has been published hundreds of times. He was inducted in the National Acadamy of Sciences and even has a building named after him on campus! For those who have taken plant biology at Berkeley, you prob know him, Dr. Brian Staskawicz.

What the hell does UCSF want? How is that not a science course? I would tell all this to someone at UCSF if I could just contact and talk to a real person.

Has anyone had a similar experience? If so, who did you call?

Members don't see this ad.

Sadly I have had the same experience with the school.... their administration sucks, I would say keep trying to contact the admissions someone will pick up the phone eventually. Good luck.

OK, this is now borderline insane!!

I just got an interview at UCSF!! LOL. According the the letter I got and my ap status on WebTools, my ap is incomplete and yet I just got an interview. There is something deep inside that believes I was granted an interview by mistake and if that's the case I will be so depressed!

As good as UCSF is (an by far my #1 pick) they need to get thier AdCom process all in one sock.

Members don't see this ad :)
PDizzle said:
OK, this is now borderline insane!!

I just got an interview at UCSF!! LOL. According the the letter I got and my ap status on WebTools, my ap is incomplete and yet I just got an interview. There is something deep inside that believes I was granted an interview by mistake and if that's the case I will be so depressed!

As good as UCSF is (an by far my #1 pick) they need to get thier AdCom process all in one sock.

Congrats! My application status was incomplete even after my UCSF interview. :laugh: I also love UCSF.

dat_student said:
Congrats! My application status was incomplete even after my UCSF interview. :laugh: I also love UCSF.

Wow, that makes me feel better. Got any advice on the interview?