UCSF: Malignancy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ecoastcaligirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard different reports about UCSF and malignancy - most notably that the residents must be over the 80 hr work week given hours, the interns are scutted out and rarely operate, the attendings are not approachable and tend to have an antagonistic relationship with the residents, and that while there are abundant research opportunities the residents dont really get time to explore them. Anyone have any personal experiences that can support or refute these claims? It's hard to sift through whats real and what isn't!

Members don't see this ad.

While on the trail, I had heard that too. It makes me sad, since I had high hopes for the program.

I've heard different reports about UCSF and malignancy - most notably that the residents must be over the 80 hr work week given hours, the interns are scutted out and rarely operate, the attendings are not approachable and tend to have an antagonistic relationship with the residents, and that while there are abundant research opportunities the residents dont really get time to explore them. Anyone have any personal experiences that can support or refute these claims? It's hard to sift through whats real and what isn't!