Rejected today

School: UCSF
Notification date: 10/1
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS (UCLA)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.9, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading any section below a 17): 28/30/22/27, no

I am pretty devastated because this was my top choice school and I have been working really hard my entire academic career for the opportunity to possibly attend here. I have good stats as well as good extracurriculars (lots of volunteer work at UCLA dental school). I also come from a disadvantaged background (grew up in poverty and foster care). I really want to know how they make these decisions.
maybe personal statement?

Members don't see this ad.

wow😮 this is crazy! i have no idea what they’re looking for. maybe they assumed you would go to ucla, i would email them back and ask why they rejected you and maybe if they would reconsider your app. you deserve better, good things will come your way dont worry!
Thank you. I emailed earlier, hopefully they at least give me the reason why.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
maybe personal statement?
I had a lot of people look over my personal statement and the consensus was that it was good, with one professor saying it was one of the best she had seen. It may have not be that amazing, but it certainly isn't an application killer. One thing I was lacking was research experience. I only did research for a semester so maybe since its a research intensive school they really look at that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a lot of people look over my personal statement and the consensus was that it was good, with one professor saying it was one of the best she had seen. It may have not be that amazing, but it certainly isn't an application killer. One thing I was lacking was research experience. I only did research for a semester so maybe since its a research intensive school they really look at that.
Hmm yeah that’s weird then. I only had one quarter too because of Covid. I guess it was luck of the draw

Rejected today

I am pretty devastated because this was my top choice school and I have been working really hard my entire academic career for the opportunity to possibly attend here. I have good stats as well as good extracurriculars (lots of volunteer work at UCLA dental school). I also come from a disadvantaged background (grew up in poverty and foster care). I really want to know how they make these decisions.
Atleast you will get into UCLA.

why did they drastically reduce the number of seats this year? was it because of the lack of funding due to covid??

Rejected today

I feel you. I also got rejected last Friday and have good stats. It just does not make sense to get rejected this early in the cycle I guess

why did they drastically reduce the number of seats this year? was it because of the lack of funding due to covid??
No, I think it's because they want to provide a better clinical experience for students.

Reactions: 1 users
No, I think it's because they want to provide a better clinical experience for students.
yes^ and the class reduction began last year, with the current D1s class of 2025. We had no idea they reduced the class size until after acceptances were released

This is the same answer I got from current students when I asked about the change at an information session. They thought it was a great idea.

Also got a rejection from UCSF, but it is still early for other schools so for everyone out there, keep your heads up high :)

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got a rejection from UCSF, but it is still early for other schools so for everyone out there, keep your heads up high :)

When was your application complete? Best of luck for your other schools!

Just got rejected today, app was verified on Aug. 26th - ish. Good luck to the rest of you!!

Did anyone else who interviewed have their status change back to Received/Under Review after the interview?

yes that happened to me too.

btw, does anyone know the odds of acceptance after the interview?

Their website says they interview around 200 each year and their class size is now 60. I believe there were 7 pre December interviews with about 24 slots each day. Probably easier to get an acceptance from those vs someone who interviews in January but I would estimate it’s still less than a 33% chance acceptance

For those who applied late and wondering when you'll hear back, I submitted mine mid-September (got completed late september) and got an interview invitation yesterday. Don't lose hope yet!
FYI: Only post-December dates left now.

Did anyone else who interviewed have their status change back to Received/Under Review after the interview?
Yes, I just interviewed last week and my status changed back to received/under review today.

For those who applied late and wondering when you'll hear back, I submitted mine mid-September (got completed late september) and got an interview invitation yesterday. Don't lose hope yet!
FYI: Only post-December dates left now.
Congratulations…Would you mind to share your stats? Thank you

Are they still calling? Or are they done for the day….

Still haven't heard anything :( It's almost 12pm PST.

Got the "no decision has been made on your application and you are still under consideration" email at 12:14 PM PST.

Accepted at 9:34 AM PST
Just came across this thread!! I got a call at around 9:00am as well and was so thrilled!!! So proud of y'all!!! I've received several follow up emails throughout today as well!

I stopped receiving UCSF alerts a few days after my interview. Does that mean I'm rejected?

Just got waitlisted and interviewed January. Does anyone know how fast the waitlist moves and what are my chances of getting off it?

Interviewed in November, waitlisted today.

Is there a Facebook group for class of 2026? Or like group me?

Any updates on if their class is full or not? Or any movement from the waitlist?

My friend just got accepted off the waitlist. Looks like there is still movement

Just received an email from them saying all the positions of the in coming class have been filled and there are about 45 applicants on the wait list. Hoping there is still movement in the months to come 🥹🤞🏼🤞🏼