UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard when the in-person visit days are going to be for those selected for an interview? I'm trying to plan out my schedule but I have not received any info regarding it.

Has anyone heard when the in-person visit days are going to be for those selected for an interview? I'm trying to plan out my schedule but I have not received any info regarding it.
If I remember right from the webinar, they said they’re planning 2 in October, 1 in November, 1 in January. They also said they’d take place on Fridays too. Nothing confirmed or solid yet though!

Interview #5
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: 7/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.41, 3.46
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/26/21/No
Method of interview: Kira

If I remember right from the webinar, they said they’re planning 2 in October, 1 in November, 1 in January. They also said they’d take place on Fridays too. Nothing confirmed or solid yet though!
Thank you! I'll keep an eye out then for any updates :)

Interview #5
School: UCSF
Notification date: 9/22
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12
Application complete date: 7/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.41, 3.46
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/26/21/No
Method of interview: Kira
Congrats on the interview! When'd your application go from under review to complete on AADSAS, if it did?

Congrats on the interview! When'd your application go from under review to complete on AADSAS, if it did?
Thank you! My application was complete on 8/12 according to the email they sent me, but was "Received/under review" basically since then until I got my interview invite.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got rejected. 28 DAT , GPA 4.0 . Out of state.

Rejected today, in state, stats on par with their average, solid amount of leadership experiences and extracurriculars. Applied end of July.

Last edited:
I wonder to what degree being a male puts us at a disadvantage being that the current D1 class is 70% female.

I wonder to what degree being a male puts us at a disadvantage being that the current D1 class is 70% female.

From my experience, the 2/3 of dental applicants are female, so the stats makes sense.

Reactions: 1 users
From my experience, the 2/3 of dental applicants are female, so the stats makes sense.
That is true. However, not all schools with more female applicants have a class that's as heavily skewed towards being female-dominant. It looks to me like UCSF has a gender bias, but I can be wrong. I hope I'm wrong, lol.

That is true. However, not all schools with more female applicants have a class that's as heavily skewed towards being female-dominant. It looks to me like UCSF has a gender bias, but I can be wrong. I hope I'm wrong, lol.
I'm a current UCSF student. I was told that the applicants are female-dominant. Despite accepting a large number of male students, most choose other schools over UCSF. Why this is the case, they don't know.

Reactions: 2 users
ethnicity_2025.png

They may have more than gender bias. These are the stats from the UCSF class of 2025. Very different from the composition of the state. If it is any consolation they had a great deal of difficulty with being re-accredited the last go-round. They even had to cut class size in order to ensure students would have enough clinical experience.

If it is any consolation they had a great deal of difficulty with being re-accredited the last go-round. They even had to cut class size in order to ensure students would have enough clinical experience.
is this information public? where did you see/hear that?

View attachment 361317
They may have more than gender bias. These are the stats from the UCSF class of 2025. Very different from the composition of the state. If it is any consolation they had a great deal of difficulty with being re-accredited the last go-round. They even had to cut class size in order to ensure students would have enough clinical experience.

Is being re-accredited a red flag for the school?

View attachment 361317
Students for Fair Admissions Dent, what do you think the racial composition should be then? If we're going by the state, it should match this, right?

Based on your other posts, it doesn't seem like you want to attend UCSF.

Attachments

• Ethic_California_Organized_Pie.png
    Ethic_California_Organized_Pie.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
This whole gender and accreditation battle has gone too deep now lol; what did I start smh. I personally was told by a few students that the reduced class size was due to funding and lack of faculty issues and was also told that it's decreasing again by another 30% for this current cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
This whole gender and accreditation battle has gone too deep now lol; what did I start smh. I personally was told by a few students that the reduced class size was due to funding and lack of faculty issues and was also told that it's decreasing again by another 30% for this current cycle.

Wow that would make UCSF have one of the smallest class sizes in the country… and even more competitive

So this year only about 60 students will get accepted or matriculate?

was also told that it's decreasing again by another 30% for this current cycle.
did anyone else hear this? i feel like they would’ve told that to us at the admissions presentations but they didn’t…

Students for Fair Admissions Dent, what do you think the racial composition should be then? If we're going by the state, it should match this, right?
Adding, the applicant pool for dental has become majority female for the last few years. And more women have graduated from college with bachelor degrees as well. I don't think assigning or presuming bias to the admissions committee is correct.

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone else hear this? i feel like they would’ve told that to us at the admissions presentations but they didn’t…
Welp, if you look back at the last cycle, they did not announce the reduction of the class size to 60 during the cycle.

Adding, the applicant pool for dental has become majority female for the last few years. And more women have graduated from college with bachelor degrees as well. I don't think assigning or presuming bias to the admissions committee is correct.
According to the ADA, in 2021, women made up 56% of first-year dental students.

Reactions: 1 user
Welp, if you look back at the last cycle, they did not announce the reduction of the class size to 60 during the cycle.
if you look at the UCSF class of 2026 thread, it looks like students knew in October and UCSF told students about the class size reduction at admissions presentations. confused why they would reduce the class size again without telling us at all…

I heard they are slowly reducing class size as they plan to close the school slowly. Many dental students complain about the lack of assistance in clinic and faculty.

It was actually faculty that did. They told some people during an ASDA conference.
We haven't had any ASDA conferences yet for this school year.
Faculty don't attend ASDA conferences in general as they're mostly catered for dental students.
So I'm really curious as to who this faculty is that told you. Unless you mean you heard from other people who apparently heard from faculty, at an event that faculty don't attend?
It seems like this is more of a "I heard this from this person who heard from that person who heard form this person".

The class size is staying at 60.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone! I had a quick question I am hoping someone can answer. Other than doing my Kira interview, I have not heard anything else from UCSF. Has anyone heard anything other than the Kira interview and optional visit?

Hey everyone! I had a quick question I am hoping someone can answer. Other than doing my Kira interview, I have not heard anything else from UCSF. Has anyone heard anything other than the Kira interview and optional visit?
I received a letter from them in the mail for applying to financial aid. Other than that, my only interaction frrom them has been the same as you.

I received a letter from them in the mail for applying to financial aid. Other than that, my only interaction frrom them has been the same as you.
Same here. I wonder if everyone who interviewed receives information requesting to apply for financial aid.

For those who got rejected, where did you receive that notification? Was that via email or AADSAS?