UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Those who got interview done, did your app status change back to Received/Under Review?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got denied. In-state, 25AA/25TS, 3.95oGPA/4.00sGPA, 300+ volunteer hours, 300+ shadowing hrs, 500+ hours DA. 🥲

Got denied. In-state, 25AA/25TS, 3.95oGPA/4.00sGPA, 300+ volunteer hours, 300+ shadowing hrs, 500+ hours DA. 🥲
I remember you said you applied late august but do you mind sharing how late and when your app got verified please

I remember you said you applied late august but do you mind sharing how late and when your app got verified please
I applied to some dental schools in late August but submitted for UCSF on 9/9 because it took time to finish its secondary app. My app got verified by UCSF in early October.

Hey Guys! I applied last week of august and I still have not heard back from UCSF. I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat! Also have they sent interview invites at all this month?

UCSF said they are going tonsend invites next Friday after decision day. They said they have a couple of rounds of interviews left for January.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call as well! 8:39 PST

got the call at 8:44am PST. no status change on aadsas

Reactions: 2 users
Got an email today saying that a final decision has not been made for my application yet :( Congrats to everyone who got in though!

hi im a current d1 who just finished their first quarter. feel free to dm
Sdn says I cant dm your acc, so I’ll post the question here too:
- what do you think about ucsf for specialization? Their reported match rate appears to be lower than a lot of other schools so just wanted to hear your opinion on that.
- how you feel about h/p/f and whether you feel like its helpful, or if its like a “fake” pass fail
- if you’ve enjoyed living in sf
- how expensive your rent is

Sdn says I cant dm your acc, so I’ll post the question here too:
- what do you think about ucsf for specialization? Their reported match rate appears to be lower than a lot of other schools so just wanted to hear your opinion on that.
- how you feel about h/p/f and whether you feel like its helpful, or if its like a “fake” pass fail
- if you’ve enjoyed living in sf
- how expensive your rent is
1. im not interested in specializing, so im not too sure on their reported match rate. However, every upperclassman that I know has matched with their field of interest. I can ask upperclassmen what they think of it. Also if you've been accepted, feel free to ask in the class of 2027 facebook page.
2. I love pass / no pass. It's super helpful in helping create a healthy life balance in addition to our ISO which is independent study time that is implemented into our weekly schedules. You have to pass every exam in the class to pass the class. If you fail an exam you have to remediate that exam. Each class has certain requirements for you to get honors, so that will vary. Overall the academic environment between peers is nice as everyone helps each other.
3. I love SF (although I am originally from california, just not norcal). Weather is nice, lots of good food, easy way of getting around the city. Golden gate park is right off campus so you can have picnics or just relax after class, etc.
4. I have student housing and pay 1k for a single. This includes: wifi, gas, electricity, water, room is furnished, and housing services takes out the trash bins for us.

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted to both UCSF and UOP, anyone have thoughts on which one to choose? I do plan to specialize, so I'm wondering how that works with UCSF, as their classes are Pass/Fail and they do not rank their students. UOP's facilities are super nice and finishing in 3 years sounds really appealing. Any thoughts on both schools or just UCSF (since this is a UCSF thread) would be super helpful!

I got accepted to both UCSF and UOP, anyone have thoughts on which one to choose? I do plan to specialize, so I'm wondering how that works with UCSF, as their classes are Pass/Fail and they do not rank their students. UOP's facilities are super nice and finishing in 3 years sounds really appealing. Any thoughts on both schools or just UCSF (since this is a UCSF thread) would be super helpful!
Check out a couple of the threads in the X vs. Y forum. UCSF and UoP are listed there from recently accepted students in the newly created threads. Hopefully it’ll help answer some of your questions.

Check out a couple of the threads in the X vs. Y forum. UCSF and UoP are listed there from recently accepted students in the newly created threads. Hopefully it’ll help answer some of your questions.
Ah, super helpful! Thank you so much!

I joined the facebook group! Is there an official groupme for the class ? :)

Hi! Are there any current UCSF students I can PM with questions? thank you!

Anyone knows how many spots are filled or confirmed? I'm in the waitlist and wondering if there will be any movement

Anyone knows how many spots are filled or confirmed? I'm in the waitlist and wondering if there will be any movement
May I ask if you ever got an official waitlist email?

Last edited: