ucsf the so called #1 school of pharmacy!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimia

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
forget it

Members don't see this ad.

It would not be fair for the school to just let you pass, because it is important to find and eliminate deficiencies before you become a full practitioner. I would suggest talking to the program to find out why you are not passing the rotations and go from there. If they do not have reasons documented, they may have to contact your site supervisor for particular rotations, or ask you to contact them. If for some reason you are unable to find out what has gone wrong, then I would recommend asking for feedback at each site during the rotation, to ensure that you are aware of how you are doing.

Obviously, your school must have flunked you with good reason. It is the school's responsibility to make sure that the students they put in the field know what they are doing. If you are having problems with this, you should seek a counseler from the school. Maybe they can direct you to fix the error of your ways

Members don't see this ad :)
what is this thread about?

looks like someone was bitching/whining about a bad grade

confettiflyer said:
looks like someone was bitching/whining about a bad grade

It sounds more like a NP in a rotation.

You have to do well on rotations. This is where you are applying all the knowledge that you learned during the previous years. At my school, it's the one time when C != PharmD. If you make a C, you're toast.

This thread seems to be the sort that would have been locked except the original poster edited . . .
whence suddenly others tried to keep it alive . . .

We'll change the subject . . .
The thing about schools is that the higher they are ranked (in general) the harder they are . . .

It's kinda like saying that if you got a 4.0 at community college you may have only gotten a 3.0 at a large state college . . .
or no grades at all if you went to TESC . .
:D

Caverject said:
There are no pharmacy school rankings, you ****! :smuggrin:

YES there is one YOU ****. The USNews one. And those that don't think its credible is just jealous that their school isn't ranked high in it. US News also ranks Medical schools and many go by it. ***But I don't think that rankings matter...the best schools are where u feel most comfortable for YOU.

:thumbup:

DrPharm said:
YES there is one YOU ****. The USNews one. And those that don't think its credible is just jealous that their school isn't ranked high in it. US News also ranks Medical schools and many go by it. ***But I don't think that rankings matter...the best schools are where u feel most comfortable for YOU.

:thumbup:
Chill....It was a play on the guys name! jeez....

How can I be jelous of something when my school wasn't even around back then?

DrPharm said:
YES there is one YOU ****. The USNews one. And those that don't think its credible is just jealous that their school isn't ranked high in it. US News also ranks Medical schools and many go by it.

No, I don't think it's credible because they don't use any form of empirical evidence to measure how great a school is. It's all based on exceedingly biased opinions of the faculty of the schools of pharmacy that participated in these surveys. The only way to tell what school offers the best education is to compare NAPLEX scores. Even after this it's hard to tell because every school in the country has essentially the same bloody curriculum and the scores just reflect the quality of the students more than the quality of the program.

WVUPharm2007 said:
No, I don't think it's credible because they don't use any form of empirical evidence to measure how great a school is. It's all based on exceedingly biased opinions of the faculty of the schools of pharmacy that participated in these surveys. The only way to tell what school offers the best education is to compare NAPLEX scores. Even after this it's hard to tell because every school in the country has essentially the same bloody curriculum and the scores just reflect the quality of the students more than the quality of the program.

Here's an easy way of seeing it....the US News rankings are kind of like the BCS system. ;)