UCVM c/o 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They aren't great for answering calls or emails so don't feel like you are the only one! Any student in an Alberta institution should have their transcripts auto-uploaded by the Apply Alberta system. You can definitely check the status to see if they have been pulled to ensure they are there on time but there shouldn't be an issue. For example, UofA, RDC, UofL, Lakeland College all would be "participating" institutions because they are in Alberta.
Thank you for clarifying this.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all, new member here.
I am a first time applicant applying at UCVM. Tried calling admissions but no answer. Confused about transcripts, in the manual is says:
‘if you have entered your Alberta Student Number (ASN), transcripts from participating institutions will be sent automatically to the UCVM Admissions Office and no other action is required on your part’.
*not sure what participating institution means.
My question is does UCVM automatically upload a student transcripts if they are already attending university of Calgary or does the student need to request for official transcripts to be sent to UCVM before the deadline.
They will never answer their phone, haha! Only their email occasionally. Just double check it's your correct ASN and you should be fine! I have only gone to U of C and have only ever typed in my ASN and student ID number and have never had to send transcripts or anything.

They will never answer their phone, haha! Only their email occasionally. Just double check it's your correct ASN and you should be fine! I have only gone to U of C and have only ever typed in my ASN and student ID number and have never had to send transcripts or anything.
I do have another question for anyone at u of c. Will UCVM recognize a course (not a required course) that is a CG? In the manual it mentions CR but not CG.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do have another question for anyone at u of c. Will UCVM recognize a course (not a required course) that is a CG? In the manual it mentions CR but not CG.
I’m sorry for repeating myself. Since the deadline is this Friday 14th to request for CG (credit granted). Does anyone know if UCVM accepts CG? On the manual only CR is mentioned, also on their academic calendar. Please let me know soon and yes I have contacted them via email three times since Dec and also left messages. Again they are ghosting me ☹️. Thank you

I’m sorry for repeating myself. Since the deadline is this Friday 14th to request for CG (credit granted). Does anyone know if UCVM accepts CG? On the manual only CR is mentioned, also on their academic calendar. Please let me know soon and yes I have contacted them via email three times since Dec and also left messages. Again they are ghosting me ☹️. Thank you
Hey! Unsure about your specific question, but I would directly email with Kristy Mahar. She has consistently answered promptly and is willing to give you call to talk things over if email correspondence is too cumbersome for your case. Hope this helps!

Hey! Unsure about your specific question, but I would directly email with Kristy Mahar. She has consistently answered promptly and is willing to give you call to talk things over if email correspondence is too cumbersome for your case. Hope this helps!
Thank you for your reply. So basically at u of c you can take a CG instead of a letter grade in your course. Deadline is Friday. I wanted to take it on one of my course but the UCVM manual doesn’t mention anything about CG grade but only CR. So I am confused in weather to take it or not as I am not sure if UCVM excepts it. I have called several times, and emailed and left voice message. I wish I could contact someone else but no one seems to know the answer.

Thank you for your reply. So basically at u of c you can take a CG instead of a letter grade in your course. Deadline is Friday. I wanted to take it on one of my course but the UCVM manual doesn’t mention anything about CG grade but only CR. So I am confused in weather to take it or not as I am not sure if UCVM excepts it. I have called several times, and emailed and left voice message. I wish I could contact someone else but no one seems to know the answer.
Ok, I would probably recommend just keeping it as a graded course that can impact your GPA. As long as you are maintaining the 3.0> for the required courses, that should be fine. From previous comments, it seems that once you hit the academic requirements, that information becomes blinded for if you get selected for an interview or not, so just make sure you hit those requirements.

Reactions: 2 users
If UCVM is still able to hold in person MMIs in March, what do you think would happen if you got an interview but got covid??? I know they mention that there’s no exceptions if you can’t make it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was different with covid. Asking as a double vaccinated over thinker 😂
I'm not sure about legit medical reasons, but I know it is possible for them to promise you an interview the following cycle (one of my friends had that happen pre-COVID, when the reason she didn't get an interview was due to UCVM admissions miscalculating her GPA).

Hopefully they'll do an online MMI, with how things are looking in Alberta these days.

I'm not sure about legit medical reasons, but I know it is possible for them to promise you an interview the following cycle (one of my friends had that happen pre-COVID, when the reason she didn't get an interview was due to UCVM admissions miscalculating her GPA).

Hopefully they'll do an online MMI, with how things are looking in Alberta these days.
That is my worst nightmare 😭 It seems like quite a few schools in the states managed to convert to online MMI's.

That is my worst nightmare 😭 It seems like quite a few schools in the states managed to convert to online MMI's.
An online MMI is your worst nightmare? Or missing due to COVID?

You should definitely be prepared for an online MMI, I don't think they would rely on CASPer again.

An online MMI is your worst nightmare? Or missing due to COVID?

You should definitely be prepared for an online MMI, I don't think they would rely on CASPer again.
No, missing the interview (due to being sick etc) would be! I would actually prefer an online MMI to get rid of any extenuating circumstances that could come up.

I think Kristy said we are doing both the CASPer and the MMI. That is very frustrating as I feel like the CASPer does not showcase applicants very well. I wish it could be an MMI that asks specific veterinary questions because then they know that the people that get in will have experience!

Just received an interview invitation!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview invitation!!!!
This will be first time and not sure what to expect. Any advice how to prep for Essay, MMI and Casper? What do I need to know for the essay and the interview. I know there will be stations. We can all give the best essays and interview but what are they looking for?

This will be first time and not sure what to expect. Any advice how to prep for Essay, MMI and Casper? What do I need to know for the essay and the interview. I know there will be stations. We can all give the best essays and interview but what are they looking for?
My first time as well! Third cycle.

Just got my interview offer as well! Not even sure where to begin for prepping. Any advice?

Reactions: 1 users
I'm also very curious as to how many people applied this cycle and how many were offered interview. I'm very familiar with the rejection emails 😝 which usually list how many applicants there were.

Congrats everyone receiving interview offers!!

• Love
I got my interview invite as well! Congrats everyone!! We GOT this! :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
This may be a strange question.... but has anyone heard of someone not recieving an interview this cycle? I think it is possible that application numbers fell to a point where everyone may have received an interview this cycle due to the short notice MCAT requirement.

This may be a strange question.... but has anyone heard of someone not recieving an interview this cycle? I think it is possible that application numbers fell to a point where everyone may have received an interview this cycle due to the short notice MCAT requirement.
That will be nice but only time will tell. Since it’s my first time can someone advise me on the essay (what should I know) I’m not even sure what kind of essay it is. If essay was done in the past can some give any advice. Also any tips on MMI?

Congrats to everyone with interviews! I might get to meet some of you virtually as I'm currently sorting out the process to be on the MMI panels so just remember to breathe, silence/finishing before your time is up is ok, and you got this!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I wondered that too! All 7/7 people I know also received an interview invite.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the MCAT requirement in general scared people away that were wanting to apply regardless of when they knew about it!

Yes I'm sure that's the case for many people as well! I just personally know quite a few people that weren't aware until late summer up to even September who are planning to write it for the next cycle. I think applications will probably bounce back a bit.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the MCAT requirement in general scared people away that were wanting to apply regardless of when they knew about it!
I found out about mcat in June but couldn’t find a spot to write the exam. This didn’t scare me away but was worried what if I couldn’t find a time to write the exam on time.

Last edited:
Just wondering.. what is the general age of everyone on here that got an interview/ do you have a degree / is there anyone that got an interview after only 2 years of undergrad? I’m guessing that the average age of acceptance for class of 2026 will be older than previous years since experience and maturity seem to be major factors in acceptance! I’m 23 with a degree
‘is there anyone that got an interview after only 2 years of undergrad?’ 🙋‍♀️
‘I’m guessing that the average age of acceptance for class of 2026 will be older’ 😱😞

I wondered that too! All 7/7 people I know also received an interview invite.
It’s a little scary that we can’t bank on previous years’ stats and chances to know how we stand haha

Exciting news from ABVMA and UCVM! Class sizes should go from ~50 to ~100 eventually

• Love
I wonder if we may see an increase for the incoming class already 😁🤔

Likely not simply due to staffing and space for students. Never say never, of course. But when they went from 30 to 50 it was a big strain with needing to expand faculty and buildings just to get to that number. So I'd expect it to be unlikely that a change would be evidenced quite that quickly

Likely not simply due to staffing and space for students. Never say never, of course. But when they went from 30 to 50 it was a big strain with needing to expand faculty and buildings just to get to that number. So I'd expect it to be unlikely that a change would be evidenced quite that quickly
Very true! I do wonder if we may even see a bit of flexibility in the name of 5~ish seats? A girl can dream 😂

I wonder if we may see an increase for the incoming class already 😁🤔
You will not. According to the Dean, the very earliest admission for the expanded class will be 25/26, and it may take longer than that.

Which is good, because, as a member of the first class of 50, they weren't and aren't even ready for 50 of us, let alone 100 🙃

Last edited:
You will not. According to the Dean, the very earliest admission for the expanded class will be 25/26, and it may take longer than that.

Which is good, because, as a member of the first class of 50, they weren't and aren't even ready for 50 of us, let alone 100 🙃

Eeep I was worried about that for your class. I decided I was happy to be getting out in 2020 tbh. I knew there were probably going to be some serious growing pains.

I'm also very curious about how they are going to expand the DVLC for your class, let alone trying to find spots for 100 students. I might have to start taking some all the way out here in Nova Scotia :laugh:

Eeep I was worried about that for your class. I decided I was happy to be getting out in 2020 tbh. I knew there were probably going to be some serious growing pains.

I'm also very curious about how they are going to expand the DVLC for your class, let alone trying to find spots for 100 students. I might have to start taking some all the way out here in Nova Scotia :laugh:
I'll start a rotation where we just drive around to feedlots and do necropsies all day :laugh:

Soooo..... is everyone excited for orientation on Friday?

They keep assuring us there's enough DVLC for 50 of us.

But I have doubts.

• Care
Could anyone tell me what’s the AMP software mentioned in the email? Is it an application we have to download beforehand? Website?

I had an unexpected family emergency sprung onto me today and couldn’t make the orientation. I am full blown panicking because I know it was mandatory and it definitely had a lot of information that was important to know. I am begging, please, can someone catch me up on what information I missed? I’m really upset that I couldn’t make it and I know you guys don’t have to help me out. But please if someone is willing, please let me know if I missed anything important. I could also leave my social media if that is a better platform to talk than here. I really don’t want to mess this up after getting all the way to this point..

I had an unexpected family emergency sprung onto me today and couldn’t make the orientation. I am full blown panicking because I know it was mandatory and it definitely had a lot of information that was important to know. I am begging, please, can someone catch me up on what information I missed? I’m really upset that I couldn’t make it and I know you guys don’t have to help me out. But please if someone is willing, please let me know if I missed anything important. I could also leave my social media if that is a better platform to talk than here. I really don’t want to mess this up after getting all the way to this point..
I wouldn't panic! I would email Kristy and let her know first and I'm sure they can just send you the PowerPoint slides that we went through!

Don't panic! She has all the slides saved so just email her and let her know. She was debating recording it in case people missed it, but I don't think she did because she said everyone was there. It was basically just them reading off the slides and then they answered a few questions from people.

Don't panic! She has all the slides saved so just email her and let her know. She was debating recording it in case people missed it, but I don't think she did because she said everyone was there. It was basically just them reading off the slides and then they answered a few questions from people.
Thank you. I emailed Kristy right away. Could I also ask how many people were in the call?

Thank you. I emailed Kristy right away. Could I also ask how many people were in the call?
There was 100 people in the call including Kristy and I believe Dr. Mccorkell.

Hello is anyone having trouble uploading photo ID on AMP site. I’ve followed all the instructions but keep getting server error message.

Last edited:
Hello is anyone having trouble uploading photo ID on AMP site. I’ve followed all the instructions but keep getting server error message.
No issues here. I just hit upload and got a chime and now it's in there

No issues here! My friend tried on her phone though and it didn't work. Try a computer!