-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCVM c/o 2026
Started by Snurple
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hopefulfuturevet
New Member
Good luck! I hope it goes well for you 🙂 Are there usually a lot of people that get in from the waitlists?Just received a waitlist email
Thank you!! To my knowledge there’s typically not a lot of movement on the waitlist, but we should all be proud for making it this far 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fclassofUCVMwooo
New Member
I’m writing it end of August !Congrats to the incoming class !!!!!😀Anyone writing the MCAT this August?
Does anyone know if our MCAT score is taken into consideration for admission? I’m debating retaking it but I’m not sure how much it would improve my application
According to the manual, as long as you meet the cutoff, your score is not ranked further. Personally I'd rather die than retake the MCAT so if it isn't 100% going to benefit you, I wouldn't.Does anyone know if our MCAT score is taken into consideration for admission? I’m debating retaking it but I’m not sure how much it would improve my application
According to the manual, as long as you meet the cutoff, your score is not ranked further. Personally I'd rather die than retake the MCAT so if it isn't 100% going to benefit you, I wouldn't.
Haha yeah I really don’t want to take it again! I’ll just have to pray they don’t raise the cutoff
Even if they do, we were told that the MCAT requirement will be removed after a couple of years, so I dunno if I would retake. Not worth the time, stress, and money imho.Haha yeah I really don’t want to take it again! I’ll just have to pray they don’t raise the cutoff
Even if they do, we were told that the MCAT requirement will be removed after a couple of years, so I dunno if I would retake. Not worth the time, stress, and money imho.
That’s true! Thanks for the advice everyone[emoji4]
I agree, as long as you got over the 495, I wouldn't bother unless they say specifically that they are raising the cutoff. Once you meet the 495, the interviewers are blind to your score, so even if you got a perfect score, they would never know!! Don't worry, I knew a few people last year that got in off the waitlist, so it's definitely possible!
I agree, as long as you got over the 495, I wouldn't bother unless they say specifically that they are raising the cutoff. Once you meet the 495, the interviewers are blind to your score, so even if you got a perfect score, they would never know!! Don't worry, I knew a few people last year that got in off the waitlist, so it's definitely possible!
I feel a lot better about not retaking it now! But yeah I’ll still hold out some hope for the waitlist 🙂 Thanks so much
pinkfluff14
New Member
I’m on the waitlist too! 🙂Just received a waitlist email
fclassofUCVMwooo
New Member
Is there a thread for UCVM 2027 yet ?
Not yet, but you could make one!
fclassofUCVMwooo
New Member
Good idea 🙂Not yet, but you could make one!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad