You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCVM c/o 2026
Started by Snurple
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Thankfully I got my neroticisim out of the way earlier in the cycle with some of the international schools I applied to 😂 sleep was definitely lost.It’s almost the dates for the essay and MMI and I cannot sleep. I’ve been so anxious these days trying to read up on as many resources as I can. Fear of rejection is so real. Anyone else been really neurotic about this big step or just me? 😅
could i ask if Ross was one of these schools? if so, how did you find the experience?Thankfully I got my neroticisim out of the way earlier in the cycle with some of the international schools I applied to 😂 sleep was definitely lost.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ross was one of the schools but i ultimately was accepted elsewhere and will be declining my seat. Feel free to private message me and I can give you more information 😊 I don't want to clog up this thread!could i ask if Ross was one of these schools? if so, how did you find the experience?
It finally worked. Screenshot from the phone didn’t work 👍🏻No issues here! My friend tried on her phone though and it didn't work. Try a computer!
I know how you feel, I feel the same. I wish everyone the best of luck. Hopefully after the interview we are bit more relaxed.It’s almost the dates for the essay and MMI and I cannot sleep. I’ve been so anxious these days trying to read up on as many resources as I can. Fear of rejection is so real. Anyone else been really neurotic about this big step or just me? 😅
Good luck today you guys!
Congrats guys!! You did it!!
Was lovely to meet some of you, albeit briefly!
Was lovely to meet some of you, albeit briefly!
Lol I remember obsessing over dumb things I said during the interview more than whether I was going to get inYou guys how are we going to stay sane until mid June waiting for our decisions 😂
In fact I still think about dumb things I said from time to time... 🤐I’m also obsessing over things that I shouldn’t have said, but have to move forward and stop thinking about it 🥺Lol I remember obsessing over dumb things I said during the interview more than whether I was going to get inIn fact I still think about dumb things I said from time to time... 🤐
we don’t need to do snapshot for this next assessment? Just casper assessment right?
Last edited:
Yeah there’s no mention of the snapshot anywhere!we don’t need to do snapshot for this next assessment? Just casper assessment right?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe it does! Based on the application manual, the essay is worth 30%, MMI Is 65%, and CASPer is 5%.just to be clear, the Casper test does NOT count towards admission, correct?
According to the website and what was said at the end of the orientation it doesn't really count for anything. I've heard it is used for research purposes to determine if the Casper scores are reflective of those who do well with the MMI/Essay. Who really knows though!I believe it does! Based on the application manual, the essay is worth 30%, MMI Is 65%, and CASPer is 5%.
That’s weird! The application manual says it’s part of their consideration for admission. Am I reading this wrong?
You're definitely not reading it wrong, I think they are intentionally being a bit cryptic though 😂That’s weird! The application manual says it’s part of their consideration for admission. Am I reading this wrong?View attachment 352875
In other news, BC just announced funding to double the BC seats at WCVM from 20 to 40!!! Great news for the industry!
Anyone else feeling tortured by this waiting game? 😵💫
Yes!! Honestly really struggling with it and we still have 2 more months 💀💀Anyone else feeling tortured by this waiting game? 😵💫
Does anyone know how credit/non credit works when applying ? Im not sure I totally get what the manual is saying.
I am at the U of L and because of the 5-week strike that happened, we are allowed to request CR in place of a letter grade. I am interpreting it as if I do that the term will be recognized, it just won't count toward my GPA calculation? does anyone know who was in a similar position due to covid ?
I am at the U of L and because of the 5-week strike that happened, we are allowed to request CR in place of a letter grade. I am interpreting it as if I do that the term will be recognized, it just won't count toward my GPA calculation? does anyone know who was in a similar position due to covid ?
My understanding is that the term counts towards your total 4 terms, but does not contribute to the calculation of your 4-term GPA.Does anyone know how credit/non credit works when applying ? Im not sure I totally get what the manual is saying.
I am at the U of L and because of the 5-week strike that happened, we are allowed to request CR in place of a letter grade. I am interpreting it as if I do that the term will be recognized, it just won't count toward my GPA calculation? does anyone know who was in a similar position due to covid ?
It may be easier to explain using an example, so let's say this was an applicant's last 5 terms:
W2022 - GPA 4.0
F2021 - GPA 4.0 with one CR
W2021 - GPA 3.5
F2020 - GPA 3.7
W2020 - GPA 3.3
In this scenario, the 4 most recent terms would be F2020 through to W2022. However, only 3 terms would be used to calculate the 4-term GPA. F2021 is excluded because the applicant took a CR in one course.
W2022 - GPA 4.0
W2021 - GPA 3.5
F2020 - GPA 3.7
W2020 - GPA 3.3
The inclusion of F2021 in the count, but not the calculation, means that they also won't consider the W2020 GPA because it is beyond 4 terms. So the GPA is determined by the following calculation:
(4.0 + 3.5 + 3.7) / 3 = 3.73
Okay, yeah that definitely makes sense. So even if the GPA is good or bad with the CR it still counts as a full-time term ( if the other conditions are met), it just isn't factored into the calculation of GPA. But they will acknowledge that you have completed the required class.My understanding is that the term counts towards your total 4 terms, but does not contribute to the calculation of your 4-term GPA.
It may be easier to explain using an example, so let's say this was an applicant's last 5 terms:
W2022 - GPA 4.0
F2021 - GPA 4.0 with one CR
W2021 - GPA 3.5
F2020 - GPA 3.7
W2020 - GPA 3.3
In this scenario, the 4 most recent terms would be F2020 through to W2022. However, only 3 terms would be used to calculate the 4-term GPA. F2021 is excluded because the applicant took a CR in one course.
W2022 - GPA 4.0
F2021 - GPA 4.0 with one CR
W2021 - GPA 3.5
F2020 - GPA 3.7
W2020 - GPA 3.3
The inclusion of F2021 in the count, but not the calculation, means that they also won't consider the W2020 GPA because it is beyond 4 terms. So the GPA is determined by the following calculation:
(4.0 + 3.5 + 3.7) / 3 = 3.73
I'm planning on applying next year, and I'm wondering if anyone can help me interpret how they use courses from a graduate program?
The manual says "Applicants may use the average GPA of all courses from the most recent graduate program to count towards their most recent full-time term, provided that the graduate degree will be completed in the year of application prior to registration in the DVM program".
The way I initially interpreted this was that they will use my graduate program GPA as the most recent full time term...however now I'm not sure. It also sounds like maybe they just add them to my most recent full time term? I only took 3 courses during my program and one of them was a CR because of covid.
The manual says "Applicants may use the average GPA of all courses from the most recent graduate program to count towards their most recent full-time term, provided that the graduate degree will be completed in the year of application prior to registration in the DVM program".
The way I initially interpreted this was that they will use my graduate program GPA as the most recent full time term...however now I'm not sure. It also sounds like maybe they just add them to my most recent full time term? I only took 3 courses during my program and one of them was a CR because of covid.
Cavethopeful
New Member
Do we get our Casper results?
They were sent out on Friday! Just have to log into your casper account and view them.Do we get our Casper results?
Skip to 31:30!!! Sounds like we will be getting an extra 5 seats this fall after all 😁
The Alberta government is providing an additional $8.4 million in funding to support enrolling more veterinary students at the University of Calgary Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (UCVM). This, along with $58.5 million in capital funding for construction of new infrastructure announced earlier this year, will allow UCVM to double its yearly Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) enrolment, from 50 to 100 students, by 2025.
www.ucalgary.ca
I wonder if they are going to find enough qualified candidates for this.
Vet med at UCalgary to receive nearly $67M to double its enrolment
New provincial dollars are aimed at addressing crisis-point shortage of veterinarians in Alberta
I wonder if they are going to find enough qualified candidates for this.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How is everyone feeling? We're getting so close to decision time! Does anyone have any predictions as to what day they will be giving decisions? 😊
Whatever day they said they were going to... plus a weekHow is everyone feeling? We're getting so close to decision time! Does anyone have any predictions as to what day they will be giving decisions? 😊
Based on Edited because I apparently spend too much time in the pathology lab 😂
My guess is any time between the 8th to the 15th. God help any telemarketing spam calls that call my number during this time LOLHow is everyone feeling? We're getting so close to decision time! Does anyone have any predictions as to what day they will be giving decisions? 😊
It's (hopefully) decision week! Good luck to everyone and I hope to see everyone posting when they get the call!
I finally got my call!!! Three years in the making guys, never give up!!!
I got my call! Crying happy tears!
Congrats guys!!! If you guys ever have any questions or need some advice feel free to reach out 🙂
hopefulfuturevet
New Member
Still waiting! Has anyone been called recently?Is anyone still waiting?? I haven’t heard anything and I am really starting to lose hope 🙁
Still waiting! Has anyone been called recently?
Still waiting as well 🙁
Congrats to the incoming class !!!!!😀Anyone writing the MCAT this August?
hopefulfuturevet
New Member
Congrats to everyone that got in!! Just curious, what time did you get your calls?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3:23 😊
3:13 PM! 🙂
Nothing yetHas anyone gotten a rejection email yet?