UF class of 2013- a quick question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leolanoles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I read the thread that all of you have going, and congrats to those of you who got in. But I have a quick question. For those who had their applications in early (before August), and get interviews, when did you hear from UF about the interview date? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I read the thread that all of you have going, and congrats to those of you who got in. But I have a quick question. For those who had their applications in early (before August), and get interviews, when did you hear from UF about the interview date? Thanks!

I hade some courses to complete for the fall, so all my paperwork was received sometime in January after the admission committee returned from vacation. I got an interview for early April. If you are competitive and have a complete academic package, you'll probably get an interview. Good luck!

Last year, I know of a few people that submitted early and received interview invites as early as November for a January interview, it does depend on how good your application is though. As for me, I got my paperwork in by the end of January, got an interview invite in February and had my interview in March.

Members don't see this ad :)
1)I finish PharmCAS in Nov.
2)Finish Secondary mid Dec.
3)Got interview invite in Feb.
4)Got first interview at the Orlando campus in March.
5)Accepted two weeks later.

If Gainesville was your first campus choice, you might get the earlier interview in Jan, but I heard these are for people in Gainesville attending UF during the applications process. The interview dates for the distant campus started in March or even April.

My recommendation is that since UF is not a rolling admission school, I would make sure that the PharmCAS essay and esp. the secondary are reviewed and revised over and over. I can't stress how important secondaries are because that is the only way the committe will get to know you on a personal level.