UF peeps..talk to me

Started by flyhi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

flyhi

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey UF Vet Med students! I will be attending UF beginning late June for 1-2 years over in the human med graduate school side of things. However, I want to live near some of you.. I have an amazingly awesome 11 yr old spoiled rotten Yorkie who is my best bud and may need some assistance while I'm busy learning. I'm going to GNV mid-Feb to look at some places to live. I need to commute to Shands, etc, so just across the street from y'all, and will need a dog walker/sitter fairly regularly. I'd like to be close to vet students for this reason.. I trust y'all the most to walk/take care of my main squeeze, and you can make a little extra spending money while doing so. I'm looking at Bartram, Wildflower, Upper Westside.. and others. Any recommendations from y'all for a nice(er) place, walking/biking distance to Shands and where it would be convenient for a vet student to maybe do some dog walking during the week? Thanks in advance!
 
There are a lot of vet students in the Bartram, it's a fancier complex that's within walking distance of the vet school. I'm not sure about wildflower/upper westside, I don't know of too many people that live there. I think some of my friends may be in wildflower, but if it's the complex I'm thinking of, it has very limited parking for visitors so they never have people over. Also you want to be careful when picking places that you don't pick an undergrad heavy complex, or it gets annoying quickly. There are also a lot of us living in certain communities near or off of SW 35th place (grantwood, the polos, town parc, chase hollow, etc). It isn't really walking distance, but can be biking distance (just be prepared to get reeeeal sweaty in the warmer months lol). There is also a pre-vet dog walking club that a lot of us reach out to for help with walking our dogs.
 
There are a lot of vet students in the Bartram, it's a fancier complex that's within walking distance of the vet school. I'm not sure about wildflower/upper westside, I don't know of too many people that live there. I think some of my friends may be in wildflower, but if it's the complex I'm thinking of, it has very limited parking for visitors so they never have people over. Also you want to be careful when picking places that you don't pick an undergrad heavy complex, or it gets annoying quickly. There are also a lot of us living in certain communities near or off of SW 35th place (grantwood, the polos, town parc, chase hollow, etc). It isn't really walking distance, but can be biking distance (just be prepared to get reeeeal sweaty in the warmer months lol). There is also a pre-vet dog walking club that a lot of us reach out to for help with walking our dogs.

Thanks for the info Cyndia! I will look up the places you mentioned. As long as it's biking distance (sweat included), I'm good. I will check out the pre-vet walking club when i get there. Thanks again!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad