UF Pharmacy Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The interview seemed alright, I felt like my answers were okay. The only thing is that maybe I felt like I was pausing a bit between my answers. I don't know that that was the reason for being denied though. It's possible they chose someone with a higher GPA or PCAT score, I'm not really sure. I'd like to know who I can talk to to find out more, as the admissions page on UF's site has broken links when trying to find the appropriate person to contact.

It is also possible that there were just a much larger amount of applicants, seeing as people are still getting interview offers even now.

Members don't see this ad.

The interview seemed alright, I felt like my answers were okay. The only thing is that maybe I felt like I was pausing a bit between my answers. I don't know that that was the reason for being denied though. It's possible they chose someone with a higher GPA or PCAT score, I'm not really sure. I'd like to know who I can talk to to find out more, as the admissions page on UF's site has broken links when trying to find the appropriate person to contact.

It is also possible that there were just a much larger amount of applicants, seeing as people are still getting interview offers even now.

I find it natural to have to stop and pause between answers that way you can gather your thoughts and you don't want to sound scripted.

But as far as your overall statistics if they were "competitive" I'm not sure what the problem would be. I would call the office I wouldn't try and email any one.

I am writing in regards to my son. My son got an interview invite pretty quickly after applying to UF (preferred Gainesville campus), and later his original interview was bumped up to an earlier date. He said the interview went well, and we patiently waited to see if he was accepted. A week later, he then got a message stating the original interview was not satisfactory and they wanted to do another interview at the Gainesville campus. We assumed it was because when he got his original interview, it was for the Jacksonville campus and he had requested to be changed to the Gainesville location for financial reasons. Instead, he got an email after the second interview that he was being put on an "alternate list!!!" As you can imagine, he was pretty upset. I'm also upset because what hurts him, hurts me even more. He has already established himself in Gainesville (for other reasons than just school, though) with housing and a job.

Like all of you, my son has worked hard his entire life to get to this point, and it seems to me as if UF got his hopes up and then pulled the rug out from underneath him.

I'm now wondering if perhaps the second interview had to do with the fact that he wanted to change to the Gainesville campus, and he is now on a waiting list in case they can "find" an opening?

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was the final result? TIA. And good luck to the rest of you, kids...and congrats to the others who have already been accepted!!

UF doesn't accept their students based on their campus choice. They interview at the student's preferred campus and accept the student to the UF program. They then rank their accepted students and they go off that list in regards to an applicants campus preference. So if UF wants a student and they filled all their spots at a certain campus (or whatever the case may be..) they will offer acceptance to a different campus. That's what happened to me. I wanted Gainesville and was offered a st. Pete spot

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not experienced this or read about anyone else experiencing this. Did you try to contact the admissions office for more information? Usually the "alternate" interviews are done independently of the regular interviews and are done at a later date sometime in June from what I have seen.

No, I have not contacted the school - my son asked me not to, as he would like to leave well enough alone and deal with whatever decision is made on his own. I understand and respect his wish. And if my son does end up getting pulled from the alternate list, he will have to have yet another interview, according to the email he got.

I appreciate your reply.

So is anyone else stll holding out hope for a last-minute interview invite? :/

Just got an e-mail today. My interview is on the 22nd at St. Pete campus WOO!

Nice! Congrats!!! It's good to hear that they are still sending out invitations!!!

Thanks! I think they just have a lot of applicants so they're making more interview dates than it says on the website, so no one be discouraged. Anyone else interviewing on 22nd in St. Pete?

Thanks! I think they just have a lot of applicants so they're making more interview dates than it says on the website, so no one be discouraged. Anyone else interviewing on 22nd in St. Pete?

Just out of curiosity, did you rank St. Pete as your top choice?

I'll be there!

Very excited for my interview at the Orlando campus this Thursday. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long have you known about your interview date and time? The email offering me an interview did not include a date and time and I am worried that it might be this Thursday. I emailed Mary Beth but I have not received a response yet.

How long have you known about your interview date and time? The email offering me an interview did not include a date and time and I am worried that it might be this Thursday. I emailed Mary Beth but I have not received a response yet.

The interview date I got back in January and the time I just got last week.

The interview date I got back in January and the time I just got last week.
It turns out they are going to have May interview dates which is great since I will have finals next week. Good luck to you on Thursday!

It turns out they are going to have May interview dates which is great since I will have finals next week. Good luck to you on Thursday!

Oh, I didn't know that.

Thanks! And good luck to you in May!

has anyone that interviewed at uf jacksonville april 12th gotten an email back as to whether they are accepted or not?

is the interview(Orlando) open or closed file? I remember reading somewhere interviewers do not know your grades. But other than grades, do they have all your application information and ask about them? thank you very much. Also, those interviewed on 3/7 @ Orlando, did you guys hear back from the school yet?
I know this is old. but di you ever hear back from UF? i had my interview 4/12 in jax and havent heard.

I was interviewed at the St. Pete campus on March 22nd. Has anyone interviewed on that date gotten their acceptance letter yet? It has been a week already so I am just wondering.
how long did it take to hear back from UF?

I know this is old. but di you ever hear back from UF? i had my interview 4/12 in jax and havent heard.
I interviewed in Orlando on March 7th. I heard back from them the next day. From my understanding from the UF students there, it was one of the early interviews (2nd at the Orlando campus). If you just interviewed not too long ago, it may take a while to hear back from them. Based on how many people interviewed on the previous dates and how many accepted already at each of those campuses, there may be limited space left. So, they are probably reviewing applicants that they recently interviewed and deciding on who they really want into their program.

I was told that the interview was mostly a formality and that if they invite you for an interview day they want you. I keep seeing more and more people being rejected so maybe they are changing their system or that these people just did not seem like a good fit?

it's been 6 days since I've had my interview and haven't heard anything :( if you don't mind me asking ... how long did it take them to email you that you didn't get in??
thanks!

I was told that the interview was mostly a formality and that if they invite you for an interview day they want you. I keep seeing more and more people being rejected so maybe they are changing their system or that these people just did not seem like a good fit?
that's what I heard too! did you interview or get in to uf?

It took about a week and a half after my interview to find out I was denied. I think the interview offer email said it could take 2 weeks to hear back.

Now that I've been denied, I wonder what I can do to increase my chances next application cycle. Any suggestions?

It took about a week and a half after my interview to find out I was denied. I think the interview offer email said it could take 2 weeks to hear back.

Now that I've been denied, I wonder what I can do to increase my chances next application cycle. Any suggestions?
Sorry about that.
which campus did you interview if you dont mind me asking? were your gpa/pcat in the competitve range according to UF website?

do you have any pharmacy experience?

I was interviewed at the St. Pete campus, and I wanted to go to the St. Pete campus.
My GPA is hovering at about a 3.1, and my PCAT composite score was an 82. I don't have any pharmacy experience, and I think that may have been one of the contributing factors for my denial. I'm wondering if I should retake the PCAT and try to get a higher score.UF is definitely my top choice, so I'm sure I'll be trying again next application cycle.

I was interviewed at the St. Pete campus, and I wanted to go to the St. Pete campus.
My GPA is hovering at about a 3.1, and my PCAT composite score was an 82. I don't have any pharmacy experience, and I think that may have been one of the contributing factors for my denial. I'm wondering if I should retake the PCAT and try to get a higher score.UF is definitely my top choice, so I'm sure I'll be trying again next application cycle.
I am assuming that is your science gpa, right? Others can chime on this one But if you got an interview, it prob means that they are happy w your academics. Pharmacy experience will def help you. But if you have other acceptance. I am not sure if waiting for another year is a good idea. Btw when you say denied, do u mean rejected or waitlisted?

It did not say waitlisted on the email, so I'm thinking it was rejected.

your PCAT score is very competitive, but your GPA is on the lower end. Pharmacy experience is starting to become necessary if you have a weakness in your stats, so if you plan on waiting another year to apply I would strongly suggest working in a pharmacy in any capacity for that whole year. It shows that you're invested in your future and you know somewhat of the profession you are getting into. But honestly if you've been accepted elsewhere I wouldn't wait a year just for UF.

My stats are similar... 3.1 science GPA, 91 PCAT, and no pharmacy experience. I applied to UF in October and still no interview. They sent me an email In February asking for an extra LOR. I just received a second email from UF saying that my application is up for review (again) and that I should here something about a possible interview soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm not expecting the best case scenario.

It did not say waitlisted on the email, so I'm thinking it was rejected.
i would suggest taking PCAT again i mean yours is very good but i guess a few more points couldnt hurt. my suggestions is getting a pharm tech license and work for a little to better your application

Where did you get this information if you dont mind me asking?

Anyone heard back from the Orlando interview on the 18th? I know it hasn't been that long but I know some people from the first two interview days heard back within 3-5 days.

Anyone heard back from the Orlando interview on the 18th? I know it hasn't been that long but I know some people from the first two interview days heard back within 3-5 days.

I was there, and I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully, it will be soon.

I interviewed yesterday at the St. Pete campus and I'm hoping to hear back soon because I got my acceptance call from USF today. Really not wanting to pay the $200 deposit. I'm praying that 3-5 days is the normal wait time lol

Nothing yet here either.

Nope. You?

Pretty much have been refreshing my email every 5 minutes. Haha
I had an interview in jacksonville on the 12th and i havent heard anything. just trying to see if others are going thru this. all my friends (6 in total) got accepted to uf the next day after their interview so im sort of freaking out....i still check my email every 5 min and its been a week and a half =(

If anyone hears back about the St. Pete interview from Monday the 22nd please share! Slowly dying over here!

I had an interview in jacksonville on the 12th and i havent heard anything. just trying to see if others are going thru this. all my friends (6 in total) got accepted to uf the next day after their interview so im sort of freaking out....i still check my email every 5 min and its been a week and a half =(

The original email says up to two weeks. Plus keep in mind that these were the final interviews before the alternate ones in June so I'm sure they had more people attending each one.

But yes the wait will be the slow and agonizing death of me.

Last edited:
The original email says up to two weeks. Plus keep in mind that these were the final interviews before the alternate ones in June so I'm sure they had more people attending each one.

But yes the wait will be the slow and agonizing death of me.
oh trust me haha I have been dying too. ugh I have a feeling since we are late in the game they are taking a while to think grrr

If anyone hears back about the St. Pete interview from Monday the 22nd please share! Slowly dying over here!

I interviewed on monday as well and the wait is killing me! Hoping that we hear from them soon!

I haven't heard anything yet so I keep checking my email every 5 minutes. I will be so relieved once I hear SOMETHING!