UF students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmv

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the "required" book list of Clinical biochemistry, dosage forms, fun of medical chismistry, physiological basis of dease, intro to pharm helath care, and practum for the PD1 class. My first question is are the book really needed? Are the notes from the professor enough to make it? Are the really "required books"? If you recommend buying some text books please tell me which class so I can get a head start. One more thing..Can I use an older edition?? Thanks guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

pharmv said:
I was looking at the "required" book list of Clinical biochemistry, dosage forms, fun of medical chismistry, physiological basis of dease, intro to pharm helath care, and practum for the PD1 class. My first question is are the book really needed? Are the notes from the professor enough to make it? Are the really "required books"? If you recommend buying some text books please tell me which class so I can get a head start. One more thing..Can I use an older edition?? Thanks guys!!

Clinical Biochem - notes are fine
Dosage Forms - notes are fine
Med Chem - notes are fine
PBD - Dr. Gauss retired, so I don't know about the new guy. Notes are probably okay, though. Wait and see, then buy the text if needed.
Intro to pharm health care - This didn't exist, my class took something else.
Practicum - there is no book that I recall.

If you want to buy books, older editions are fine. The hardest class is PBD (pathophysiology). Your undergrad A&P book will not cut it, so if you want to study in advance this is the book to get.

Dr. Gauss told me he was teaching one more year, so I think you could get by just fine without the PBD book. Honestly, you'll be just fine without buying any of the books for the first year. The only two books that I looked at were PBD and Biochem, but that was only for reference. There will be a packet you'll need to buy at kinko's for med chem- that one you'll use! Good luck!