UFCVM c/o 2020 Applicants

Started by vetmed94
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

At the end of an interview I am assuming the interveiwer may ask if we have any questions, I was wondering what questions are appropriate to ask at that time?

Anything really. That is your time to ask questions about the school, gainesville, the program ect...
 
Last edited:
If you have a particular field of interest, it may be good to ask about specific programs or anything that UF does with that that you may want to know more about. Remember you're interviewing your schools as much as they are interviewing you! 😉
I want to be a gator so bad!!!!!! Hahh hopefully this is my year!!!! Ahhh the excitement I can't believe it's this Saturday!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh wow that's cool! Do you get that before or after your actual interview session?

Yep! You'll get that right before you go into your interview. There's also some nice stuff in there about Gainesville like restaurant guides, apartment guides and touristy stuff.
 
Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow!!! Does anyone know how many IS and OOS are interviewing and what the breakdown is?

Very excited! I'll see some of you in a week!
 
tomorrow's the big day!! good luck to everyone who's interviewing! (i've looked at the questions on here over and over and i still feel nervous!)
 
tomorrow's the big day!! good luck to everyone who's interviewing! (i've looked at the questions on here over and over and i still feel nervous!)
Don't be nervous! I had mine last weekend and everyone was really nice! They definitely just want you to be yourself, so don't try and practice answers that you think they want to hear. Good Luck!
 
Question for current students (did early interview so I can't ask this weekend): If I would ideally do the aquatic animal certification in addition to my DVM, would it be too much of a courseload to also apply to the DVM/MPH program?
 
Question for current students (did early interview so I can't ask this weekend): If I would ideally do the aquatic animal certification in addition to my DVM, would it be too much of a courseload to also apply to the DVM/MPH program?
I have been wondering the same thing.... from what I've looked into you would have to start taking 6 classes over the summer.... I'm considering the DVM/MPH but, I don't want to be drowning.... I'd love to hear some feedback from current students at UF
 
Dr. Ginn seemed pretty confident about sending out acceptance letters by Friday, so the wait shouldn't be too long. We're definitely getting them before March!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any inside dets for when we think these letters are coming? We still pretty confident with Friday?
 
I'm hoping they email us tomorrow! They had said early next week (as in this week) but maybe I'm being optimistic lol
 
Ahhh! Where'd you hear early this week??
The lady my interview group debriefed with on Saturday after the interview! I think it was the dean of admissions or something,... she said something like she hopes to have decisions out by next week maybe early in the week but definitely by the 29th and said something how we were the last interview group so their decisions were almost all made.
 
The lady my interview group debriefed with on Saturday after the interview! I think it was the dean of admissions or something,... she said something like she hopes to have decisions out by next week maybe early in the week but definitely by the 29th and said something how we were the last interview group so their decisions were almost all made.
Now I'm going to be checking my phone even more frequently!! Thanks for the info!
 
The lady my interview group debriefed with on Saturday after the interview! I think it was the dean of admissions or something,... she said something like she hopes to have decisions out by next week maybe early in the week but definitely by the 29th and said something how we were the last interview group so their decisions were almost all made.
That be awesome! I was assuming it would be Friday that we would get an email the 26th but the early the better!
 
Does anyone have any insight into what day this week they wanted to be notifying us by? I'm getting so anxious!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just spent like 10 minutes looking through last years thread. They received their acceptances the last friday of the month so for us would be the 26th and they began to go out around 2. So MAYBE we will get them Thursday or Friday!
 
So I just spent like 10 minutes looking through last years thread. They received their acceptances the last friday of the month so for us would be the 26th and they began to go out around 2. So MAYBE we will get them Thursday or Friday!
I don't want to be a bubble buster, but your interviews were held a week later than they were last year so it could quite possible be sometime next week for you to receive your decisions. I don't want y'all to be freaking out all day Thursday and Friday because I've been there and it isn't fun having a mini heart attack every time your inbox beeps lol. I suggest keeping yourselves busy these next few days to help maintain your sanity and I wish you all the best of luck!!!!
 
Also don't freak out if you haven't received a decision it sounded like alternate emails may go out later from what it sounded like when I talked to admissions!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted :/ how does that work for IS I feel I have no shot
Yeah I got wait listed too, Im accepted into UT and Auburn so I'm just going to pick one of those 🙂 I heard the wait list for instate barely moves and I'm not gonna wait around or say no to Auburn or UT and risk not getting in period. OOS moves a lot more.