Ug 2.77 Bcpm 2.88 Mcat 27o

Started by IamtheLion
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

IamtheLion

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey,

I have been browsing this category for a really long time, gaining a lot of advice and information of possible post baccs and smp to improve my academic record. I am preparing applications for the following post bacc/smp: Tufts, PECOM, LECOM, Midwestern, Barry university. Does anybody have any advice for me (i.e. to avoid or go for it)? Also I am a neuroscience and kinesiology double major at the College of William and Mary, also a URM. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Lion
 
hey,

I have been browsing this category for a really long time, gaining a lot of advice and information of possible post baccs and smp to improve my academic record. I am preparing applications for the following post bacc/smp: Tufts, PECOM, LECOM, Midwestern, Barry university. Does anybody have any advice for me (i.e. to avoid or go for it)? Also I am a neuroscience and kinesiology double major at the College of William and Mary, also a URM. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Lion

I believe there are programs that have a linkage to their medical school ONLY for URM. I know for sure that Creighton university has one. I'm sure that there are more. You should look into it.
 
Also look into Georgetown (GEMS program....but you can't apply until Feb. 2008), Drexel DPMS (can apply now), Wake Forest Med. (apply by March 2008), Creighton, UIC (only after being rejected), Indiana U. (Master's in Medical Science), UMDNJ (Master's in Biomedical Science), Ohio State (only after being rejected), VCU (pre-med postbac taking medical/graduate classes) and there are a few others. It all depends on if you want to increase your undergrad GPA or take grad/medical classes to strengthen your app. Some of these programs give you a way in after you prove yourself in their system. Others just help make you a stronger applicant.