-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UGA c/o 2027
Started by CarboKitty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think so. At least anecdotally from other threadsSo some people have gotten in or been waitlisted without having references called? None of my references have told me they've gotten a call, but also not sure if they would keep it a secret from me or not.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PLEASEEEDon’t take my word for it but there have been rumors at the CVM that decisions may be released Friday.
Hopefully! If that conference room is booked (previously mentioned in thread) hoping it could be as early as Wednesday!Don’t take my word for it but there have been rumors at the CVM that decisions may be released Friday.
I heard this from a vet that heard it from somebody at the CVM as well. My advisor also said that they typically send decisions out on the last Friday in February and that last year was an exception since they were delayed. I'm thinking Friday afternoon for sure!Don’t take my word for it but there have been rumors at the CVM that decisions may be released Friday.
wvgastudent
New Member
Hi guys. On the plus side, they said that the latest decisions would be out is late February, and we only have 8 more days in February left....
I'm late to the game on this, but I do have some in-state statistics from last cycle. These numbers were provided by Parker Moore at a Pre-Vet Club meeting at UGA.
UGA CVM Program has a 97% pass rate for the NAVLE and a 99% retention rate.
Of all criteria, the only true tried predictor on a student's success in their GRE score, however UGA did opt to throw that out after this cycle.
56 of the students in the Class of 2026 completed their undergraduate at the University of Georgia.
98% of students coming into the program have a four-year degree.
At least 50% of the class of 2026 had a withdraw (W) on their transcript.
The average IS student GPA was a 3.63 with a 3.55 Science GPA and a 3.68 Last 45hr. (Class of 2026), the Median Hours were 850.
- According to Parker, 50% of the class had these stats exactly or below in the c/o 2026.
Good luck to everyone. I am truly praying, hoping, and holding onto faith. Regardless we are in the home stretch and are all qualified to become veterinarians!
I'm late to the game on this, but I do have some in-state statistics from last cycle. These numbers were provided by Parker Moore at a Pre-Vet Club meeting at UGA.
UGA CVM Program has a 97% pass rate for the NAVLE and a 99% retention rate.
Of all criteria, the only true tried predictor on a student's success in their GRE score, however UGA did opt to throw that out after this cycle.
56 of the students in the Class of 2026 completed their undergraduate at the University of Georgia.
98% of students coming into the program have a four-year degree.
At least 50% of the class of 2026 had a withdraw (W) on their transcript.
The average IS student GPA was a 3.63 with a 3.55 Science GPA and a 3.68 Last 45hr. (Class of 2026), the Median Hours were 850.
- According to Parker, 50% of the class had these stats exactly or below in the c/o 2026.
Good luck to everyone. I am truly praying, hoping, and holding onto faith. Regardless we are in the home stretch and are all qualified to become veterinarians!
Thank you!!Hi guys. On the plus side, they said that the latest decisions would be out is late February, and we only have 8 more days in February left....
I'm late to the game on this, but I do have some in-state statistics from last cycle. These numbers were provided by Parker Moore at a Pre-Vet Club meeting at UGA.
UGA CVM Program has a 97% pass rate for the NAVLE and a 99% retention rate.
Of all criteria, the only true tried predictor on a student's success in their GRE score, however UGA did opt to throw that out after this cycle.
56 of the students in the Class of 2026 completed their undergraduate at the University of Georgia.
98% of students coming into the program have a four-year degree.
At least 50% of the class of 2026 had a withdraw (W) on their transcript.
The average IS student GPA was a 3.63 with a 3.55 Science GPA and a 3.68 Last 45hr. (Class of 2026), the Median Hours were 850.
- According to Parker, 50% of the class had these stats exactly or below in the c/o 2026.
Good luck to everyone. I am truly praying, hoping, and holding onto faith. Regardless we are in the home stretch and are all qualified to become veterinarians!
I really hope they’re more lenient with gre scores this cycle since they are doing away with it!
Does anyone know if they’re still calling recommenders? Mine haven’t been called, so I’m stressing. I’m sure I’m overthinking it, but I was just wondering if anyone knew!
Apparently they usually call 2 so I wouldn't worry about that!I found out today that a 2nd recommender of mine was called yesterday. Trying not to overthink things 😭
I think someone above said they were calling through yesterday. I have not heard from any of my recommenders that they’ve been called, but I also haven’t asked, I feel like I’d rather not know lol. I’ve seen in previous years that people have been accepted without any references called, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I am so nervous, I haven’t been able to focus on anything the past few days! I’m a UGA alum and adore the school. But I’m also a first time non-traditional applicant with a lower GPA. Crossing my fingers for all of us!Does anyone know if they’re still calling recommenders? Mine haven’t been called, so I’m stressing. I’m sure I’m overthinking it, but I was just wondering if anyone knew!
Here are last year's numbersdoes anyone know how many oos spots UGA has
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know how many oos spots UGA has
19 oos
Futuredvm777
Full Member
19 oos
Damn why did I even apply as OOS [emoji51]
I think that chart says 31 non-resident seats + 19 contract seats.
they changed it for this year
dvmclassof2027hopeful
New Member
This is so confusing to me, one would think they would have finished that by now. I wonder if decisions will be delayed. Anyone who knows more than me have any thoughts?they’re still calling letter of rec ppl
I thought they were supposed to be done on Monday?This is so confusing to me, one would think they would have finished that by now. I wonder if decisions will be delayed. Anyone who knows more than me have any thoughts?
I got confirmation today from an ambassador that all the letters are made and decisions will come out this Friday, but it may be late afternoon around 3-4pm
maggieellesse
New Member
Does that mean they're emailing us and sending out letters?I got confirmation today from an ambassador that all the letters are made and decisions will come out this Friday, but it may be late afternoon around 3-4pm
wvgastudent
New Member
Like I said, Parker said 50% of admitted students had the exact stats I sent earlier or below. What's meant to be will be. <3 Don't stress too much over a lower GPA, I have a lower than average GPA, too!I think someone above said they were calling through yesterday. I have not heard from any of my recommenders that they’ve been called, but I also haven’t asked, I feel like I’d rather not know lol. I’ve seen in previous years that people have been accepted without any references called, so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I am so nervous, I haven’t been able to focus on anything the past few days! I’m a UGA alum and adore the school. But I’m also a first time non-traditional applicant with a lower GPA. Crossing my fingers for all of us!
Does that mean they're emailing us and sending out letters?
I’m not sure. They told me that “letters are printed and on the desk of admissions.” I don’t know if it’s accepted letters only or what, but they’re just waiting to send them out!
It may be something like an accepted students packet that gets physically mailed out after we get the decision emails?I’m not sure. They told me that “letters are printed and on the desk of admissions.” I don’t know if it’s accepted letters only or what, but they’re just waiting to send them out!
I’m not sure. They told me that “letters are printed and on the desk of admissions.” I don’t know if it’s accepted letters only or what, but they’re just waiting to send them out!
what time did they tell you this? freaking out that im an alternate or rejected bc mine was called later
I talked to them around 1 I think. Don’t stress too much! My recommenders haven’t even been called (to my knowledge), so I’m just hoping for the best
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, my notifications are turned off too. I'm not even bringing my phone to work on Friday because I don't want to be constantly checking it/find out when I'm not homeI turned my Gmail notifications off for the rest of the week 😂
I only see c/o 2026 still?Facebook page is posted!
I only see c/o 2026 still?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Hey guys! It has come to our attention that there has been conflicting information regarding the status and timing of admissions decisions. As a reminder, you should take information from students and other applicants with a grain of salt. Your best source will always be the school's admissions office.
future_vet
Full Member
Yeah. That's interesting. Are they sending acceptances already for the number of people joining the Facebook page? Hmmslowly watching the # of members joining the fb page wondering if today is the day or if it’s tomorrow or next week???![]()
future_vet
Full Member
Okay. Makes sense.i think it’s current uga students!
Me as wellFreaking out rn not gonna lie. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Futuredvm777
Full Member
Assuming acceptances are being sent out first .. RIP
WannabeCowDoc33
Full Member
IS ACCEPTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!