UGA pharmacy c/o 2016--fall 2012 admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k0006

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody submitted their application yet? When do you think first interviews will be alerted?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I applied on 9-6.. I'm just keeping my ear to the ground hoping for some noise.

yeah I applied earlier this month too. I don't think they alert first interviews until december or january though which kind of sucks

Members don't see this ad :)
My file was complete as of last week;)...so excited. Just wondering, does UGA wait until December to start calling for interviews? Or do they start in October like most other GA schools?

I think december. And the earliest you can find out is February and latest is April. At least from what the website made it sound like. I wish they had early app

Finally received an interview invite ^_^

Anyone else get an interview invite? I got one this week. Turned in my app over thanksgiving. I read on the facebook page that they've already invited 90 something applicants as of November...so wondering how many more there are at this point.

I got my interview invite this week, and I'm so excited about it! I'm not quite sure how many more invites they will send out; I guess it depends on how competitive the pool of applicants is. I think last year they sent out around 250-300?

Whoa 250-300 is a LOT. I was thinking they interview more like 200 or so but I could be wrong. When did you set up the interview for?

I got my interview invite this week, and I'm so excited about it! I'm not quite sure how many more invites they will send out; I guess it depends on how competitive the pool of applicants is. I think last year they sent out around 250-300?

Per their admissions_faq.pdf file they send out approximately 250 interview invites. "In 2011, 145 students were accepted into the Pharm.D. program; there were 687 applicants." If 145 of the 250 interviewed are accepted, then approximately 60% of the interviewees will get in. Sounds good to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
I chose to interview on February 2nd in the afternoon. Which date did you choose?

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

3 pharmacy school interview in 3 weeks and UGA is my last, thank God! Good luck everyone! Hopefully we'll all be at the white coat ceremony : )

Hey everyone congrats on getting a interview to UGA! I am currently a student there, and would love to help anyone out with questions or anything! Email if you need anything!

Again congrats and good luck!

Last edited:
Hi! Does anyone know if I am NOT selected for an interview, will they send me a letter or e-mail with regrets? I applied in August, but have heard nothing at all. I figured that I would at least get a letter of declination rather than them just leaving me in the dark.

Hey guys!!

Is any other page for UGA college of Pharmacy c/o 2016 also?

I don't see many posts/comments here...so just curious!!

Many thanks in advance...

I don't think so. I just don't think many students applying look at this

does anyone have any informed information about the potential early admission dates/when will the first people find out based on last year? i keep picking over my interview/ didn't go as well as i hoped but i'm hopeful. :cool:

Hi,
When I checked some 2010 posts I saw that some people received their acceptance letters via mail on Feb 15th 2010, hope this helps.

Hi,
When I checked some 2010 posts I saw that some people received their acceptance letters via mail on Feb 15th 2010, hope this helps.

thank you!
The interview felt so fast I can't even remember what I said anymore

Well, last year a snow storm interrupted the first week of interviews so maybe were comparing to last years date minus a week. Maybe Feb 7? What about 2009. Hmm

Yeah no idea. Crazy they'll be deliberating any day now! At least if we don't get in this round our names will come up for both the March round and the April round.

The early admissions that do happen around mid-Feb/mid-March are a very select number of people, so if you don't get a letter and someone else posts that they do, please don't be discouraged! I interviewed last year on Feb 3rd and I didn't receive my acceptance until April along with the majority of my class :) hope this helps!!

Oh, if y'all want any advice, etc. about the interview process feel free to ask!

Just wanted to wish good luck to anyone who has an interview this week! Please don't be nervous because everything is geared towards making you as relaxed as possible!

Well it could be any day now. Super anxious about the whole thing. Post if you get early acceptance!

Interviewed yesterday and Dr. Wolfgang said the committee is meeting today to decide on the first round of acceptances (top 35). Seeing as how there have been 100ish applicants interviewed thus far it's some tough competition to be in the top 35 that get to find out in feb.

so letters will probably go out tomorrow or monday you think?

No idea. If you really want to know call mrs herda on Monday. She definitely knows the lowdown about what's going on with the adcom. Then report back to us here!

I got my acceptance letter today!! Good luck everyone else!

I have an interview this month. Good luck to eveyone!

k0006, Are you living in Athens? Im just wondering because u got ur letter the same day it was sent out.

Last edited:
It got sent to my parents house, which is an hour from Athens. It was dated Feb 6th so I guess they went out yesterday.

Got my fingers crossed! I don't wanna wait Til April to find out!

Where else did everyone apply?

I got my acceptance letter in the mail today! My interview was on Jan 10

Last edited: