UGA pharmacy c/o 2016--fall 2012 admissions

Started by k0006
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've got several PMs abt the interview process. So I post it here. Hope it will help everyone else.

My process was as follows:
1. Video clip abt program: 15 mins
2. Essay: 30 mins
3. Tour: 15 mins
4. Individual interview: 15 mins/candidate. During this step, current pharmacy students will come to the room n talk to u. Take advantage of this n ask them as many questions/tips as u can.

They asked me very basic questions such as:
- Why do you want to be a pharmacist?
- What career path do u want to pursue? And why?
- What did u learn from ur pharmacy experience?
- How did u study/prepare for the PCAT?
- They asked me abt my extracurricular activities
 
I just got my acceptance letter and was wondering if anyone was looking for roommates or had any recommendations as far as what is close to campus?
 
well message me if yall need roommates and we can try to make a facebook group for our class!

My composite was an 82 btw, but my gpa was a 3.48!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's recommended to wait until the rest of the applications are sent out before you start to contact the school.
 
I interviewed on the 2nd and found out I got in on the 8th! So excited to move to Athens and would love to live with other pharmacy students. Does anyone know if there's a facebook group or something of that sort for those already accepted, or a way for us to all meet each other before the actual orientation?
 
Hey guys!

I am a current first year at UGA, and just wanted to remind you all of a couple of things:
During your interview, be yourself! They want to see a real person, not a robot. The interview process is really laid back and comfortable! 🙂 And also, just because you don't get a letter during the first round, does not mean that you're not going to get in... have faith! The waiting period is the worst part... I didn't find out until the very last possible day! 😛

Good luck to you all! See you when you get here! :xf:
 
Once you pay your seat deposit, Mrs. Herda will add you to the official facebook group! It's a great place to meet everyone! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my acceptance letter and was wondering if anyone was looking for roommates or had any recommendations as far as what is close to campus?

I've lived in Athens for 3 years (1st year pharmacy student).

If you're wanting an apartment complex close to campus, the most economical ones will be the ones on Riverbend road (Lakeside Apartments, Riverbend Club Apartments). It's so close even the UGA night bus runs there. However, it enters on the East side of campus while the pharmacy school is on the South side, so your commute would be shorter if you drove to school.

Other good places that are not as close include The Club (cheap, no bugs) and Beechwood Pines (a little pricier, but nicer community, and they have a great pet policy!).

Congrats!
 
I would at least wait a few days after other people announce that they've been accepted and see if they send out any information about wait listing, etc. If they don't then I would e-mail them asking if you could find out what number you are on the list because you're anxious about any further decisions. I promise no one in our administration office will send you a nasty response 😉 ha ha...good luck to everyone!
 
When is UGA's spring break? It seems like spring break (at least at my school) is a different week this year, so maybe that's affecting letters. I know of someone (not in the pharmacy program) that heard back from UGA on Friday, but it was a personal phone call from their program. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed :xf:
 
When is UGA's spring break? It seems like spring break (at least at my school) is a different week this year, so maybe that's affecting letters. I know of someone (not in the pharmacy program) that heard back from UGA on Friday, but it was a personal phone call from their program. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed :xf:

Next week
 
Does anyone mind sharing their stats, accepted or not. That way we can see where we stand. I interviewed in January. This wait is killing me!!
 
This was posted on the UGA Pharmacy Student Affairs facebook page on Feb 26th fwiw....

Acceptance letters for the Class of 2016 were sent to 40 candidates in early February and the interview process continues as we search for the most qualified 145 to fill the class. It will be a while before the roster is finalized so if you or someone you know is still waiting, your continued patience is much appreciated
 
This was posted on the UGA Pharmacy Student Affairs facebook page on Feb 26th fwiw....

Acceptance letters for the Class of 2016 were sent to 40 candidates in early February and the interview process continues as we search for the most qualified 145 to fill the class. It will be a while before the roster is finalized so if you or someone you know is still waiting, your continued patience is much appreciated

I saw that. I interpreted it as those 40 candidates interviewed before February and then received their acceptance letters in early February not that they interviewed in early February and had just received their letters. If that's the case, then the second round of acceptance letters haven't been sent out yet. Does that make sense? Am I wrong?
 
I saw that. I interpreted it as those 40 candidates interviewed before February and then received their acceptance letters in early February not that they interviewed in early February and had just received their letters. If that's the case, then the second round of acceptance letters haven't been sent out yet. Does that make sense? Am I wrong?

That is the way I interpreted it also.
 
Does anyone mind sharing their stats, accepted or not. That way we can see where we stand. I interviewed in January. This wait is killing me!!

4.0 GPA
90 PCAT composite
9 months experience in retail pharmacy

I received my letter on Feb 8.
 
3.45-3.5 pre pharm GPA
80 pcat composite
About 6 months pharmacy experience
still waiting...:xf:

I went to their Visitor's Day last August. They said they grade candidates based on 3 criteria: PCAT (99 max), GPA (100 max; take your GPAx4) and interview (100 max). They base on the first two scores to invite people to interview. They add the interview score with the first two. The max total score is 299. They base on this total score to make decisions. Last year, they did accept a candidate with a 45 PCAT, but she had 3.9 GPA and did very well in the interview.

Good luck!
 
I'm about 99% sure the next round of acceptances was sent out yesterday, but please don't panic if you don't get something in the mail! I know last year they were sent out during UGA's spring break, and a lot of early admissions people received their letters around March 16th but it all depends on when the Board decides to meet. I know it's frustrating guys, but have faith!! I promise it will be worth your while when you're accepted!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my acceptance letter yesterday, so it looks like the next round was sent out! Good luck everyone!
 
Yes mine is a 62.. I have a 3.97 gpa.. And I felt like my interview went well. The wait is horrible though!