You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UGA pharmacy c/o 2016--fall 2012 admissions
Started by k0006
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I got it! This feels great! Second year applying.
Bachelors in chemistry
Masters in chemistry
Internship at Pfizer
3.0 gpa
90 composite Pcat
Bachelors in chemistry
Masters in chemistry
Internship at Pfizer
3.0 gpa
90 composite Pcat
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when did the waitlist e-mail get sent out?
I took the Kaplan course which helped me a lot. All it really did for me was discipline me. It forced me to take time out and study. It also gave me a lot of practice which is the most important thing. You gotta be able to practice and perform well under timed conditions. Timing was the hardest part for me. Also, I didn't try this, but I heard from people that something called PCAT Destroyer is really good practice (expensive but worth it) so you might wanna look into that.
To those of you who didn't get in and will be around the Athens area in the summer/fall: If you are lacking experience Mercy clinic is always looking for volunteers in the pharmacy. Many people who work at UGACOP also volunteer there so it is a great way to network/ask questions/beg for references. I actually worked under one of the people who interviewed me last year and ended up getting a LOR from him. It is also full of current students who are good sources of information. I was in your position last year so I know how you feel, it will get better trust me!!!
do the rejection letters get sent out at the same time as the acceptance letters? or will they be sent out later?
no email or letter yet...very confused. anyone else in the same position? im only an hour away from athens.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any update on the alternate list guys?
Nuan, when did they get pulled off? I know the deadline for those admitted regularly was yesterday. thanks
coolroy, do you know where your son was on the waitlist?
Does anyone know how many people are actually on the wait list?
I think 40 people, but the last 20 have no chance
Yeah I'm pretty sure there's between 40-50 people on the list, 90 seems excessesive
How many do yall think we get pulled off all together?
Hey guys! just to confirm! UGA calculates your GPA using ONLY the grades you recieved on your pre reqs? Right? my overall is like a 2.6 but my Pre req is a 3.2...I just wanted to have someone confirm this! 🙂
I read this on their website FAQ:
"Are courses other than those in the pre-pharmacy core given consideration?
Only courses in the pre-pharmacy core are utilized in the decision to invite applicants for
interviews. Additional coursework can be considered in the interview process. Courses in
chemistry, biology, nutrition, food science, foreign language, business, computer science, and
many other areas can provide knowledge and skills applicable to pharmacy practice. "
Also CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYONE WHO GOT IN! I willl e applying this coming cycle.👍
I read this on their website FAQ:
"Are courses other than those in the pre-pharmacy core given consideration?
Only courses in the pre-pharmacy core are utilized in the decision to invite applicants for
interviews. Additional coursework can be considered in the interview process. Courses in
chemistry, biology, nutrition, food science, foreign language, business, computer science, and
many other areas can provide knowledge and skills applicable to pharmacy practice. "
Also CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYONE WHO GOT IN! I willl e applying this coming cycle.👍
Hey guys! just to confirm! UGA calculates your GPA using ONLY the grades you recieved on your pre reqs? Right? my overall is like a 2.6 but my Pre req is a 3.2...I just wanted to have someone confirm this! 🙂
I read this on their website FAQ:
"Are courses other than those in the pre-pharmacy core given consideration?
Only courses in the pre-pharmacy core are utilized in the decision to invite applicants for
interviews. Additional coursework can be considered in the interview process. Courses in
chemistry, biology, nutrition, food science, foreign language, business, computer science, and
many other areas can provide knowledge and skills applicable to pharmacy practice. "
Also CONGRATULATIONS ON EVERYONE WHO GOT IN! I willl e applying this coming cycle.👍
bump
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K