UGA: University of Georgia c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what day last year applicants were notified? Also, does anyone know how many people applied this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what day last year applicants were notified? Also, does anyone know how many people applied this cycle?
Last year emails were sent on the 28th

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Who else just got that email and had a mini heart attack hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else’s references been contacted recently? I know one of mine was contacted last Wednesday but I’m curious to see if they are planning on contacting the other two I have listed.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else’s references been contacted recently? I know one of mine was contacted last Wednesday but I’m curious to see if they are planning on contacting the other two I have listed.
Just one of mine was contacted last Monday! My other references haven’t been contacted.

So it says we will know by the week of the 22nd... does that mean we will all know every decision before that Monday, or throughout the week? Just planning on when I really need to start obsessing lol

I believe they let everyone know all at once. Last year they did it on a Friday

Hi guys! I just wanted to say I'm so excited for you guys to hear soon! You'll all hear on the same day, but often they send out the acceptances a little bit before the waitlist/denials. If you don't get accepted this year, don't give up! I was denied twice before I was accepted, and I now appreciate the time off I had to work and get experience before starting school again. If you have any questions about first year (esp with covid changes), let me know!

Reactions: 5 users
One of my friends that is a vet said she was contacted today about the person she wrote a reference letter for (it wasn't me). As far as I know mine haven't heard anything yet but I am really not too worried about it. Just wanted to give everyone here an update. I am currently taking 3 prereqs this semester and will have to take 2 in the Summer if I somehow do get in so I think it'll take a small miracle for me to have a chance but you never know! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my LoR got a call today!! Really don’t know if I can wait for the 22nd 😬😬😬...

I picked up the call today from UGA at the clinic I work at!! I had to tell them the doctor who wrote my rec letter was gone for the day

• Wow
Yeppp I don’t think they had a clue it was me obviously 🤦‍♀️ And the other doctor who was working was offended they didn’t ask for her instead since she also wrote a letter haha

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I asked my veterinarian that did my LOR if she's gotten a call and she said she hasn't heard anything. Is that bad news?

I asked my veterinarian that did my LOR if she's gotten a call and she said she hasn't heard anything. Is that bad news?
People have gotten accepted with 0 calls, and people have been rejected with 3 calls. I wouldn’t count yourself out!

Reactions: 6 users
Sooo when do y’all think we will find out this week?! 😬😬😬😬

Do you think it’ll be this week?? I’m so nervous lol
I’m thinking this Friday... just because it was a Friday last year and they said we’ll find out before the 22nd 🤷🏻‍♀️ Im super nervous too. But fingers crossed for everyone ❤️

I’m thinking this Friday... just because it was a Friday last year and they said we’ll find out before the 22nd 🤷🏻‍♀️ Im super nervous too. But fingers crossed for everyone ❤️
I agree! I don’t think it will be until Friday.

LOL I thought their email said that we will find out BY the week of February 22nd 🙈
So I thought that meant that we’ll find out next week 🤷🏽‍♀️

LOL I thought their email said that we will find out BY the week of February 22nd 🙈
So I thought that meant that we’ll find out next week 🤷🏽‍♀️
It does! I take that to mean by the start of the week of the 22nd, we will have decisions. I do not believe they will release decisions over the weekend.

Oof I really misread that email and thought it was worded to be on the week of the 22nd.

"All decision letters will be sent via email by the week of February 22nd."
thats the exact wording, and half of my friends think that it means before the week of february 22 starts, while the other half think it means by the end of the week of february 22. why couldn't they have just given us a date hahaha :rofl: i think the confusion is coming from the fact that they didnt just say "by february 22." the inclusion of the entire week of february 22 makes me think we won't hear until next friday haha

Lol I think of it this way.. if someone says to me, “You need to meet me here BY 2:30,” I’m not going to show up at 3.

Lol I think of it this way.. if someone says to me, “You need to meet me here BY 2:30,” I’m not going to show up at 3.
ok that makes sense haha but if i teacher said "i need you to turn in this assignment by the last week of february" i would probably think that means i could still turn it in during the last week of february, but definitely before the week is over

ok that makes sense haha but if i teacher said "i need you to turn in this assignment by the last week of february" i would probably think that means i could still turn it in during the last week of february, but definitely before the week is over
😂😂😂 We can definitely say it will be any day between now and next Friday then lol

• Haha
Yeah the wording is so confusing haha

This school has so much power over how well my Friday and following weekend goes 😂

Agree with everyone here! If it's "by the week of the 22nd" wouldn't it have been easier to say "by February 26th" which is that Friday? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Does anyone know the class size for 2025? I know the class size was set at 114 for previous years, but had heard rumors of them expanding the class size to 150 this year.

Does anyone know the class size for 2025? I know the class size was set at 114 for previous years, but had heard rumors of them expanding the class size to 150 this year.
yeah parker moore told us at a uga pre-vet club meeting last fall that the class of 2025 will have 150 students! they are doubling the number of oos seats (increasing from 15 seats to 30) and adding IS seats too. not sure about contract seats.

yeah parker moore told us at a uga pre-vet club meeting last fall that the class of 2025 will have 150 students! they are doubling the number of oos seats (increasing from 15 seats to 30) and adding IS seats too. not sure about contract seats.
That's awesome!! Thanks for info, I knew I had heard talk of it but wasn't sure if it was happening or not.

Hi guys. I just found a very interesting article by UGA vet faculty members(there is Moore Parker's name too).
The article's name is " Prediction Value of Vet student Application data for Class Rank at End of Year1". I will upload that article too.

So depends on this article, it seems like they use this formula when they reviewing us.
GPA (up to 15 possible points),
GPA Science (20),
GPA Last45hrs (15),
GRE-QV (10),
GRE-AW (10)
and FileScore (30).

😂I just cannot believe that they used 50% as total GPA

Attachments

• vetsci-07-00120.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 772
Hi guys. I just found a very interesting article by UGA vet faculty members(there is Moore Parker's name too).
The article's name is " Prediction Value of Vet student Application data for Class Rank at End of Year1". I will upload that article too.

So depends on this article, it seems like they use this formula when they reviewing us.
GPA (up to 15 possible points),
GPA Science (20),
GPA Last45hrs (15),
GRE-QV (10),
GRE-AW (10)
and FileScore (30).

😂I just cannot believe that they used 50% as total GPA
i find that super interesting! when parker spoke with us at the uga pre-vet club, he said that the #1 indicator of success in the uga vet program was the applicant's gre score, so im surprised that gpa is weighed a lot more heavily in the formula.

Thanks for sharing, this is really interesting! I know this says it’s a predictor of the students success in vet school but I just was wondering if they ever take preference to experiences/vet or animal hours? Like how heavily does that play into the equation as well? Anyone have any insight ?

Thanks for sharing, this is really interesting! I know this says it’s a predictor of the students success in vet school but I just was wondering if they ever take preference to experiences/vet or animal hours? Like how heavily does that play into the equation as well? Anyone have any insight ?
I think experience hours and rec letter are under the FileScore which is 30% of the formula

i find that super interesting! when parker spoke with us at the uga pre-vet club, he said that the #1 indicator of success in the uga vet program was the applicant's gre score, so im surprised that gpa is weighed a lot more heavily in the formula.
I think it’s interesting that the GRE is still a requirement. So many schools are moving away from it now. Even Pre-Covid!

Me seeing the graphs on how OChem and Physics performance correlates to class rank

ooof.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hahaha you guys have to stop looking stuff up! I did that last cycle and it really stressed me out! 😂
Good advice buttttt on another note the facebook group was just created today (yes i have been checking every single day, no I do not have anything better to do with my time)

1613494735003.png

• Wow
Good advice buttttt on another note the facebook group was just created today (yes i have been checking every single day, no I do not have anything better to do with my time)

View attachment 330303
good find!!!! maybe we will find out this week after all!!!

Oh man.... *anxious mode activated* 😂

• Haha
No matter the decision, be proud of yourselves!!!

View attachment 330303
Don’t feel bad, I’ve been checking for it every day too😂

415E52D6-7281-41CF-B272-E23E3E9BED5A.jpeg

i wonder what they are posting? 🤔 maybe they already made a congratulations post haha

• Wow