Ugh >:(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

faith hopelove

God Fearing
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I ordered the Hyperlearning Verbal Workbook and I was so excited to receive it in the mail but when I got it, there was nothing but highlights and underlining and writing. How am I suppose to bypass those markings when I am studying??? The description on the book said great condition no markings! What a croc of boloney!!! What am I going to do now? Any ideas??
 
If the seller didn't say mint condition or new, you really should have double checked or asked the author.

If the author did say mint condition, new, or like new, you should contact the author and complain about it because that is not the definition of new.

I usually try to buy from bookstores or really established sellers because usually they have new books or great return policies.
 
Firstly, if you paid with a credit card, dispute the charges with your CC company immediately if you want to get your money back. Have the proof of the item's description etc., screenshot will do.

I was in a similar situation, bought what i thought was a physics book (if I read the details more carefully I would have seen that it said it was just an access code) but in the description it read "mint condition, no markings on pages, no pages missing." What I got in the mail was an envelope with an online access code. Paid $60 for it. Disputed with my cc company, and just based on that misleading description he wrote the money was credited back to my account within a few weeks, didn't have to send the product back or nothing.

But this probably isn't your main concern. I don't know how bad it is so what I'm gonna suggest could be a huge waste of time or it could help you out.

-Circled answers=> Circle all of the other answers the same way the first one was circled
-Highlights=> Maybe you could highlight other text around it to make it more uniform. Same with underlines. Underline it all, and try to ignore it while reading the passage.
-Writing=> Cross that **** out, don't pay attention to it. Shouldn't be a major issue
 
Great suggestions about circling all the answers.

If the highlighting really bothers you--you could photocopy the passages (usually highlighter doesn't show up!).

Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If the description said "no markings" dispute it with your credit card company. If you got it off eBay you also have the additional choices of disputing it through paypal or ebay.
 
Firstly, if you paid with a credit card, dispute the charges with your CC company immediately if you want to get your money back. Have the proof of the item's description etc., screenshot will do.

I was in a similar situation, bought what i thought was a physics book (if I read the details more carefully I would have seen that it said it was just an access code) but in the description it read "mint condition, no markings on pages, no pages missing." What I got in the mail was an envelope with an online access code. Paid $60 for it. Disputed with my cc company, and just based on that misleading description he wrote the money was credited back to my account within a few weeks, didn't have to send the product back or nothing.

But this probably isn't your main concern. I don't know how bad it is so what I'm gonna suggest could be a huge waste of time or it could help you out.

-Circled answers=> Circle all of the other answers the same way the first one was circled
-Highlights=> Maybe you could highlight other text around it to make it more uniform. Same with underlines. Underline it all, and try to ignore it while reading the passage.
-Writing=> Cross that **** out, don't pay attention to it. Shouldn't be a major issue

And this is why you should never sell items online, either.