Ughh, took DAT today, don't know where to go from here.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JMaurer

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the DAT today and sucked it up, I studied for about 2-3 month off an on, it's rough, I'm in school full time, active duty in the military and the head of my department, have a newborn (4mo) and about a total commute of 3 hours a day to and from work. Sucks bc I feel like a put in a lot of effort, but it wasn't enough.. I don't know where to go from here, I'm an older student (30) so I didn't want to put off an extra year, and my timeline was perfect, get out of the military next May and start dental school a few months later, now I'm unsure...My GPA is about 3.5, and have a few more prereqs to take to go with my degree, my scores were; Bio-16, Chem-16, Ochem-16, PAT-19, QR - 19, RC- 21... I ran out of time on every section... just feeling down in the dumps now. I could apply to the easier school to get into, like Howard, UNE, UMKC places like that and cross my fingers, but I think my science scores just wont cut it. Any advice? Mainly just venting.

Members don't see this ad.

Yea with those scores will definitely be difficult..as difficult as your story sounds it most likely won't make up for poor scores. However, going through the adea guide you will notice the range of accepted dat scores varies wildly so if you want to toss a couple apps out shouldn't cost that much and maybe your story will resonate with someone. I'd say get through these pre reqs and then set aside some time where you are able to focus solely on dat with all the popular prep material out there and get it next time..next year will be here before you know it, minor setback!