UHCO chance???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lucyOD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just trying to see if I need to possibly retake the OAT, or just sit pretty until applications open this July for 2017 matriculation. Goal is for UHCO!!

OAT scores
BIO: 310
GEN CHEM: 350
OCHEM: 350
RC: 350
PHY: 300
QR: 280
AA: 320
TS: 330

undergrad gpa: 3.8, major in Biology with minor in business
2+ years experience working in a private practice
officer in pre-optometry club

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The QR looks bad, I admit, but the other scores make up for it, especially in combination with your GPA. I'd say you have a shot, though I didn't apply to UHCO.

I would think the best thing you could do is call UHCO and ask them about your chances. Most schools would be glad to let you know what they are expecting from future students. However I don't know if you're planning on applying for the fall 2016 cycle. If so it might be a little too late since deadline for UHCO applications is in a couple of days. If not then you've got time lol

I agree with the response above that your QR score doesn't seem that great. Schools prefer all your scores be above a 300. But your GPA is very high and could make up for the low QR score. I recently got into UHCO for this fall and my scores were higher than yours but there are people that have gotten in with your scores. I think the best thing would be to call the admissions office, explain your situation and do what they suggest. They might tell you that you don't have to take another OAT!

Thanks! Yeah I think that's a good idea to call in and just ask directly. I'm applying for the class of 2021.
Also congrats on admission!