UIC Acceptance for 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wisedent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted at UIC for 2007.
Thanks to SDN for the tremendous amount of information and support.
My good luck and best wishes to all who are trying for the next year.

Getting an admission is not easy but hard work and patience would defenitly help.
I just wish to share my experience with you all.
Its my second attempt.
Last year i got accepted at NYU. waitlisted at Boston,Buffallo,Minnesota &
UIC.
I was sad and mad .knocked at all the doors possible. Lots of frustrations.But there is a time for everything. I badly wanted to get in to a 2 year program and UIC was my first preference as i live in chicago.
Studentdoctor sometimes helped me and sometimes it made me more frustrated.I am just writing my experience hoping it may help some of you.

My stats part 1- 89, part 2- 77,GPA 3.75(wes) 3.06(ECE) Toefl- 257
took dental hygiene license of florida. attended dental society's meetings,took a certification in managed care.and worked as dental assistant for some time.

I got accepted to a fellowship program in maxillofacial prosthetics at UIC last year . It was like a small light in darkness.So i decided to defer my admission at NYU for next year and try again at UIC this year.

I applied only to UIC this year and BY God's grace i got in and i am happy.

My advice to those who are trying is to never loose hope. I had times when i lost it but my faith in God and family's support helped me a lot. Keep trying. Never forget that patience is a virtue. Do everything possible and knock at every door. YOu never know which one is gonna open for you. My acceptance to the fellowship program was a miracle. so try for other programs too while waiting. above all trust in God.

I have gone through this struggle and so i am happy to help anybody to whom i can be of some help.wish you all good luck.

Love wisedent.:)

Members don't see this ad.

heay congratulations for ur selection...i was also intervied at uic...u know till now how many ppl they have accepted...I'll be really thankful to you

hi guys,
i also got accepted at UIC. it is such an overwhelming experience, i am still absorbing the fact that my long journey is kinda over and i hav reached somwhere..........it has been so long!!
i wanna thank many people at sdn who helped me a lot during my cranky, anxious days, thanks prady, thanks rahmed, thanks ashish n thanks stelon..........i owe a lot to u guys.
with an avg score and below avg gpa, i had little hope n was preparing to retake part 1, but wasnt consistent ..........was so frustating ,and now UIC happened.
so my word to all those with low gpa and avg scores, dunt give up!!try to improve your application in other aspects if your gpa is low,try other evaluation services,enhance your work exp. and keep up the faith.God is there, he is watching over us, he will hide our shortcomings and help us work hard and achieve what we want, but it takes time and patience.for some people i saw very little struggle, studied limited mateiral for a few months n got an amazing score, then applied to just a couple of schools n got in, while i know many more who had ot retake several times n still struggling...........but everyone's life is diff, so dunt compare, just hang in there, do your best n hav faith.
all the best guys!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations Wisedent and godbless....All the best at uic ...
Can u please let me know weather u were interviewed in august....
and CONGRATS again...u guys did it!

Congrats Godbless and wise dent. both your hard work really paid off. :thumbup:

congrats wisedent and godbless!!..
all the best!

hi guys,
i also got accepted at UIC. it is such an overwhelming experience, i am still absorbing the fact that my long journey is kinda over and i hav reached somwhere..........it has been so long!!
i wanna thank many people at sdn who helped me a lot during my cranky, anxious days, thanks prady, thanks rahmed, thanks ashish n thanks stelon..........i owe a lot to u guys.
with an avg score and below avg gpa, i had little hope n was preparing to retake part 1, but wasnt consistent ..........was so frustating ,and now UIC happened.
so my word to all those with low gpa and avg scores, dunt give up!!try to improve your application in other aspects if your gpa is low,try other evaluation services,enhance your work exp. and keep up the faith.God is there, he is watching over us, he will hide our shortcomings and help us work hard and achieve what we want, but it takes time and patience.for some people i saw very little struggle, studied limited mateiral for a few months n got an amazing score, then applied to just a couple of schools n got in, while i know many more who had ot retake several times n still struggling...........but everyone's life is diff, so dunt compare, just hang in there, do your best n hav faith.
all the best guys!!

hi guys,
congrates on ur acceptance:thumbup:

congrats wisedent,godbless and lavender !!!

hi
congrats to you all with uic admissions
godbless pls check your pm
i also applied but my interview is still on oct 31
i really wonder what it feels like to be finally accepted
this is my 2nd year but im truly trusting God this time.

hey..congrats to both of u..good luck with the program.....

congrats...wisedent ,godbess and all those accepted.....
you are great source of inspiration for all of us waiting to hear from dental schools.......goodluck for future....

hi..I just started this process I applied at San Antonio fellowship and atUB Periodontics. Please advise me on how long Ub takes to call and when I should just asume..that they are not gojing to call me??? Please let me know...Thanx!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know how many got accepted.My interview was in augest.

hey everyone,
can some one tell me here that how many no. of people are accepted every year on an average at UIC and till what time does this process continues ???....thanx

Hi wisedent, godbless, lavender, congratulations for UIC acceptance.

well said. i am so happy to hear the good news from you. wish you all the best in the long and bright journey ahead of you...

hi guys,
all the best guys!!

:thumbup: congratulations to all who got select in UIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbup: congratulations to all who got select in UIC!!!!!!!

congrats all who got selected in uic....all the best for future..

Congrats wisedent,godbless and lavender....wish you all the very best for your course....
:thumbup: Good Luck

hey everyone,
can some one tell me here that how many no. of people are accepted every year on an average at UIC and till what time does this process continues ???....thanx

UIC accepts 24 students each year if I am not mistaken...

Getting an admission is not easy but hard work and patience would defenitly help.
Its my second attempt.
UIC.
I was sad and mad .knocked at all the doors possible. Lots of frustrations.But there is a time for everything. I badly wanted to get in to a 2 year program and UIC was my first preference as i live in chicago.
Studentdoctor sometimes helped me and sometimes it made me more frustrated.I am just writing my experience hoping it may help some of you.

took dental hygiene license of florida. attended dental society's meetings,took a certification in managed care.and worked as dental assistant for some time.

I got accepted to a fellowship program in maxillofacial prosthetics at UIC last year . It was like a small light in darkness.So i decided to defer my admission at NYU for next year and try again at UIC this year.

My advice to those who are trying is to never loose hope. I had times when i lost it but my faith in God and family's support helped me a lot. Keep trying. Never forget that patience is a virtue. Do everything possible and knock at every door. YOu never know which one is gonna open for you. My acceptance to the fellowship program was a miracle. so try for other programs too while waiting. above all trust in God.

I have gone through this struggle and so i am happy to help anybody to whom i can be of some help.wish you all good luck.

CONGRATULATIONS, It's admirable! I'm plannig to take the first test at the end of the year and the 2nd by may, do you know which schools have the 2 yrs program besides UIC???

Congratulations!!! What score did you get, and how long it took you to get accepted?
hi guys,
all the best guys!!

CONGRATS God bless !!
You made it ... now sit back and let it soak in.
Good Luck !

hi guys,
all the best guys!!

congratulations to all who have been admitted to the UIC..Well, i also stay in Chicago, but am on H4, so unfortunately cant qualify for the DDS degree program there..
I am a BDS from India...I have done wid my part 1 and toefl, can anyone tell me that in which course in UIC can I get enrolled on my visa status...and whether it would be a degree or a certificate program...plz lemme noe soon...and can i get enrolled for 2007?

you can apply to the felowship program in research for ortho at the uic craniofacial center. contact Dr. disilveria.

hey everyone,
thanks guys for your best wishes, i received many pms congratulating me, thanks a lot to my sdn friends!!sorry i couldnt reply back earlier as i was in india for a vacation..............i received a lot of pms asking me abt the low gpa problem and abt my interview at UIC,since it is not possible to reply to all the individual mesgs, i am posting here, i hope i answer all the questions, but still if you hav any more qs, pls post it on any UIC thread and i shal answer it. so here it is for those having interviews soon, the interview at UIC is very kool, you just need to show then how honest, confident and eager to learn you are. the interview pattern is a lil diff than other schools, first they ask you to read out a paragraph out loud from strutvent and then give a synopsis of it in your own words, i guess they wanna see your english pronunciation and your understanding in general of what you read. then they show you some instruments and ask you to arrange it in an order, believe me you dunt need to know anything to crack it,they show some xrays accompanied by a case history and ask you to give a treatment plan for it, you cant prepare for it in advance ,you have to use what you learned in last few years in dental school.they show you some models of teeth with class 2 cavity preps and crowns and ask you to identify it and point out the mistakes in it and how to rectify it,you can just go through these topics in a text book then it is no rocket science.then there is a general interview where they ask you things abt yourself, your career goals, and dental experience.
i didnt do very good at the interview though, made some stupid mistakes which i knew i cud avoid, but i was honest with them n tried to come up to thier expectations, it is not abt the score or the perosnal statement or experience here in this school,coz all the applicants who were interviewed in aug at UIC had a better score than me and most had more years of experence or some additional traning or a masters, so just pray to god, he knows what is right for you, and giv it your best and dunt stop trying until you make it.
as for the gpa, guys you need to read the application requirements very carefully for every school and see what every individual school wants, all schools are different and hav diff requirements, you hav to do the spadew work as i did myself, but schools accpet diff evaluations, so try getting evaluations from as many evaluators as possible and apply wisely.PEOPLE WITH LOW GPAS, A WORD FOR YOU,IF YOUR GPA IS LOWER THAN 2.5, IT IS BAD, BUT THERE ARE SOME WINDOWS, YOU HAV TO LOOK OUT CAREFULLY.i wunt be very specific with names of schools which take people with low gpa or with other evaluators who giv better gpas, coz mentioning it here wud only harm you guys, but spend some time reading related posts, search on this form, it has been posted here.
the process of gettin in a advanced standing program in the US was a very frustating and difficult experience for me, it taught me a lot of things abt life and lessons i wud never forget. i hope others hav a better journey though........all the best guys.

Hi , I'm kinda new at this. I want badly to get into a 2 yr program. NDB 1 is 87. Shd i retake it or prepare for part 2 & try to get a gud score there? By what date latest shd i take part 2? Also, how do u find out the no. of seats a university offers? Is the list of the international program univs at ADA.org reliable? Or does it miss out some? Plz help & guide......( I just found out that i missed on the California univ.s)

Hi , I'm kinda new at this. I want badly to get into a 2 yr program. NDB 1 is 87. Shd i retake it or prepare for part 2 & try to get a gud score there? By what date latest shd i take part 2? Also, how do u find out the no. of seats a university offers? Is the list of the international program univs at ADA.org reliable? Or does it miss out some? Plz help & guide......( I just found out that i missed on the California univ.s)

hi,
your part 1 score is kinda tricky, people with much lesser scores hav got in sometimes,but not many,usually one has a better chance with 90+, higher the better, but score is not everytihng, if u can cover up with some toher thing in your resume like good work exp, some other masters u did in US or your country ,green card(for schools which hav a requirement of green card, though they r very few,but help cut down the competition as it did in my case at uic)or a good personality n good communication skills and lots of luck then u can break it with 87.........otherwise retake part 1 , but apply alongside to as many places u can, to find out the number of seats in diff schools dunt rely on ada website only, go to diff school's websites n get current n updated info, the websites of the schools are given on the ada website, foreign dentist info , on the last page i beleive.not all schools require part 2, so i wud suggest focus on retaking part 1 ......unless u r focussed on some school that has part 2 as a requirement.i hope it helps.all the best.

Its my second attempt.
UIC.

Hey wisedent ,
Congratulations on ur acceptance..........thats greaat and u r lucky...
i have applied in UIC but i havent received any reply yet from them...
i received an email from jill saying thsat we shouldnt contact them and ask questions abnout tour application status...is that true........
well i am praying hard and just hoping that i will be called this time....
is there any second batch of interview conduted at uic....if yes when..
do u think i should contact her and ask her about my status...i really dont wanna piss them off.......
please help/..

and congrats to u...again

Hey wisedent ,
i received an email from jill saying thsat we shouldnt contact them and ask questions abnout tour application status...is that true........
do u think i should contact her and ask her about my status...i really dont wanna piss them off.......
please help/..

hey,
though this question wasnt directed tome, but i wud wanna say that do not contact jill if she told specifically not to contact regarding the status, wait n pray patiently, i know it is easier said than done though, if u hav an interview call , she wud contact you by all means, i hope it helps,all the best

hey everyone,
thanks guys for your best wishes, i received many pms congratulating me, thanks a lot to my sdn friends!!sorry i couldnt reply back earlier as i was in india for a vacation..............i received a lot of pms asking me abt the low gpa problem and abt my interview at UIC,since it is not possible to reply to all the individual mesgs, i am posting here, i hope i answer all the questions, but still if you hav any more qs, pls post it on any UIC thread and i shal answer it. so here it is for those having interviews soon, the interview at UIC is very kool, you just need to show then how honest, confident and eager to learn you are. the interview pattern is a lil diff than other schools, first they ask you to read out a paragraph out loud from strutvent and then give a synopsis of it in your own words, i guess they wanna see your english pronunciation and your understanding in general of what you read. then they show you some instruments and ask you to arrange it in an order, believe me you dunt need to know anything to crack it,they show some xrays accompanied by a case history and ask you to give a treatment plan for it, you cant prepare for it in advance ,you have to use what you learned in last few years in dental school.they show you some models of teeth with class 2 cavity preps and crowns and ask you to identify it and point out the mistakes in it and how to rectify it,you can just go through these topics in a text book then it is no rocket science.then there is a general interview where they ask you things abt yourself, your career goals, and dental experience.
i didnt do very good at the interview though, made some stupid mistakes which i knew i cud avoid, but i was honest with them n tried to come up to thier expectations, it is not abt the score or the perosnal statement or experience here in this school,coz all the applicants who were interviewed in aug at UIC had a better score than me and most had more years of experence or some additional traning or a masters, so just pray to god, he knows what is right for you, and giv it your best and dunt stop trying until you make it.
as for the gpa, guys you need to read the application requirements very carefully for every school and see what every individual school wants, all schools are different and hav diff requirements, you hav to do the spadew work as i did myself, but schools accpet diff evaluations, so try getting evaluations from as many evaluators as possible and apply wisely.PEOPLE WITH LOW GPAS, A WORD FOR YOU,IF YOUR GPA IS LOWER THAN 2.5, IT IS BAD, BUT THERE ARE SOME WINDOWS, YOU HAV TO LOOK OUT CAREFULLY.i wunt be very specific with names of schools which take people with low gpa or with other evaluators who giv better gpas, coz mentioning it here wud only harm you guys, but spend some time reading related posts, search on this form, it has been posted here.
the process of gettin in a advanced standing program in the US was a very frustating and difficult experience for me, it taught me a lot of things abt life and lessons i wud never forget. i hope others hav a better journey though........all the best guys.

very good post!!:thumbup: :thumbup:
its really kind of you to share your experience and knowlege with all of us sailing in the same boat..its a blessing in disguise!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

hey god bless,
thanks for ur reply......i have been waiting too long from uic..but havent heard from them yet ..and now knowing that a few has been accepted ...i guessing the reply from them...do u by any chance know if they have a second batch of interview later...i am hoping for that too sometimes..
anaywasy thanks.

hey god bless,
thanks for ur reply......i have been waiting too long from uic..but havent heard from them yet ..and now knowing that a few has been accepted ...i guessing the reply from them...do u by any chance know if they have a second batch of interview later...i am hoping for that too sometimes..
anaywasy thanks.

hi,
as far as i know, UIC had an interview batch for 4 days in aug with 4-6 candidates everyday, and then had a similar one in sept, and there is one in oct too, i dunt know abt nov. yet, i hope it helps

hey god bless,
anaywasy thanks.

try to call jill and listen to her answering machine (as it says that they will review application till november.)

Hey wisedent ,
please help/..

just my humble advice....
there is only one thing you can always be sure of and that is your value and your passion for dentistry. continue on your way and do not expect closure from any external place, do not let any external thing control and lead you, and your actions. I am saying this only because I am truly fighting with myself the same way and it is very hard sometimes, but is the only thing that makes sense. ......and if they call you for an interview, even better....
vita-dent

Finally, thanks to god, i got the admission at UIC, thanks to all my friends and sdn members who prayed for me. When I called to Jill today, and she said i am accepted, it was the best pal in my life.:) :) :)
congratulations to all who are accepted at UIC. and wish you all the best who applied and still waiting for the results. Dont lose hope, try your best and you will succeed one day.

Finally, thanks to god, i got the admission at UIC, thanks to all my friends and sdn members who prayed for me. When I called to Jill today, and she said i am accepted, it was the best pal in my life.:) :) :)
congratulations to all who are accepted at UIC. and wish you all the best who applied and still waiting for the results. Dont lose hope, try your best and you will succeed one day.

hiiiiiiiiiii,
woow, congrats man!!!!!!!!!!i am so excited for you........................woow i am so glad you made it, gimme your number i wanna call u now

guys who all got accepted recently in uic please post here, so that we can all coordinate the path ahead for loans, housing,knowing each other better.........

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Hey stelon congrats on ur acceptance and good luck on your future endeavors.

hi stelon

congratulations!

guys who all got accepted recently in uic please post here, so that we can all coordinate the path ahead for loans, housing,knowing each other better.........

Hey me too!!! I am in!!!!:) :)

Thanks, Godbless, Adinavv, Dent Tex, Desidoctor. congratulations aman_g

Hey stelon,

Congratulations!!!! You made it!!!:D I'm very happy for ya. All the best for dental school next year. :luck:

Hey, will you still participate in LLU's dexterity test?

Congrats, aman_g. All the best to your future endeavours.

Hi Cheer up, thanks, Loma linda dexterity test is very tough and because of my new job, i will not get more leave so I am not coming to Loma Linda. I am sad that i will not able to meet you. but Good luck to you. You will do best. bye.

Hearty congratulations............Can u send me ur contact details on my email id......